Home

Tyreke Evans' 3pt Rating is 78, But He Is Shooting 9% from 3. Explain.

This is a discussion on Tyreke Evans' 3pt Rating is 78, But He Is Shooting 9% from 3. Explain. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Tyreke Evans' 3pt Rating is 78, But He Is Shooting 9% from 3. Explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon

In my Stephen A. Smith voice, "You are forbidden to talk about basketball for the rest of this week"

Anybody can make open, no pressure, in rhythm shots.

Numbers Never Lie and for you to show him hitting practice shots made your statement look more worser (incorrect grammar on purpose).

For his career just go off what he shot and stop trying to make excuses for what he can do in PRACTICE.
Ok you don't know basketball.

Fine screw practice Tyreke Evans has made 146 3's in his career ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTY SIX. He can clearly make the 3 ball because he has done it ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTY SIX TIMES. THAT SAID he has only shot 27% from 3pt in his career proving what? Proving that he doesn't shoot EFFICIENTLY not that he can't shoot. Numbers don't lie you said? Throughout my high school and college basketball career I made a total of 6 3s…only missed 1 so for my career I am an 86% 3pt shooter…so I'm better than Tyreke right? I deserve a 96 3pt rating in College Hoops 2K right? #CasualBasketballFanLogic
Old 12-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 3

Lmao, 9% means you can shoot.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:28 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseTheTruth
That statement? It doesn't. Those videos? They do. Watch them…if you have any doubts watch them again. He can ^Clearly hit the 3 ball. Unfortunately if you watch him play he takes a lot of crazy fadeaway 3 pt attempts. (Unfortunately half the people who complain about basketball clearly don't actually watch the game itself)

Also I don't like to repeat my self but I will because people seem to not be able to understand it the first time. Ratings DO NOT represent percentages they represent a players ABILITY. SO I really don't want to see that 26% statistic again in the thread because, SAY IT WITH ME NOW: Ratings DO NOT represent percentages they represent a players ABILITY.

It's irrelevant.

It's very relevant, actually. I would hope that an NBA player can hit wide open shots in practice.

And maybe ratings DO NOT represent percentages. Well, guess what? Percentages represent a players ABILITY.

Tyreke Evans is a 26% 3 point shooter in the NBA. Tyreke Evans shoots 26% because he has missed 397 of the 543 three pointers he has thrown at the rim.

Now. Repeat after me.

PERCENTAGES are INDICITIVE of a players ABILITY.

See, I can bold stuff too.

Pacers. Dolphins. Buckeyes.
Reds
Old 12-19-2013, 11:28 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
I'm sorry did this chart come from 2K? I didn't think so, the ratings do not represent percentages…
No it's actually simple math:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxj...it?usp=sharing

All Shot Location Ratings are taken from Shot Location %'s on Hoopdata.com

Old 12-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #21
Banned

We should really be arguing about Stephen Curry's three point rating if anything. He is rated way too low. I would rate him a 98 (99 being Reggie Miller). He is ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclem92
It's very relevant, actually. I would hope that an NBA player can hit wide open shots in practice.

And maybe ratings DO NOT represent percentages. Well, guess what? Percentages represent a players ABILITY.

Tyreke Evans is a 26% 3 point shooter in the NBA. Tyreke Evans shoots 26% because he has missed 397 of the 543 three pointers he has thrown at the rim.

Now. Repeat after me.

PERCENTAGES are INDICITIVE of a players ABILITY.

See, I can bold stuff too.
Quote:
No it's actually simple math:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxj...it?usp=sharing

All Shot Location Ratings are taken from Shot Location %'s on Hoopdata.com

Okehh Dwite Howerd Is shootin 33% from teh 3 point line givem a 76 Tyreke Evenz iz shooting 9% Givem the 25 rating. #OSLogic

I digress.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:36 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Ok you don't know basketball.

Fine screw practice Tyreke Evans has made 146 3's in his career ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTY SIX. He can clearly make the 3 ball because he has done it ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTY SIX TIMES. THAT SAID he has only shot 27% from 3pt in his career proving what? Proving that he doesn't shoot EFFICIENTLY not that he can't shoot. Numbers don't lie you said? Throughout my high school and college basketball career I made a total of 6 3s…only missed 1 so for my career I am an 86% 3pt shooter…so I'm better than Tyreke right? I deserve a 96 3pt rating in College Hoops 2K right? #CasualBasketballFanLogic

Why did I have to use stats against this guy.
speaking about basketball, we are talking about NBA and he is talking about high school.

That is correct you would have a 96 rating in a college and high school basketball game.

Derrick Williams shot 57% his last year in college but that didn't translate in the NBA. He only shot .268% his rookie year.

Aight you win, Evans can shoot 3's.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:38 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:

Why did I have to use stats against this guy.
speaking about basketball, we are talking about NBA and he is talking about high school.

That is correct you would be shooting 96% in a college and high school basketball game.

Derrick Williams shot 57% his last year in college but that didn't translate in the NBA. He only shot .268% his rookie year.

Keshunleon please don't tell me you ALSO think Derrick Williams can't shoot three's Keshunleon please don't tell me you watch THAT little basketball, please…

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »