Home

How to beat the CPU? Need Help.

This is a discussion on How to beat the CPU? Need Help. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2013, 03:11 AM   #1
Rookie

aga11ah's Arena

OVR: 5
How to beat the CPU? Need Help.

so I'm playing myTEAM... I know I have a bunch of scrubs but still.. I'm like 0-7 or something vs the CPU in domination. 3 losses by 1 point.

here are the problems I always see pop up...

#1 - CPU doesn't need to sub much but my players get tired super fast? umm ?? weird

#2- layups + and 1's are damn near impossible

#3 - free throws are hard as ****

#4 - CPU seems to cheat pretty bad at times

what are some tips to overcome all of this? what's a good defense to play vs the CPU to keep them in check?

Last edited by aga11ah; 12-18-2013 at 03:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2013, 03:18 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How to beat the CPU? Need Help.

Run plays from the playbook

Youtube.Com/kepazino
Old 12-18-2013, 07:42 AM   #3
Banned

Try playing on a slower game speed, 35-40 range. I personally play on 35. I like to have the slow chess match, the animations are much more noticable and vivid. Game speed helps with my defense, reduces points in the paint because it helps with my timing on blocks and overall defense in the post. You can execute plays and dribble moves better, in my opinion. Give it a shot. I play on Superstar/Simulation and have low scoring games.

I suggest User Timing for shot stick and Real Player % for Free Throws. In mh world, User Timing is realistic because more shots go in based on skill with their rating. It brings in that random factor where a player will have a very good game (like Battier hitting six threes in a row, or Joe Johnson tying Michael Redd's three point record). Free Throws can be mastered on timing, and I can shoot like 90% with Dwight Howard- unrealistic.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
MVP

The cpu will kill you in the paint, two shotblocking and rebounding bigs in your lineup is a must. Especially in the gold tournament. I tried Melo at the 4 and I struggled a lot.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

Turn your gaming system off...works EVERYTIME!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2013, 03:11 AM   #6
Rookie

erod550's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Try playing on a slower game speed, 35-40 range. I personally play on 35. I like to have the slow chess match, the animations are much more noticable and vivid. Game speed helps with my defense, reduces points in the paint because it helps with my timing on blocks and overall defense in the post. You can execute plays and dribble moves better, in my opinion. Give it a shot. I play on Superstar/Simulation and have low scoring games.

I suggest User Timing for shot stick and Real Player % for Free Throws. In mh world, User Timing is realistic because more shots go in based on skill with their rating. It brings in that random factor where a player will have a very good game (like Battier hitting six threes in a row, or Joe Johnson tying Michael Redd's three point record). Free Throws can be mastered on timing, and I can shoot like 90% with Dwight Howard- unrealistic.
Can't adjust sliders in MyTeam mode.

I'm curious to know this as well because I'm like 1-10 now with my team. Every game I can only manage 35-40% shooting while the CPU shoots over 50% plus a bunch of 2nd chance points. I run plays but it doesn't matter when they react perfectly to screens and can block a 3 from 10 feet away.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by erod550
Can't adjust sliders in MyTeam mode.

I'm curious to know this as well because I'm like 1-10 now with my team. Every game I can only manage 35-40% shooting while the CPU shoots over 50% plus a bunch of 2nd chance points. I run plays but it doesn't matter when they react perfectly to screens and can block a 3 from 10 feet away.
Can you adjust Game Speed at least? Try playing on 35-40 and you will begin to play much better.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #8
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

Not sure we can adjust Game Speed in MyTeam/Domination mode, but I'll check next time I play. In general, the difficulty level in Domination is set in stone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »