Home

NBA 2K14 My Career Mode Makes and Misses

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 My Career Mode Makes and Misses within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #41
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
The greatest miss of all is how they fail to capture a true simulation of what it means to go from a top college prospect to being a pro. Until they focus on that aspect this mode is unplayable to me.

Forcing cut scene, made up rivals, and story boards was the last thing this mode needed. The put the cart in front of the horse and now the mode has become unplayable.

If they are going to steal ideas for RPG's. They should have stole from Skyrim. At least in that game actually doing certain aspects make me better at the very same action that I'm doing. As oppose to accumulating VC/Skill point (or what ever they want to call it today) just to use not only on completely non related skills in My Career mode, but random stuff in every other mode.
That's a bingo!!!

I couldn't agree more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #42
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K14 My Career Mode Makes and Misses

This mode is pathetic. Coming down the stretch I'm down by 3 and at the line for 2 free throws.

My guy has an 88 FT rating, and I clank both shots, with excellent release because the game decided the AI was gonna win and I needed some stupid *** cutscene talking about my poor performance. Absolutely pathetic

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #43
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanemblem
It will be their problem when I stop buying their product. Cats like you crack me up as if we play with the same settings. I've been playing sports video games since the early 1980's dude so don't try to play me out as some scrub. The rebounding mechanics in this games is fugged up on the real, among other things. Don't get me started in my extremely dumb CPU teammates watching rebounds and lazy passes. But you'll probably blame those on my skills too huh?
You guys come here and bash the game well then sell it and buy something else seriously

The rebounding is not perfect by any means but you only getting 2 rebounds with a 7 foot center is your problem not 2k's and i went on HOF got 9+ games
Old 12-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #44
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
This mode is pathetic. Coming down the stretch I'm down by 3 and at the line for 2 free throws.

My guy has an 88 FT rating, and I clank both shots, with excellent release because the game decided the AI was gonna win and I needed some stupid *** cutscene talking about my poor performance. Absolutely pathetic

Did you not say you were done with the game? i mean seriously all i see you from is negativity on this mode yet you play it still
Old 12-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #45
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Did you not say you were done with the game? i mean seriously all i see you from is negativity on this mode yet you play it still

What're you worried about what I'm doing? I am done with this game, in the process of selling it with my ps4. But before that, I'm gonna play it. My career is the only thing I'm playing and the **** I'm seeing is ridiculous.

So, stop worrying about what I'm playing and what I'm not and enjoy the game for yourself

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #46
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
What're you worried about what I'm doing? I am done with this game, in the process of selling it with my ps4. But before that, I'm gonna play it. My career is the only thing I'm playing and the **** I'm seeing is ridiculous.

So, stop worrying about what I'm playing and what I'm not and enjoy the game for yourself

Agree with what you're saying completely bro, but lol it is amusing and disappointing at the same time reading this, how many such as yourself went from being very hyped for NG before release to now about to sell it. I guess it's indicative of 2k's misleading marketing.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #47
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:

I could care less if i bashed the game as much as you have im pretty sure i would have been banned

I assume you never played a WWE game because that's what 2k did with NG's my career yes it sucks that it forces you to have off nights or miss 2 free throws but it's not the end of the world
Old 12-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
I could care less if i bashed the game as much as you have im pretty sure i would have been banned

I assume you never played a WWE game because that's what 2k did with NG's my career yes it sucks that it forces you to have off nights or miss 2 free throws but it's not the end of the world
If the criticism of a game is done in a respectful manner with logic, reason, and merit, I do not believe it should lead to a ban.

Further, if WWE has become a sound comparison for NBA 2K14, then I believe that speaks volumes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »