Home

NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: PastaPadre: VC Implementation Threatens The Future Of The NBA 2K Series

I read all this and it's saddening. I grieve with everyone. NBA 2K14 fell off. I will never, ever spend my own hard earned money on VC. I bought the game and I want to play $60 worth. I guess the only way to enjoy the game is the play how it is; playing MyGM using any of my VC resources. If I don't have enough VC for a digital item in-game, so be it. You just have to play for what it is.

Everyone is different. All I want is to be able to play MyGM, change my opponent's jersey, customize other team's players (gear, jersey numbers, etc.), edit draft classes - just give us what 2K11 had.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #42
Rookie

I am very frustrated with how the guys at Visual Concepts are treating their consumers with this direction that they're headed. I was upset last year with their VC implementation and pseudo 'always online' treatment, but didn't care too much because it mostly affected MyTeam and MyCareer, modes which I did not particularly care for. But now, it's affecting even the simplest things, and limiting the fun we get out of the Association mode. I hope LD2k is reading this, and I hope they pay attention to us, because this is extremely frustrating.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 15

Wow, what has happend to 2Ksports. Between this and all of the missing features, customization that is not in NBA2K14, roster issues I'm shocked that route that they have went, and have kept quit about it. Usually the 2Kdevs communicate pretty well with the consumers, but this year it has been different.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #44
Rookie

I'm fairly sure there are lots of casual gamers out there who are very upset that their MyCareers or MyGMs, that they've poured purchased VC into, are corrupted and unplayable. EA had to publicly apologize for how their product performs - I'm actually baffled 2K Sports haven't done the same, and I'm absolutely disgusted with every celebratory tweet from Ronnie2K and LD2K. NBA 2K14 NG is nothing to be proud of, so let's hold off on tooting your own horns until you've patched this bug-ridden mess up.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #45
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

This is the most "EA" thing they've done so far. if it's in the game it's in the game lol.

my ps4's on ebay, i only really play 2k and i have very little hope they are going to make this right.

back to PC for me especially since REditor just got released.

Adios muchachos!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #46
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

This whole VC issue transcends any debate about causal and hardcore fans. Who what's to pay $60 for a game and then be in a situation where they have to pay another $10-$25 just to be able to play the game as it was intended?

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #47
Rookie

I'm fine with VC in general, but yeah, making us use it to tweak lineups is weird. We SHOULD have to use some type of XP to do things like upgrade stadiums, influence trades and signings, etc. I don't mind it.

The amount of VC one has to spend in order to change the color of their socks is a bit much though. In order to get a headband I have to choose "do I upgrade my 3pt rating five points or do I buy a headband?" It's a no brainer early in your career, you go with the upgraded skills. Later in your career you don't need it and you can just buy sweet swag.

But to get all up in arms about VC is a little over the top. You can play this game and enjoy it (as I do) without shelling out money in microtransactions.

The freezing issues and people losing money they spent has to stop though. That's the only objection I really have.

Bottom line, if you don't like paying for VC, don't pay for VC.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #48
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

My main gripe was not being able to set my rotation, but I realized that all I had to do was play one game, then I had enough VC to change it; so it wasn't THAT big of a deal. With that said, I do agree that it does set a bad precedent.

Personally, I haven't spent a dime on VC and don't plan on it. I have played enough games (about 21-22 MyGm games and am currently in February) to unlock quite a bit. I know 2K's main objective is to make money. I just wish that they realized that if they built a truly great offline/online Association, then they wouldn't have to worry about nickle and diming everyone. The game would sell itself. The sad thing is I just don't think they see that in their "vision".

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 12-11-2013 at 10:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »