Home

Differences between Xbox One & PS4

This is a discussion on Differences between Xbox One & PS4 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 05:35 AM   #25
Rookie

Tribe1's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Differences between Xbox One & PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
I don't listen to fanboys or system owners. I do my own research via real life comparisons and read legitimate unbiased articles.

They look exactly the same with some people saying the lighting effects are better on XBox One while others say the facial expressions are better on X1. That's all hogwash as lighting effects are subjective and situational.

They are both native 1080p so jagged edges on one and not the other would be due to a difference in resolution, which there isn't, or aliasing and both are aliasing at the same rate.

Again, I regress, they are the same with X1 loading 10 seconds faster.

Sources: http://youtu.be/em8X56GYGzQ IGN and real life comparisons.

It is apparent you have PS4. Don't let your need to justify your purchase cloud facts. Just a little advice, not trying to be rude. I am a Ps4 and XB1 owner and both are wonderful consoles.
Thanks man....This is exactly what I was looking for

Sent from my Galaxy Note3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2013, 06:04 AM   #26
Pro

indcolts18288's Arena

OVR: 2

Sony and Microsoft built two high quality next gen systems. I bought a PS4 because I like their exclusives such as mlb the show. My brother bought and XB1 and there is no difference in games thus far. Both consoles get an A in my book.
Blackhawks fan
Old 12-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
" noticeable differences "

We're talking about the actual game are we not? not controllers
The difference in rumble implementation between by 2k between the two games IS NOTICEABLE because 2K took advantage of the controller differences.

Do you have the game on both platforms? I do. Have you compared them back to back? Again, what's the point of posting repeatedly just to be contrarian without any actual real info?

Back on topic, I haven't noticed any significant graphical differences outside of PS4 having slightly more vibrant colors and slightly brighter highlights. One platform might have slightly less jaggies than another but it's not something I've noticed.

Also it SEEMS like the replay with overlays between quarters is a bit more choppy on XBox One, but it is very choppy on both platforms.

Last edited by Sundown; 12-17-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #28
Rookie

Tribe1's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
The difference in rumble implementation between by 2k between the two games IS NOTICEABLE because 2K took advantage of the controller differences.

Do you have the game on both platforms? I do. Have you compared them back to back? Again, what's the point of posting repeatedly just to be contrarian without any actual real info?

Back on topic, I haven't noticed any significant graphical differences outside of PS4 having slightly more vibrant colors and slightly brighter highlights. One platform might have slightly less jaggies than another but it's not something I've noticed.

Also it SEEMS like the replay with overlays between quarters is a bit more choppy on XBox One, but it is very choppy on both platforms.
Thanks Sundown. I just bought an xbox one yesterday to go with my PS4 and I've been debating about trading in my PS4 for the xbox version just because I don't have a lot of games for the xbox

Sent from my Galaxy Note3
Old 12-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #29
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
And i see you constantly downing this game and the company in general i don't see the point of that
Downing the company? No what u see is I and many others complaining about a game we spent $60 on not working like its suppose to. While u and a very small group try to justify the problem. You guys are the minority around here. The rest of us see the problems with the game and are not blind and we point them out so they get fixed. Don't expect us to bend over and take it so easly like yourself.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

One has exclusive games for Sony and the other has exclusive games for Microsoft. Now please someone lock/delete this thread before it gets out of control XB1 and PS4 both play NBA 2K14 and that's whats important is it not? At least to the people posting here it should be so talk about the game not console. Also to protect from future stupidity both XB1 and PS4 play the game at 60fps 1080p native there is not a need to start a console war on a sports game thread for the love of god there is nothing between them here.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #31
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
Downing the company? No what u see is I and many others complaining about a game we spent $60 on not working like its suppose to. While u and a very small group try to justify the problem. You guys are the minority around here. The rest of us see the problems with the game and are not blind and we point them out so they get fixed. Don't expect us to bend over and take it so easly like yourself.
Nobody said this game was perfect bud
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #32
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown

Yeah i played on both and there is no difference other then the " controller "
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »