Home

NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #161
Rookie

tom180's Arena

OVR: 0
I think it's a joke... you buy this game to have full modes available and instead we have to go through all these hours to unlock coins... honestly...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #162
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFAULTCAMERA
I agree with the rest of the guys on this, but I also see your point. But the only way to some what make this acceptable is have all the modes carry over each year. For example the guy you put hours into on 2k14 should carry over to 2k15. You should not have the headache of starting all over again, the same should go for your VC. If I have 300,000 VC in 2k14 when I purchase 2k15 that's what my account should show on the new game not make me start all over.
The carry over aspect is going to be implemented in the coming version of MLB The Show. I am jacked to hear that, and hopefully other games will start doing the same.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #163
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmtron
I can just see it in 2k15, you only start with the ability to use the jazz and bucks, then you have to buy the right to use any other team, haha
It almost feels like that's a possibility now. 2K should make the top of the disc look like wood grain too, so when we can no longer connect to the server, we have a nice coaster.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #164
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFAULTCAMERA
I agree with the rest of the guys on this, but I also see your point. But the only way to some what make this acceptable is have all the modes carry over each year. For example the guy you put hours into on 2k14 should carry over to 2k15. You should not have the headache of starting all over again, the same should go for your VC. If I have 300,000 VC in 2k14 when I purchase 2k15 that's what my account should show on the new game not make me start all over.
I agree 100% with the carry over. If they don't want to for our myPlayers because of technical reasons, they could at least let us carry over VC from previous games. I have a ton of VC earned in 2K13 that's worth less than the dollar these days lol.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #165
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayOtic723
Its not as bad as your making it takes what 500 vc to edit a line up if you play one game maybe 2 in your franchise then you will have enough or in MYPLAYER by the end of your rookie yr see how much vc you make its a ridiculous amount people complain because they don't want to work for anything last time i check you can go play nab live….
They rather complain about the VC thing then play a ps2 game on next gen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #166
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by willh313
Ok...this is a valid argument but honestly most of the stuff you do in franchise is purchasable after a few exhibition games(even if you lose on HOF you get 400-500 VC per game)...without spending a single dime of real money...has the micro-transaction thing gone too far...in a word, yes; but by no means does this game REQUIRE you too spend that extra cash(you spending the extra dough or wanting to is matter of your own impatience)...I have not spent any extra money on the game and get everything I want out of it...They only put $h!t like this in the game because a lot of gamers now a days whine about wanting more sooner and if you want that then there's the option. Same thing for Battlefield and it's instant upgrade kits and damn near every other game that is made by people willing to compensate whiners...It used to be that you could buy a game play it and be happy with what you got in the box until something else came along...then people started saying theres not enough levels...we need new this...I beat it so fast that...so now companies bleed you for stuff like this because a lot of you guys are spoiled and can't play game for more than a month without getting tired of it....I'm sorry to be the one who said this but...the main reason the whole dlc thing in general is getting out of hand is BECAUSE of gamers...remember when we used to get Expansions....things that could have almost been whole games of their own....WE RUINED that....The vast number of us who can't WAIT or have to run through a game in one weekend instead of taking the time get everything out of the games we have....I know this wont be popular but I felt it needed to be said....I mean guys you don't even notice that we don't even have cheat codes in the game anymore....developers are probably like ..."why make secrets when they are just going to run through the game and not try everything it has to offer anyway"....again i understand the anger here but you guys gotta realize this kind of stuff is our fault...when what you paid for stopped being enough this is what happened
You said it! I remember people saying on NBA2K10 my player, it takes too long to upgrade your player, and they remedied that. Some of this blame goes to the gamer as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #167
Banned

OVR: 0
We can all bit*h and cry all we want, but it still won't change the people at 2k sports mind. They know that people from all around the world will continue supporting them no matter how dirty and hungry money they're.

If you people think this is bad, wait until next year and the year after that edition. They will find way to make money off of us, Even if they allow us to transfer vc to the next game.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #168
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Czar what's up family?? I could be reaching here, but I think the point they're getting at is they want the game to last all year long. So building a player in a more sim time frame and for us to not have Gold Players until we go deeper into myTeam. I'm not sure how domination mode works, but if you beat the team and get 3 stars, do you get a gold player from that team?
There's no need to make little simple things cost VC to make the game last, they didn't have to do anything they've done to make the game last. The only reason they did it is for more money...period.

If they wanted to make this game so people will play it longer and make it last you know the BEST way to do this? Make a damn good game that allows you to play the modes in it how you want.

Even in one of your earlier post you mentioned people who say they are "sim" should like the way VC is used.....I'm having a very hard time putting "SIM" and "VC" in the same sentence as linking one with the other.

There is no sim in needing VC to change rotations in MyGM, there is no sim in your MyPlayer having a contract paying you in VC...it's just not working for me or many others.

Also in your earlier post you mentioned being able to play the app to earn VC...well there is a problem login in to play the App, so can't do that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »