Home

I made a video documentation some of 2K14's rebounding issues for taller centers.

This is a discussion on I made a video documentation some of 2K14's rebounding issues for taller centers. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #9
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: I made a video documentation some of 2K14's rebounding issues for taller centers.

To bad this isn't a HOF problem. This stuff happens on Allstar level too which is why ppl complain about the offensive rebounding, PIP, 2nd chance points being high, and the CPU not doing many jump shots in the game. You user seems to go into a animation which causes you not to even jump sometimes for the rebound...while the CPU has Spiderman reflexes and throws up a quick layup.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #10
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: I made a video documentation some of 2K14's rebounding issues for taller centers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
To bad this isn't a HOF problem. This stuff happens on Allstar level too which is why ppl complain about the offensive rebounding, PIP, 2nd chance points being high, and the CPU not doing many jump shots in the game. You user seems to go into a animation which causes you not to even jump sometimes for the rebound...while the CPU has Spiderman reflexes and throws up a quick layup.
ok i just played it on all star 17 points 3 assists 18 rebounds all star sim in the show case and he's 7'2 come on man

Then i tried on superstar 14 points 15 rebounds

In both games i could have gotten more but my position and timing were off
Old 12-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Alright, Operation Sports, ask and ye shall receive! I matched up against the Pistons in MyCareer on fresh new Superstar simulation sliders, and in 28 minutes of play, my final statline: 39 points, 2 assists, 8 rebounds, 5 blocks.

The statline improved slightly because more missed shots came off the rim thanks to Superstar sliders, but quite honestly I feel like I could have at least doubled the amount if it were not for the animation issues that I ran into. I decided not to make another compilation video because I feel that my original post illustrates these issues quite well, but there were a few instances that were just so hilariously bad that I had to upload them (I'll also add them to the first comment to increase awareness and whatnot):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8uEpmbtsJk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lDvaro9Z9o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PznmPuKMhQE

In each of these clips, there is no way that you can blame the sliders, user timing, or rebounding influences of surrounding players for the fact that those boards were not collected. Come on guys, at what point do we stop pointing fingers at the player (which is completely justified because I feel that many 2K issues are player-generated) and acknowledge that something is up?

Last edited by DmangoUnchained; 12-09-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #12
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

The last 2 are bad nobody said 2k was perfect all i said is that it is possible to get 10 rebounds+ a game with a 7 footer ...people saying they only get 2-6 need to work on the timing
Old 12-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #13
Rookie

WelshWizard's Arena

I get 6+ every game with A 6'6 PG on HoF and have had 10. I haven't seen any problems.

must just be timing and position but they do look bad
Old 12-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #14
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWizard
I get 6+ every game with A 6'6 PG on HoF and have had 10. I haven't seen any problems.

must just be timing and position but they do look bad
People say its just 7 footers...its bad timing and positioning that stops them from averaging double doubles every game
Old 12-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
its bad timing and positioning that stops them from averaging double doubles every game
I can get more clips just like the ones linked above, if you'd like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #16
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmangoUnchained
I can get more clips just like the ones linked above, if you'd like.
Like i said the last 2 are bad the game is not perfect you can get 10+ easily with a 7 footer there is people on here complaining about only getting 4 boards a game and then they blame it on 2k but when if they stopped crying they would improve the timing and box out and get the rebounds

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »