Home

NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617
What's the difference between VC and 'gold' in an RPG?
exactly! have ppl forgotten about xbox live points already???

I think its been great for my player. ive been trying to work up my skills slowly, makes you really second guess what skills you want to increase. But in all honesty its been fun. I recommend everyone to try the park mode, u get a sense of players who have low overall but play really good, and vice versa.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 2
should have put VC on the cover... VC as in Vince Carter. lol
Old 12-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47jr
AS OF NOW 2K OWES ME $80 WORTH OF VC AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK. CUSTOMER SUPPORT SUCKS. THEY TOLD ME TO CALL MICROSOFT FOR MY REFUND. THAT WAS INCORRECT. THIS 2K NEXT GEN IS A SCAM. NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES ON 360. I HAVE 5 TICKETS OPEN. THEY DONT RESOLVE ANYTHING. NONE OF MY MODES WORK. THIS CLOUD BASED SAVINGS SUCKS. I BELIEVE IT IS CAUSING THE ISSUES.
$80??? I would've stopped purchasing VC the first time it didn't work Smh

(Galaxy S4)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #76
Pro

dom5552's Arena

OVR: 3
Frankly, I would rather earn an actual 6-8 figure salary with my contract and pay for things with that instead of VC. They had the right idea before VC but damn, I cant really afford to have a good MyPLAYER with nice clothes. So I say get rid of VC and bring back "real" money figures.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslimm
On the flip side this VC probably is what pays for these Legends to be on the game. They get paid for having their likenesses on the game, and if it was up to me I'd do away with them and maybe integrate a revolutionary create a player system... Idk am I reaching?
With respect, I have always found these suppositions to be much too broad while potentially letting gaming companies off the hook. I would wonder how much DLC and microtransactions some would be willing to explain away simply as, "Well games are getting more expensive so it makes sense." My question would be, is Virtual Currency about 2K's survival and solvency? Or is it simply another money stream for a team who'd already properly budgeted before VC even came into the picture?

Further, I am unquestionably biased toward NBA legends' inclusion in the NBA 2K series. As a fan of the NBA (and of real life NBA replication and simulation) I have found classic teams to be one of the biggest breakthroughs in 2K series history. They're real teams and real players with real history. I feel they fit right in with what an NBA simulation should be all about.

Still, regarding the pay of legends, we don't really have a base upon which to stand. We don't really know how much players are being paid and what effect that monetary total has on the entire 2K brand. Is it a sizable dent in the budget? Or is it merely a blip?

Moreover, I feel there's many other aspects of 2K that'd be ripe for reduction before the inclusion of real life NBA basketball teams. To name two off hand: Euroleague teams and 2K's star-studded soundtrack. I feel as though times couldn't have been too hard if 2K was able to secure Jay-Z and all of his cohorts before VC was ever even introduced. I'd also venture to say 2K's sudden need and urge to sign mega-hit soundtrack stars as opposed to the underground angle they supported for their entire existence up until 2K12 would again suggest 2K's not necessarily fighting for survival and draping their entire product in Virtual Currency only so they may survive.

Last edited by VDusen04; 12-11-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #78
Rookie

stephenk24's Arena

OVR: 2

This whole VC thing sounds horrific, and I am far less excited about getting a copy when I get myself a new system next January...

Is there a season mode you can do to bypass all this? I don't care about losing the micromanaging options if it means I can just play a full season with no hindrances...
Old 12-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #79
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47jr
AS OF NOW 2K OWES ME $80 WORTH OF VC AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK. CUSTOMER SUPPORT SUCKS. THEY TOLD ME TO CALL MICROSOFT FOR MY REFUND. THAT WAS INCORRECT. THIS 2K NEXT GEN IS A SCAM. NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES ON 360. I HAVE 5 TICKETS OPEN. THEY DONT RESOLVE ANYTHING. NONE OF MY MODES WORK. THIS CLOUD BASED SAVINGS SUCKS. I BELIEVE IT IS CAUSING THE ISSUES.
$80 man. I'am not judging you but you're also a part of the problem. Why would they get ride of VC if people keep throwing their money away.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #80

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

They need to keep VC to something like MyTeam, similar to how Madden or Fifa does for Ultimate Team. It is insane to have it go towards everything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »