Home

MyCareer should have sliders?

This is a discussion on MyCareer should have sliders? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #9
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyCareer should have sliders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
I hope so. But in myCareer thread...someone posted that after season 3 when you are in FA, you will not have any choice of which team you will play for. At least that should have a "script" saying that so and so teams are interested and then make your choice. Where is the script when its needed huh?
You have a 4 year contract which means you won't enter free agency until after your fourth season. As far as scripted outcomes, this doesnt seem to happen much in my season. I havent really come across any cheese, probably cuz Im playing on superstar sim.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6
Icon2 Re: MyCareer should have sliders?

I think Ronnie was drunk.

I have been asking for sliders in MyCareer since the day it was introduced, its the only sports game out there that doesn't give the user custom sliders for all modes. There are plenty of ways to allow it, heck I'd even settle for allowing sliders only in offline mode. We pay a lot of money each year for this game, yet have no customization options in their most popular and played mode. that is definitely very odd.

hopefully he is confused and patch #3 actually installs this features option he is talking about, that would begame changing to a sim head like me who wants realistic shooting percentages in mycareer. but I highly doubt it....
Old 12-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #11
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
I hope so. But in myCareer thread...someone posted that after season 3 when you are in FA, you will not have any choice of which team you will play for. At least that should have a "script" saying that so and so teams are interested and then make your choice. Where is the script when its needed huh?
Duke already covered it..

But rookie 1st round contracts are 2 years plus a 2 year team option. If the team picks up the option, you're not a free agent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #12
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
I think Ronnie was drunk.

I have been asking for sliders in MyCareer since the day it was introduced, its the only sports game out there that doesn't give the user custom sliders for all modes. There are plenty of ways to allow it, heck I'd even settle for allowing sliders only in offline mode. We pay a lot of money each year for this game, yet have no customization options in their most popular and played mode. that is definitely very odd.

hopefully he is confused and patch #3 actually installs this features option he is talking about, that would begame changing to a sim head like me who wants realistic shooting percentages in mycareer. but I highly doubt it....
I honestly think they're keeping sliders out, to protect the leaderboards, and easy VC farming/"cheese".

If users had the ability to lower all the CPU sliders in the mode, they'd be able to rack up the VC quickly, and I think Visual Concepts would rather that people pay for it.

The same logic applies to the leaderboards. Altered sliders could potentially mean inflated stats.

...which is silly.

Sim heads shouldn't have to suffer because the publisher & devs are afraid to upset the balance of the precious leaderboards..

EDIT:

I also think a part of the problem is that sim-heads kind of stay away from the mode because of the lack of gameplay customization, so the demand for sliders in the mode isn't high enough for it to promote change.

I honestly think there would have been customizable sliders in MyCareer years ago, if the demand for sliders outweighed & outnumbered the demand for things like 5v5 Crew.

Last edited by nuckles2k2; 12-18-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:28 PM   #13
Rookie

Then I think we should have the option to do a MyCareer that has sliders and not take him online. Maybe we would then just have to use something other than VC (skill points?? MyTeam Points?) for the offline player that you can customize the sliders for. But make it so that VC can translate to skill points, just not the other way around. 1 VC = 1 SP... SP cannot be redeemed for VC or maybe there's a penalty.

Just let us use sliders and custom rosters for MyPlayer and I would probably never stop playing. I don't play park mode anyway, so having no sliders just ties my hands. Hope this patch fixes some of the gameplay issues and adds this feature... but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:32 AM   #14
Rookie

Custom sliders would b amazing, I'm playing superstar sim and both teams still average over 60% from the field and over 50% from 3. I feel like I'm playing NBA Hangtime

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2013, 06:52 AM   #15
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDawg5
Custom sliders would b amazing, I'm playing superstar sim and both teams still average over 60% from the field and over 50% from 3. I feel like I'm playing NBA Hangtime

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
What team do you play for? I also play on superstar sim and I play for the 76ers. Our offense sucks obviously but our opponents never shoot a high percentage from the field since we have pretty good rim protection and have three guys capable of disrupting passing lanes and causing turnovers. Ive had games where we've held the Bulls to 33% shooting and the worst game Ive seen was probably around 58%
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »