Home

Why are some of my players not healing in MyGM?

This is a discussion on Why are some of my players not healing in MyGM? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2013, 06:04 AM   #1
Rookie

justcallmedaddy's Arena

OVR: 1
Why are some of my players not healing in MyGM?

In my Bulls season I let Carlos Boozer go at the end of the season and gave the starting PF reigns to Taj Gibson at the start of season 2. Well sometime towards the beginning of the season he suffers a severe ankle sprain and is out 2-4 weeks. It wasn't a big deal at the time because Mirotic's potential shot up and was an 80+ ovr and was demanding a trade for lack of playing time.

Well fast forwards all the way to the playoffs and Gibson still hasn't recovered and when I finish with the first game of the playoffs his injury update now says "season." I just figured I had a subpar trainer and Taj's foot didn't heal right or something. Well the playoffs are over and I go through FA and everything, and I start a new season but Taj Gibson is still not healed from his injury, he's had almost a full year now to heal a 4 week injury. So I'm kind of mad but I go through the rest of the season with him out for the whole year, it ended up not being all that bad because wiggins shot up all the way to a 93 and led us all the way to the finals (lost to the Thunder).

This next FA I'm kind of annoyed by it and end up signing Kevin Love and moved on from Gibson. Well around All Star week Kevin Love hurt his arm, out 4-6 weeks. I think nothing of it as the rest of my teams injuries have been healing fine and I just figured Taj was a one time occurance. Well, fastforward to the playoffs again and Kevin Love is still out and after the 1st playoff game, it again changes from 4-6 weeks out to "season." We ended up going to the finals and winning, and now I'm in the off-season deciding whether I should risk sticking with Kevin Love and hoping his injury is healed and parting ways with Mirotic, or signing Mirotic and risk having to keep Kevin Love inactive throughout his whole bulls career and having to handle both Mirotic's and Love's sizable contracts when Wiggins is due for a big deal this offseason.
NCAA FB:Notre Dame
NCAA BB:Notre Dame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2013, 06:17 AM   #2
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Why are some of my players not healing in MyGM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmedaddy
In my Bulls season I let Carlos Boozer go at the end of the season and gave the starting PF reigns to Taj Gibson at the start of season 2. Well sometime towards the beginning of the season he suffers a severe ankle sprain and is out 2-4 weeks. It wasn't a big deal at the time because Mirotic's potential shot up and was an 80+ ovr and was demanding a trade for lack of playing time.

Well fast forwards all the way to the playoffs and Gibson still hasn't recovered and when I finish with the first game of the playoffs his injury update now says "season." I just figured I had a subpar trainer and Taj's foot didn't heal right or something. Well the playoffs are over and I go through FA and everything, and I start a new season but Taj Gibson is still not healed from his injury, he's had almost a full year now to heal a 4 week injury. So I'm kind of mad but I go through the rest of the season with him out for the whole year, it ended up not being all that bad because wiggins shot up all the way to a 93 and led us all the way to the finals (lost to the Thunder).

This next FA I'm kind of annoyed by it and end up signing Kevin Love and moved on from Gibson. Well around All Star week Kevin Love hurt his arm, out 4-6 weeks. I think nothing of it as the rest of my teams injuries have been healing fine and I just figured Taj was a one time occurance. Well, fastforward to the playoffs again and Kevin Love is still out and after the 1st playoff game, it again changes from 4-6 weeks out to "season." We ended up going to the finals and winning, and now I'm in the off-season deciding whether I should risk sticking with Kevin Love and hoping his injury is healed and parting ways with Mirotic, or signing Mirotic and risk having to keep Kevin Love inactive throughout his whole bulls career and having to handle both Mirotic's and Love's sizable contracts when Wiggins is due for a big deal this offseason.
2k has commented that its a known bug with a few of the injury types. I believe its supposed to be fixed in the next patch.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #3
Rookie

justcallmedaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
2k has commented that its a known bug with a few of the injury types. I believe its supposed to be fixed in the next patch.
Well that sucks. I guess I'll just turn injuries off then.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:48 AM   #4
Rookie

justcallmedaddy's Arena

Kevin Love just recovered midway through the season.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:52 AM   #5
Pro

indcolts18288's Arena

OVR: 2

Deng has a high ankle sprain out 2-4 weeks. Seems like it's been longer I noticed his overall is going up so hoping that's a sign he's healing
Blackhawks fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #6
Pro

indcolts18288's Arena

Up I'm getting really pissed my Deng continues to say 4-6 weeks
Blackhawks fan
Old 12-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #7
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
This. Patch 3 is with Sony and Microsoft, pending approval. This issue has been fixed and will affect your current saves as well. Players will resume healing normally for all injuries.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 12-14-2013, 12:55 AM   #8
Pro

indcolts18288's Arena

Well if I recall correctly I believe Deng's injury originally said 4-6 weeks and now it's down to 2-4 so maybe he is healing and his ovr is climbing slightly. It's a severe high ankle sprain. I don't know but if my issue is a bug I'm glad they're patching it. Let's get this patch rolled out!
Blackhawks fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »