Home

NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side

Never thought i'd say this but EA need to step it up with live 15. Put 2k on the backfoot. They've had the monopoly on the 'ball games for a few years and have become stagnant.

The ratios for VC in my career is madness. I'm all for working towards making your creation better over time but seriously. Some of these prices are stupid.

1,200 for a headband...sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #66
Rookie

asitter's Arena

Re: PastaPadre: VC Implementation Threatens The Future Of The NBA 2K Series

Obviously VC isn't going anywhere. But I wish they'd do it like FIFA did (does?), and only have it in Ultimate Team. In FIFA, you rank up your virtual pro by accomplishing different tasks. This means that the better you are, the better your guy is. No more people paying $50 for a perfect player. Only the people who know how to play the damn game can have a high ranking player.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #67
Rookie

I hate VC implementation. Maybe keeping it in myteam but all the other stuff like tattoos is absurd. Especially when my basketball player has a salary of 50Vc every other week. I can't even get a tattoo with that salary wth. One day the servers were down so I just wanted to play blacktop mode and run a game with Kobe Bryant, nope couldn't do that because I had to pay hard earned VC just to unlock him. It's ridiculous and being that I wouldn't mind playing MyGM and mycareer I have to decide which one because I have to utilize my VC earned to accommodate one game mode Smh 2k you are seriously losing customer satisfaction

(Galaxy S4)
Old 12-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #68
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by law_1990
Never thought i'd say this but EA need to step it up with live 15. Put 2k on the backfoot. They've had the monopoly on the 'ball games for a few years and have become stagnant.

The ratios for VC in my career is madness. I'm all for working towards making your creation better over time but seriously. Some of these prices are stupid.

1,200 for a headband...sure.
You cant even equip a headband on a player.... glitch
Old 12-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #69
Rookie

On the flip side this VC probably is what pays for these Legends to be on the game. They get paid for having their likenesses on the game, and if it was up to me I'd do away with them and maybe integrate a revolutionary create a player system... Idk am I reaching?

(Galaxy S4)
Old 12-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #70
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Do you mean simming as a part of the MyGM experience? Or are you referring to simming in MyGM as a means of artificially farming Virtual Currency? If the latter, are you suggesting one of the most effective ways of earning what's available in NBA 2K14 comes through non-traditional gameplay and tedium? Further, what does 20,000 virtual currency allow a gamer to purchase? And is it possible to earn enough virtual currency through natural, fun gameplay in order to "unlock" all 2K14 has to offer in each mode?
Depends on what you play/need
Old 12-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #71
Rookie

Re: PastaPadre: VC Implementation Threatens The Future Of The NBA 2K Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Is it just coincidence that the VC logo on the VC coin looks like a piece of cheese?
This had me rolling lol...

The most galling thing to me is their doing this in spite of modes that include this "feature" being bug ridden or in some cases not working at all.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Slater James; 12-11-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #72
Just started!

AS OF NOW 2K OWES ME $80 WORTH OF VC AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK. CUSTOMER SUPPORT SUCKS. THEY TOLD ME TO CALL MICROSOFT FOR MY REFUND. THAT WAS INCORRECT. THIS 2K NEXT GEN IS A SCAM. NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES ON 360. I HAVE 5 TICKETS OPEN. THEY DONT RESOLVE ANYTHING. NONE OF MY MODES WORK. THIS CLOUD BASED SAVINGS SUCKS. I BELIEVE IT IS CAUSING THE ISSUES.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »