Home

Has anyone ever been traded to the team they actually pick?

This is a discussion on Has anyone ever been traded to the team they actually pick? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Has anyone ever been traded to the team they actually pick?

^That's weird, i wanted to play for the lakers(my favorite team) and they had the top interest in me, spurs and rockets were also interested. My top pick was LA, then my 2nd and 3rd choices were Heat(second favorite team) and Houston. . .i got traded to the raptors who were at the bottom of the list in team interest. What kind of logic?
Old 12-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
I was drafted by the sixers and was enjoying playing with them but the Raptors are my favorite team. I was super on the fence about asking for a trade in fear of being traded somewhere I didnt want.

Then I read in a different thread(I believe the my career thread) your story of how you wanted to be traded to the raptors and that you did get traded to them. You made it sound so easy.

Long story short. Ya I didnt get traded to the raptors. I got traded to the pacers. I HATE the pacers. HATE them. You owe me a beer dude. Lol

Im just playin.
I asked for another trade so hopefully ill go there this time
Sorry my story led you on. Haha, I don't know man, usually it takes a couple of trades in the older versions of 2k for me to land on the Raptors. This time around I just got lucky I guess. Good luck!
Old 12-14-2013, 02:09 AM   #11
Rookie

andyacecandy's Arena

OVR: 1

Well here goes round 3 of trying to get to the Rockets.

They're the #1 team interested in me and I told the GM I wanted to go there. Problem is I'm only rated in the low 70s...

I just went through the "are you sure you still wanna be traded" cutscene, so I'll know soon where I'm going. I ONLY chose Rockets (didn't even choose up to 3)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2013, 03:29 AM   #12
Rookie

andyacecandy's Arena

OVR: 1

Yay finally traded to Rockets!

Celtics traded me for Beverly... ha
Old 12-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #13
Banned

I've been trying to get traded to the raptors for 3+ seasons. Each time the raptors have had high interest in me and i've been traded to the t-wolves, jazz, and grizzlies twice (I asked for a trade off the grizzlies and the gm traded me to the grizzlies). My guy is 90ovr and the raptors have always had high interest in me (PG) but it seems it's not meant to be.

I think it's kind of silly to play a mode like my career and never have much of choice to play where you want. I understand that in real life players don't have much of a choice until their entry level deal is finished, but this is a game. To play constantly for terrible teams in the West is getting annoying to the point where I barely want to play any more. I'm simming through seasons/playoffs like crazy but even when I get to free agency there's a chance the team I want on won't offer me a contract.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:22 AM   #14
Rookie

Yes was traded to my favourite team, the Lakers, after going through 3 teams first. (Bucks, Timberwolves, Raptors) Then I played half a season with the Lakers and got a glitch and now I cant play, its really great.

Last edited by LakersMeeks; 12-14-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #15
Rookie

Yea the Sixers were my top team and I got traded to them first try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #16
n34
Rookie

I'm 77 and I've requested a trade 4 times, and I haven't been sent to any of the teams I've chosen.

For example, I chose the top 3 teams and I got sent a message saying "no trades were found for the teams you chose". ****ing bull****. **** you 2k.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »