Home

Executing SPECIFIC Dunks

This is a discussion on Executing SPECIFIC Dunks within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Executing SPECIFIC Dunks

With my signature skills, I dunk quite a lot during games. But I usually do my goto package when I'm on a fast break with no one around or tomohawks and the two step side clutch in traffic. I'll also do back scratch rim hangs a lot in traffic. However, sometimes a windmill is the best for the situation or I am able to do it and would like to execute it. Or my windmill reverse, but it's rarely executed by my player often when I don't want it so it gets blocked from behind me.

I was curious if there was a way to control which dunk is executed such as rotating the left stick to do one of my choice.

I'm using Sprite Posterizer and Highlight Reel as my signature skills.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Executing SPECIFIC Dunks

I think you're out of luck on this one.

With highlight reel equipped, I feel like you're always going to do the same dunk (wide open on the break anyways). For my guy, it's always an athletic 360 because that is the "flashiest" dunk package I have equipped.

The only other dunk you can go to "for sure" is whatever baseline reverse you have equipped. Which only triggers in a specific situation with specific stick inputs.

The rest of the time, it feels an awful lot to me like it's just random. I would say if you're tired of seeing certain dunks, remove those dunk packages.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbrock0
I think you're out of luck on this one.

With highlight reel equipped, I feel like you're always going to do the same dunk (wide open on the break anyways). For my guy, it's always an athletic 360 because that is the "flashiest" dunk package I have equipped.

The only other dunk you can go to "for sure" is whatever baseline reverse you have equipped. Which only triggers in a specific situation with specific stick inputs.

The rest of the time, it feels an awful lot to me like it's just random. I would say if you're tired of seeing certain dunks, remove those dunk packages.
Yeah, I customized my packages to do only dunks I want to see and while I am not saying I dislike the athletic 360, I would like to manually execute certain ones in traffic.

You said that it is done based on the situation. But you mention moving the left stick. Is there a left stick rotation that will enable me to do, let's say, a clutch reverse as opposed to a tomohawk when open but not on a fast break?
Old 12-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
Rookie

The only specific dunk you can trigger is the baseline reverse by holding turbo and right stick toward baseline. That's literally the only one and you have to be driving towards the hoop along the baseline to even get it to work, and even then you may do the reverse layup instead.

Don't think left stick input effects dunk animations at all.

Easiest way to find out is start a mygm, edit a player on your teams dunk packages, then go to freestyle practice (it's under coaching tab) and try it out
Old 12-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbrock0
The only specific dunk you can trigger is the baseline reverse by holding turbo and right stick toward baseline. That's literally the only one and you have to be driving towards the hoop along the baseline to even get it to work, and even then you may do the reverse layup instead.

Don't think left stick input effects dunk animations at all.

Easiest way to find out is start a mygm, edit a player on your teams dunk packages, then go to freestyle practice (it's under coaching tab) and try it out
Is there a way to freestyle practice with My Career player?

And thanks for that info kind sir.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
Rookie

No freestyle practice with myplayer, not even black top. Infuriating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »