Home

IS CP3 the worst looking player on next gen?

This is a discussion on IS CP3 the worst looking player on next gen? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: IS CP3 the worst looking player on next gen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by "The Veal"
I have a theory that 2k spent more time on players from really good teams than the ****ty ones. Every player on the Heat from LeBron to Chris Anderson look incredible, same goes for the Spurs. And yeah players on the Celtics and Magic don't even seem up to par.
Beg to differ on that one. Chris Anderson, Beasley and Greg Oden can use some work. Anderson looks as if he doesn't have a facial scan and his hair color is way off, Beasley looks last gen and Oden looks 'created' rather than scanned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Nashhole
You ALL have CLEARLY. NOT. Seen.

MICHAEL BEASLEY

to get anyone this wrong i don't even.

Jamal Crawford looks like an unidentified creature.

Multiple people have the wrong body type. Xavier Henry was never skinny when he first entered the league yet he is thinner than Durant in this game. Others have weird *** skin textures that resemble clay and the contrast from these models w the ones that got face scanned is so drastic that it looks like a PS1 rendering. I mean seriously? Yall this lazy?

I just don't get it. Don't they look at the player models before they pass some certification or something? Who is the person in charge or authenticating these ****ing terrible player models? Please 2K, hire me. Ya'll are AWFUL

To not get the gameplay right is one thing. To make these players look NOTHING like their real life counter part is a sad sad excuse and shows for the lack of hard word. Period. There is no counter argument to this. It's lazy and embarassing.
To second that notion on body types, one major error 2K seems to have made in this regard is having used the same skinny arms applied to Kevin Durant, for many, many other players in the league. Kevin Durant is a level of skinny that deserves its own body type yet Tim Duncan, Jarrett Jack, Kyrie Irving and Damian Lillard to name a few, have the same skinny arms that Durant has. It's almost as if there are only two types of arm sizes in 2K; skinny and brolic. Even Current Gen had more body types than that.

This and the improper combination of leg sizes and upper body sizes...ie Kobe Bryant who in life has a muscular upper body and skinny legs; which is not replicated in 2K causing him to look too big. Brandon Knight on the Bucks is another one...he looks like a bodybuilder. There are too many cases of this guy is too big or that guy is too skinny. Worst of all though, are the head size errors in this game. Way too many heads that are way too small or way too big. It seems most point guards suffer from this small head syndrome...Lillard, Nelson, Westbrook, Parker, even Oladipo and others. The gigantic headed include Mason Plumlee, Myers Leonard, Cody Zeller and Joe Johnson to name a few.

Maybe these things could be brushed aside in last gen, but in next gen it makes it near unplayable. One step 2K could take is give us the option to edit arm, leg and body size in edit mode. Asked for the faces, they have shown that they can fix them and I am expecting they will with the next patch.

Last edited by eko718; 12-09-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #43
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

If they missed some average players or scrubs then okay whatever but stars like D-Will and CP3? come on
Old 12-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #44
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
If they missed some average players or scrubs then okay whatever but stars like D-Will and CP3? come on
Yeah they need the modders from the PC forums to help them out....if you can't get the headscan from a player they could've at least put some effort on these guys.

You can tell right off the bat that some/most of the players faces/heads where just ported over from CG. That's some lazy stuff...
Old 12-17-2013, 02:43 AM   #45
Just started!

OVR: 0

No I Would say Jeff Green is by far since he's 10 shades brighter in the game the he is in real life he looks bleached
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
Glen Davis looks like he snuck in 2K14 from Live 14.
This...
Along with his teammate Jameer Nelson.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 0

Larry Bird's hair beats everything.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #48
Pro

OVR: 10

U can't mention CP3 without mentioning his teamate - Jamal Crawford! He looks god awful! I don't understand how he looks worse on next gen than he did on the 360 and ps3..

My dude Swaggy P (Nick Young) looks pretty bad too...utterly swagless in 2k14...
Committed 2 page, I write a rhyme, sometimes won't finish 4 days
Scrutinize my literature from the large 2 the miniature
I mathematically ADD minister
Subtract the wack, Selector, wheel it back I'm feelin that!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »