Home

Pleading for 2K to patch in Lobbies for Simulation Basketball

This is a discussion on Pleading for 2K to patch in Lobbies for Simulation Basketball within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2013, 04:55 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Pleading for 2K to patch in Lobbies for Simulation Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuhead
The sliders are on Superstar/Simulation. And it doesn't help. Now if the sliders were on HOF/Simulation, then you would have no choice but to play real.
I have a feeling online "Superstar/Sim" is not the same as offline Superstar/Sim.

It was communicated that some decision makers at 2K were resistant to the idea of upping the difficulty for more realistic play so it's possible that a concession was made and that "Superstar/Sim" online was tweaked.

Last edited by Sundown; 12-19-2013 at 04:57 AM.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:59 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

ok thanks.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

Been asking for online lobbies for 3yrs+, its not going to happen....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

If this was available I would play online everyday.

Playing 2K online other than team up is ridiculous.

I haven't played other than team up since 2K12.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #13
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Let's be realistic, they haven't done it in years... They're obviously not gonna patch it.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
Zone defense is what you need to crowed the paint since we dont have settings. Its not perfect. It gives open the corner threes. i will slaughter you if you give me the corner three.
No its not you just dont know what you are doing. Stop using excuses to justify playing zone and learn how to play real D.

Bottom line ppl who play zone do not know how to play defense and dont want to learn so they use zone as a shortcut and turbo around switching all game n shyte like their stupid. Super sloppy games online.

Ppl who use zone always try to make it seem like its not an exploit by saying you have corner 3s but who wins a game shooting corner 3's all game....ill wait?......thought so, your not going to win like that dude.

Everybody already knows the corners are open but obviously thats not the way to beat it against a skilled zone CHEESER which is why ppl use it b/c it works. Cmon man, stop it.

I feel u with the lobby idea b/c everybody online is trash with this zone shyte.

A NO ZONE CHEESE ALLOWED lobby will mess up alot of these dudes world b/c it will force them to learn how to play d and I would say just about everybody I've played use zone ALL GAME......lames smh

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 12-19-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #15
Pro

j3nkins29's Arena

OVR: 5

If they brought the lobbies back I would definitely play online more. I have yet to play an online ranked game in 2k14 yet. I loved the lobbies they had in the past because you were able to get detailed info about other players before deciding to play them. You could see their connection strength, their DNF (Did not finish) % as well as other things. Also we could leave feedback for someone after we played them. They had options like "knows the game well' and options liked "abused exploits to win." I hate getting matched up with someone randomly and not knowing if they will just try to cheese me the entire game. If not lobbies, give us something better than what we currently have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #16
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Online community would be refreshing as well. Some sort of lobby system where you can see who is available and ready to play. Its such a hassle sometimes trying to get friends to play head to head private games.

NBA 2k14 does not show what others are doing while on game, so its a guessing game to see who might be available to play. You end up going through these dry spells and sending messages hoping for someone to respond that wants to play.

Without a proper online league with customization, its been disappointing for online games. I dont play quick match games, so im finding myself playing the cpu more as a result.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »