Home

NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #97
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
You can easily get 20-30k VC just off simming in MyGM and its really your choice to buy it or not nobody is forcing you to press X on purchase
easy? you won't get that much with ease. First off doing it is a hassle because you only get 600VC most of the time when doing this. It would take a while to get 30,000 VC doing this since it takes a few mins to do the simming thing, and it gets boring after the 3rd time of doing it. You really do try hard to defend this VC crap. Do you work for 2K?
Old 12-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #98
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslimm
I understand where you are coming from don't get me wrong I love the implementation of legends, I'm afraid I haven't played with them in Nba 2k14 yet simply because not all rosters are accurately represented. But there are things are give in take 2k is a business and we as consumers want things in the game such as legends. Those people cost maybe some agreed to be in for free but those players cost money. I remember Pippen didn't want to be in the game unless the money was right and they made that happen or Sir Charles, I forgot which one. But with that being said as much as I hate VC, this is what's paying for the soundtracks, the Jay Z, the legends etc. I'm sure they meet and exceed expectations of VC purchases so yes they probably pocket that money too but I do understand where you are coming from

(Galaxy S4)
Then what paid MJ at 2K11? Obviously if VC was really a sure pocket money, team USA and Dream Team would still be here. Jay-Z and these legends came BEFORE VC, Jay-Z "produced" 2K13 and that INTRODUCED VC, so your argument involving him is invalid because they had Jay-Z and these legends in the game BEFORE VC. If VC went into the Euroleague, then its not much still cause its on like 14 of the 24 teams in that league.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #99
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
easy? you won't get that much with ease. First off doing it is a hassle because you only get 600VC most of the time when doing this. It would take a while to get 30,000 VC doing this since it takes a few mins to do the simming thing, and it gets boring after the 3rd time of doing it. You really do try hard to defend this VC crap. Do you work for 2K?
I did it in only a couple of hours was not hard at all it gets boring but oh well
then i just play games and earn 925 VC

I don't mind the VC not defending it but you guys are complaining about this but a few years ago you were asking for it
Old 12-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #100
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
is anybody forcing gamers to buy clothes? no
I do not understand how your post relates to my initial response (regarding gamers wishing to have reasonable access to all aspects of the game for which they purchased).
Old 12-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #101
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I did it in only a couple of hours was not hard at all it gets boring but oh well
then i just play games and earn 925 VC

I don't mind the VC not defending it but you guys are complaining about this but a few years ago you were asking for it
But regardless of performance, you're not gaining a lot of VC. You should be rewarded A LOT MORE if YOU ACTUALLY PLAY GOOD.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #102
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
You can easily get 20-30k VC just off simming in MyGM and its really your choice to buy it or not nobody is forcing you to press X on purchase
Quote:
To clarify, your solution for consumers wishing to earn enough virtual currency to fully enjoy their purchased product is to "easily" spend multiple hours of banality in an attempt to game the game?
Old 12-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #103
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
To clarify, your solution for consumers wishing to earn enough virtual currency to fully enjoy their purchased product is to "easily" spend multiple hours of banality in an attempt to game the game?
Did i say you have to simulate it? play it if you want and earn more
Old 12-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #104
Banned

OVR: 7

Its unfortunate that this is the future of gaming. Micro-transactions. I read an article about this a while ago and sort of let it go by the wayside.

Now it seems to be ruining one of my favorite franchises. Its sickening that 2k hasn't addressed this at all.

Noone asked for VC here, so some of you defending it and saying "I don't mind VC.." stop it.

VC was pretty much thrown on us. Yes, some of us dabbled with it but that doesn't mean we wanted it or wanted it implemented in every gamemode controlling routine tasks such as setting rotations?

ugh

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »