Home

I made a video documentation some of 2K14's rebounding issues for taller centers.

This is a discussion on I made a video documentation some of 2K14's rebounding issues for taller centers. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2014, 07:18 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: I made a video documentation some of 2K14's rebounding issues for taller centers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
is this yours?
Didn't know this was English class maybe if u stop looking up dumb pics of keyboards on the internet and play a game of real basketball you bums would know how to rebound I'm just saying.......... Period
Old 01-30-2014, 07:34 AM   #50
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Re: I made a video documentation some of 2K14's rebounding issues for taller centers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmann1oo
Didn't know this was English class maybe if u stop looking up dumb pics of keyboards on the internet and play a game of real basketball you bums would know how to rebound I'm just saying.......... Period
all im saying is that your posts are damn near impossible to follow due to lack of all punctuation. i dont really use commas or apostrophes but i do make sure i break up my sentences.

back on topic if you really think that he shouldnt have gotten any of the rebounds in the videos he posted then maybe you need to go play basketball yourself. sure rebounding is about position and timing but he wasnt complaining about actually being out-rebounded due to those factors. he was complaining about the lack of ball awareness by his player and being sucked into animations. its kinda hard to have good position when the game slides you out of position and the ball is free to warp wherever it pleases.

does reggie evans get more rebounds because the other players dont seem to know where the ball is or decide not to try to catch the ball until its at waist level? is he a jedi and can use the force to move players aside? or maybe he is a master hypnotist and can convince them that they do have the ball and continue to play out as if they do until its too late.

please watch that video again (i say again assuming you did watch it before posting the first comment) and tell me that was his fault. he not only made his player turn his back to the basket when he was in perfect position to grab the board but also had him head the ball instead of using his hands to grab it.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:54 AM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
all im saying is that your posts are damn near impossible to follow due to lack of all punctuation. i dont really use commas or apostrophes but i do make sure i break up my sentences.

back on topic if you really think that he shouldnt have gotten any of the rebounds in the videos he posted then maybe you need to go play basketball yourself. sure rebounding is about position and timing but he wasnt complaining about actually being out-rebounded due to those factors. he was complaining about the lack of ball awareness by his player and being sucked into animations. its kinda hard to have good position when the game slides you out of position and the ball is free to warp wherever it pleases.

does reggie evans get more rebounds because the other players dont seem to know where the ball is or decide not to try to catch the ball until its at waist level? is he a jedi and can use the force to move players aside? or maybe he is a master hypnotist and can convince them that they this ave the ball and continue to play out as if they do until its too late.

please watch that video again (i say again assuming you did watch it before posting the first comment) and tell me that was his fault. he not only made his player turn his back to the basket when he was in perfect position to grab the board but also had him head the ball instead of using his hands to grab it.
. Number one thing your taunt in rebounding box out which in 2k makes u face the basket u don't u get stupid animation like this cmon man learn to rebound people
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2014, 10:06 AM   #52
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
. Number one thing your taunt in rebounding box out which in 2k makes u face the basket u don't u get stupid animation like this cmon man learn to rebound people
Translate this in English to me please
Old 01-30-2014, 11:30 PM   #53
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

7'2 centers definitely have some sort of problem grabbing boards.

My old center before it was corrupted averaged about 7 a game, but I always noticed him jumping weird as hell like in your vids...

I used to average 30 boards a game in 2K11 and something like 23 in 2K12, so I know how to board...

Once I recreated my guy and made him 6'10 I'm grabbing at least 15 again.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:45 AM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Translate this in English to me please
"The very first fundamental you are taught in the game of basketball is to use your body to shield opposing players from the rebound. This is considered a 'Box Out'. When this is translated to the basketball simulation video game, NBA 2K, pressing the correct button makes the player you are controlling face his body towards the goal, or 'basket' if you will.

If you are doing this correctly, then you will not get the afore mentioned undesirable animation to execute, as is being shown in the previous video.

I am showing disappointment in you, my fellow peers, for not understanding how to properly rebound in the game of basketball.

Fellow community members, please increase your knowledge of this basic skill.

Thank you, dmann1oo"
Old 01-31-2014, 07:16 AM   #55
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
so irl if a player doesnt box out he randomly turns away from the basket? in the one clip i asked you to look at there was no one for him to box out. he didnt actually turn around until the animation started. that is not user error.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »