Home

The Official Next Gen NBA 2K15:2K Bring The REAL Crew Mode

This is a discussion on The Official Next Gen NBA 2K15:2K Bring The REAL Crew Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #9
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Official Next Gen NBA 2K15:2K Bring The REAL Crew Mode

Fixed title " BRING BACK THE 4 YEAR OLD VERSION OF CREW"

2k isn't gonna go backwards. The premise of created player teams has ALWAYS been street ball in almost every bball game ever made but now guys want to crucify 2k for it lol

If it comes back be prepared to cry tears with server problems and VC rapeage

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay

Last edited by thedream2k13; 12-29-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #10
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Hackers ruined it and now we got VC.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Hackers ruined it and now we got VC.
Bro that was 4 years ago....VC and the devs putting the myplayer saves on the server side was supposed to eliminate the chance of hacking....But that only opened the door for threads to open on Operation Sports about community members complaining about VC being too expensive, or items to purchase with VC is too expensive to purchase. The Servers are still terrible and we are in
"The Next Generation" of gaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #12
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

If people didn't hack I can guarantee VC would not have been implemented.

I blame it on the community then 2k. People either hack or now buy their myplayers, while I grinded my Center to a 92 overall back in 2k11.

We rarely faced a legitimate crew so maybe VC was the only option they had. It wasn't too fun facing all 99's or 10 foot tall guys.

I loved crew but it had problems too.

They need to get creative and think of something else. As long as it has stat tracking, customization, and easy to access matches then I don't care.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:06 AM   #13
Banned

When it comes to online gaming, it seems every major game has some sort
of mode similar to crew mode (2k10/2k11 styled) where you and a couple of
your friends team up with your created players and go against other
created players. Dont get me wrong, the park was a decent idea, but as far
as competition goes, it pales in comparison to 2k11 crew mode.
Yes 2k11 had it's fair share of downfalls (hacked height myplayers, cyberfaced
my players, 99 overall centers who were just as fast as guards) but it also was the best
Competition in sports gaming. As displayed by the majority of online players
in the OS community, I being one of them, it's a clear indication that we want that
mode back.

Next Gen is supposed to be where possibilities are endless for game developers.
There were talks and discussions about severe limitations in disc space that wouldn't
allow certain game modes or features to be utilized to their full potential. There were
talks of NG allowing devs to take advantage of NG tech to immerse gamers in
games like never before. We were told from 2k devs that servers were being upgraded
and that come next generation we would be in store for better gaming experiences.
Well NG is here my friends and maybe because it just arrived 2ksports hasn't had the time
to take advantage of the technology at their disposal, but all I ask of our community is
to demand more out of your product that you invest in every year.

Crew mode, the association, online association, MyGm, MyTeam and The Park Mode
Should all be given the details and attention they deserve. Upgrade each mode and fix
what needs to be fixed. Just dont allow 2k to release watered down or broken/unfinished
versions of modes we've become accustomed to playing.

Last year we had LD2K on our corner fighting for us to get crew mode back.
I'M hoping that SteveOS & LD2K see this alongside the rest of the
Operation Sports online Community and fight To have NBA 2K11 crew mode back in the next
Installment of 2k15. Please fix the servers, the ability to save your online settings,
the ability to save your online playbooks, the ability to set your defensive settings online
and upgrade and fix all the other online modes so that they work straight out of the box.

If any of you feel the same way and want crew mode back, please
share your thoughts on this matter and lets get the ball rolling early this year.

MrLeaderboards.

Last edited by Mrleaderboards; 01-01-2014 at 08:10 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:32 AM   #14
All Star

Sinner's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King
It's not that I don't care, because I do. Crew mode used to be awesome. But it's hard to get motivated to pump up something like this when basic modes such as MyGM and MyCareer are COMPLETELY unplayable. I literally get sent back to the menu when I even attempt to join. How is this at all acceptable?
Was going to say I hope guys get what they want as far as the old Crew mode but there are much more important things 2k need to worry about first VC implementation and server functionality being #1 and #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
If people didn't hack I can guarantee VC would not have been implemented.

I blame it on the community then 2k. People either hack or now buy their myplayers, while I grinded my Center to a 92 overall back in 2k11.

We rarely faced a legitimate crew so maybe VC was the only option they had. It wasn't too fun facing all 99's or 10 foot tall guys.

I loved crew but it had problems too.

They need to get creative and think of something else. As long as it has stat tracking, customization, and easy to access matches then I don't care.
I blame the people buying it, if people weren't buying it up showing 2k they could make a nice profit they wouldn't have implemented the way they have. If people hacked, they added VC and sales of the game went down and they didn't make much profit off VC they would have dealt with the hacking and not had VC take over the game like it has. IMO

Last edited by Sinner; 01-01-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:24 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Crew mode with the new stat caps would make it even more fair too. No centers with 99 speed and 3pt shooting. You'd have to actually play as a team and that'd be the best part. Old crew mode was my favorite thing ever

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 11:22 AM   #16
Banned

Another patch is in the works to fix MyGm mode and the glitch that kicks you back to the main screen. Is there an ETA for when th is patch is going to be released?
After these problems have been addressed, I feel that the focus on 2ksports should be
on all online aspects.

1.Servers capable of handling and successfully enabling users to play and enjoy
all of 2Ksports onkine modes.

2.Online game modes need to work from day one. I totally understand the time process it
takes to develop and test these games. Still, there shouldnt be a reason why we as gamers
have to wait til the end of january for patches to be released so we can play
certain game modes. Thats just unfair. We make day one purchases and sit here and cant
even enjoy the game til rhe following year. Thats unprofessional & inexcusable. Get it together 2K! !#remember2k10CrewMode??#

3.Bring back crew mode from 2k10/2K11. Not crews mode...but regular old crew mode.
I dont need to go into the specifics, but just bring this back..and dont involve vc with this
mode at all.

4.Playbooks and online settings. Allow us to finally be able to adjust our pkaybooks and have the ability to save our online settings. I was disappointed at 2K for taking off the
defensive wert ngs that we've gotten used to. Also allow us to save our playbooks. Its so much easier than just choosing from one playbook.

5.Bring back practice mode with playbooks. Whats the point of taking away this feature?
Im still losy as to why this was removed. Just fix it and bring it back.

6.Lobbies. Pro..all-star & @Hall of fame. Period.

7. Leaderboards are a necessity. Bring back the online community likenyou had back on
2K sports.com. That was so cool to be able to see your stats and the top ranked people in the world in every mode.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »