Home

Differences between Xbox One & PS4

This is a discussion on Differences between Xbox One & PS4 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 02:27 AM   #17
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Differences between Xbox One & PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
The OP asked for noticeable differences. People listed them, because, hey, they noticed them and are actually trying to be helpful.

Why post just to dismiss information people provide without contributing anything regarding what was actually asked?
because he likes to stick up for 2K and doesn't want anything bad said about them. Haven't you been seeing his post that's all he does...it's like he works for them.

Anyways they both don't look the same as the X1 version has a lot of jaggies compared to the PS4 version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
X1 you can call plays vocally. There is a plethora of voice commands such as "double team", "quick isolation" etcetera, that can be executed.
also on PS4 version
Old 12-17-2013, 02:30 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
because he looks stick up for 2K and doesn't want anything bad said about them. Haven't you been seeing his post that's all he does...it's like he works for them.

Anyways they both don't look the same as the X1 version has a lot of jaggies compared to the PS4 version.

also on PS4 version
I don't want to start any kind of console argument here, but this is not true. I did a side by side myself with a friends console and there are a few on YouTube. Also, XB1 loads 10 seconds fast on X1.

As for the voice commands, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by Crookid; 12-17-2013 at 02:32 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:34 AM   #19
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

Quote:
I don't want to start any kind of console argument here, but this is not true. I did a side by side myself with a friends console and there are a few on YouTube. Also, XB1 loads 10 seconds fast on X1.
already been pictures here to prove it.

*EDIT* here ya go and it's done by the pros http://anandtech.com/show/7528/the-x...are-analysis/4

Last edited by apollooff320; 12-17-2013 at 02:40 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:44 AM   #20
Rookie

spacedog's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
" noticeable differences "

We're talking about the actual game are we not? not controllers
Alright I get what you're trying to say, you don't want console fanboys to tear up this thread but you talking like every multiplatform game is exactly identical isn't helping because that's not true in many cases. The features are often the same but there are definitely multiplatform games that have different experiences. The systems don't even have identical hardware so of course they're not going to look or really feel exactly identical either. The differences are negligible but the way you're talking getting all worked up its like you're talking like they're 1:1 copies and if anyone says otherwise they're wrong. I have an X1 and even I know that lots of games look better on PS4 than X1 so far. Not by much but I'm not going to go around saying every multiplatform is identical because I'm not insecure about what console I got, I know both are great, and also different. Otherwise the consoles wouldn't be competing. Saying they're the same isn't going to help console arguments.

And I'm not trying to start any kind of argument myself, I'm just saying that the games aren't identical because they aren't, and that isn't automatically a bad thing so don't get all defensive if someone points out differences.

And justaguess, tell me how people just like "hearing" themselves "talk" on the internet? smh way to contribute.

Last edited by spacedog; 12-17-2013 at 02:46 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:48 AM   #21
Pro

Quote:
already been pictures here to prove it.

*EDIT* here ya go and it's done by the pros http://anandtech.com/show/7528/the-x...are-analysis/4
I don't listen to fanboys or system owners. I do my own research via real life comparisons and read legitimate unbiased articles.

They look exactly the same with some people saying the lighting effects are better on XBox One while others say the facial expressions are better on X1. That's all hogwash as lighting effects are subjective and situational.

They are both native 1080p so jagged edges on one and not the other would be due to a difference in resolution, which there isn't, or aliasing and both are aliasing at the same rate.

Again, I regress, they are the same with X1 loading 10 seconds faster.

Sources: http://youtu.be/em8X56GYGzQ IGN and real life comparisons.

It is apparent you have PS4. Don't let your need to justify your purchase cloud facts. Just a little advice, not trying to be rude. I am a Ps4 and XB1 owner and both are wonderful consoles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2013, 03:06 AM   #22
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

Quote:
I don't listen to fanboys or system owners. I do my own research via real life comparisons and read legitimate unbiased articles.

They look exactly the same with some people saying the lighting effects are better on XBox One while others say the facial expressions are better on X1. That's all hogwash as lighting effects are subjective and situational.

They are both native 1080p so jagged edges on one and not the other would be due to a difference in resolution, which there isn't, or aliasing and both are aliasing at the same rate.

Again, I regress, they are the same with X1 loading 10 seconds faster.

Sources: http://youtu.be/em8X56GYGzQ IGN and real life comparisons.

It is apparent you have PS4. Don't let your need to justify your purchase cloud facts. Just a little advice, not trying to be rude. I am a Ps4 and XB1 owner and both are wonderful consoles.
I actually have both systems and bought it on PS4 because that's what a lot of the roster makers said they were going. It also helped that I did see the article from anandtech who you call bias. Don't you know that's a major tech site that does reviews and benchmarks and has no bias? You must not not be in the know when it comes to benchmarks and reviews and they are top dogs when it comes to this stuff.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:22 AM   #23
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedog
Alright I get what you're trying to say, you don't want console fanboys to tear up this thread but you talking like every multiplatform game is exactly identical isn't helping because that's not true in many cases. The features are often the same but there are definitely multiplatform games that have different experiences. The systems don't even have identical hardware so of course they're not going to look or really feel exactly identical either. The differences are negligible but the way you're talking getting all worked up its like you're talking like they're 1:1 copies and if anyone says otherwise they're wrong. I have an X1 and even I know that lots of games look better on PS4 than X1 so far. Not by much but I'm not going to go around saying every multiplatform is identical because I'm not insecure about what console I got, I know both are great, and also different. Otherwise the consoles wouldn't be competing. Saying they're the same isn't going to help console arguments.

And I'm not trying to start any kind of argument myself, I'm just saying that the games aren't identical because they aren't, and that isn't automatically a bad thing so don't get all defensive if someone points out differences.

And justaguess, tell me how people just like "hearing" themselves "talk" on the internet? smh way to contribute.
Im not getting defensive about it im just saying play both versions of the game and others like COD , Madden and whatever else there won't be a huge difference between them that will make you say you have to get this console because its flat out more dominant then the other.

Exclusives are a completely different thing in the end get whatever you're friends have and what you prefer

I played on both but i like baseball and when MLB 14 hits the stores i don't play anything else for a long time ..might change with watch dogs it looks great
Old 12-17-2013, 04:25 AM   #24
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
because he likes to stick up for 2K and doesn't want anything bad said about them. Haven't you been seeing his post that's all he does...it's like he works for them.

also on PS4 version
And i see you constantly downing this game and the company in general i don't see the point of that
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »