Home

I made a video documentation some of 2K14's rebounding issues for taller centers.

This is a discussion on I made a video documentation some of 2K14's rebounding issues for taller centers. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2013, 10:49 PM   #17
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: I made a video documentation some of 2K14's rebounding issues for taller centers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Well i will say that rating is horrible for a starter
I think it was 10 points lower in CG. A bunch of guys got a little defensive rebounding boost. I cant complain about the initial rating. Based on his per minute rebound numbers and the amount of time he spend under the hoop he was really that bad last season.

There is another line of thought that Trail Blazer fans clashed on. Based on advanced stats Lopez was a good rebounder. His team outrebounded the opponent while he was on the court.

I'm a realist and while I know they needed a 'real' center I prefer actual stats to advanced "I box out stats". So I wasnt as big on Lopez though I knew Aldrdige would make him a better rebounder because Aldridge boxes out but I was not banking on osmosis rebounds. I'm happy to say I was right and wrong. He is a better rebounder with Aldridge and the team is a better rebounding team with him on the floor.

So I am now all in favor of using advanced rebound stats and adding a boxout sig skill.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:59 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: I made a video documentation some of 2K14's rebounding issues for taller centers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Playing on HOF you're just asking to be cheesed. Videos like this can't be taken too seriously if it's being played on HOF.

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk
Nothing on HOF can be taken seriously.

I don't know why people insist on playing on a mode that artificially boosts the CPU massively then complain about the results.

That said sometimes rebounding is whack and your players can't find or grab the ball that's in front of them. It's like they get an artificial shot of dumb and expect you to make up for it.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
I think it was 10 points lower in CG. A bunch of guys got a little defensive rebounding boost. I cant complain about the initial rating. Based on his per minute rebound numbers and the amount of time he spend under the hoop he was really that bad last season.

There is another line of thought that Trail Blazer fans clashed on. Based on advanced stats Lopez was a good rebounder. His team outrebounded the opponent while he was on the court.

I'm a realist and while I know they needed a 'real' center I prefer actual stats to advanced "I box out stats". So I wasnt as big on Lopez though I knew Aldrdige would make him a better rebounder because Aldridge boxes out but I was not banking on osmosis rebounds. I'm happy to say I was right and wrong. He is a better rebounder with Aldridge and the team is a better rebounding team with him on the floor.

So I am now all in favor of using advanced rebound stats and adding a boxout sig skill.
Totally agree with this. Box out needs to be separated from effort in the tenacious rebounder sig skill. That way we can properly rate players like David Lee who hustle for boards but hardly ever box out.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #20
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown

I don't know why people insist on playing on a mode that artificially boosts the CPU massively then complain about the results.

That said sometimes rebounding is whack and your players can't find or grab the ball that's in front of them. It's like they get an artificial shot of dumb and expect you to make up for it.
Yeah HOF on 2k just never made sense to me and why people bothered with it then complained about cheesing by the CPU...well they have 10+ everything basically

Anyway like you said sometimes the rebounding is off but what people complained about is not being able to grab a lot of boards on a 7 footer when they can
Old 12-10-2013, 03:45 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown

Quote:
Yeah HOF on 2k just never made sense to me and why people bothered with it then complained about cheesing by the CPU...well they have 10+ everything basically
Haha. Can we drop the Hall of Fame sliders point? I've already shown that the same effects apply to Superstar sliders.

Quote:
Like i said the last 2 are bad the game is not perfect you can get 10+ easily with a 7 footer there is people on here complaining about only getting 4 boards a game and then they blame it on 2k but when if they stopped crying they would improve the timing and box out and get the rebounds
If you can grab 10+ "easily", why are there so many people around 2K14 forums around the Internet complaining that they run into the exact same rebounding issues? When you pair the fact that it has become a common albeit subsidiary complaint throughout the fanbase with the fact that I have provided video evidence that there are multiple occasions in which rebounds are missed despite any semblance of poor timing or positioning, it's frankly a little immature or even stubborn to maintain the explanation of "everyone just sucks and they need to stop crying and get better."

What's more is that I can reproduce this evidence, it isn't isolated to simply one occasion. The MyCareer games in my videos were one after the other, and I have 100% confidence that I can play the next game, and the next, and the next with whatever combination of sliders that are recommended in order to present similar videos showing the same degree of flaws.

And you're absolutely right, 2K isn't perfect and should not expected to be perfect by any stretch of the imagination; however, my complaint and the complaint of many who share the same opinion that I do, is that as far as these particular issues are concerned, 2K does not even meet bare minimum standards. I don't want to be a rebound/ball magnet, as that would be unrealistic. I do, however, think that when issues get as stupidly bad as evidence clearly displays, that they are flaws and should be corrected. Especially when the flaws are not a rarity isolated to myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #22
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

When I play with or against the Pacers, David West gets 10+ boards while Hibbert frequently gets something like two. He's often in great position but does some stupid animation of catching the ball near the ground and gets beat because of that. This issue has existed previously. I remember passing on guys like Tyson Chandler and Hibbert when playing a fantasy draft OA because I knew they wouldn't be getting any boards.

I should probably make a video too.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #23
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Just went on HOF i had a 10 , 12 , 9 rebound game with a 7'2 no problems...im pretty sure if you guys would actually focus and quit thinking you should grab everything but you're maxed out and bought all these sigs you would do the same.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #24
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Just went on HOF i had a 10 , 12 , 9 rebound game with a 7'2 no problems...im pretty sure if you guys would actually focus and quit thinking you should grab everything but you're maxed out and bought all these sigs you would do the same.
Video evidence? Or at least a box score?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »