Home

Input lag in Online games is now supermegaultra INTENSE, horribly

This is a discussion on Input lag in Online games is now supermegaultra INTENSE, horribly within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Input lag in Online games is now supermegaultra INTENSE, horribly

I played one yesterday and even recorded the lag because my friend didn't believe me and was in Awe. It is ridiculous.

(Galaxy S4)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #42
Pro

RayZLAL's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslimm
I played one yesterday and even recorded the lag because my friend didn't believe me and was in Awe. It is ridiculous.

(Galaxy S4)

What console?
Old 12-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZLAL
What console?
Xbox one

(Galaxy S4)
Old 12-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #44
Pro

RayZLAL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslimm
Xbox one

(Galaxy S4)

Yes Xbox 1 had been having more issues with the game. Hopefully 2K fixes it
Old 12-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #45
Rookie

I played few games yesterday (PS4), and the lag is still HORRIBLE. The buttoms responsiveness are quite delayed, I mean, unacceptable.

I don't understand: New generation, more capacity, more technology at hand in year 2013-2014, cutting edge processors, new 2k version, more internet capacity and faster loading time for internet provider when compared with older games 2k7, 2k8.

So, we have almost all variables in our favor to get a silky smooth online experience, and now you face this rude awakening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #46
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

You all don't understand - it's inconsistent. It's on a per opponent basis. Fact of the matter is we shouldn't be experiencing such horrible input lag just because our opponent has such a terrible connection - if that's how it's gonna be at least let us search for the best available connection, or include a connection quality meter in team select.

All of the reports of "oh it's still playing like crap, and oh it's so much better all of a sudden," don't help, matter of fact they throw the developers a loop and make them think the issue is resolved when it most definitely is not.

PS4 AND Xbox One both suffer from this issue - I know because my buddy has the XBone and I game nightly on the PS4. This issue needs to be resolved - it ruins the game for us online players that love competition - absolutely kills it for us.

Fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo.13
Me too, to play online game (ranked) is playable now but Team Up is unplayable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesha2000
Yeah I played a few yesterday and the games were fluid.
Quote:
I just played some online ranked games and it was fluid, didn't lag (PS4)
Quote:
Yes Xbox 1 had been having more issues with the game. Hopefully 2K fixes it
Old 12-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #47
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

These conversations really need to stop pointing fingers at Sony/Microsoft and realize that it's 2K's game and they host the servers.

I never shoot with the stick (2K14 stick system is garbage) so I don't have a problem with shooting. However I've stopped playing on-ball defense in most situations simply because the lag is too big to react quickly enough a lot of the time. Especially stopping the opponent from running down the court after inbounding is extremely tricky when playing on-ball (AI seems to have some issues with this too). If the opponent is isolating or using a pick I'm always choosing a big man to cover rather than challenge with the on-ball defender. Never had a problem with this on 360/PS3.

The lag varies a lot from opponent to opponent. More than in last gen in my opinion.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:14 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 6

This game probably pisses me off and makes me cuzz more than any other games ONLINE. Timing is everything and this game is ridiculous slow. Even in bounding the ball takes forever. When someone scored and you try to inbound the ball quickly, guess what...can't do it!! You had to wait for the animations of the player getting the ball and turn around before you can inbound loll....ridiculous. Even switching to a different player in the game is slow...that's how laggy it is. On ball defense...forget it man. Timing the released of your shot? Good luck with that. No wonder everybody seem to keep missing shots online. If you think this game utilize your skills as a gamer? Forget it. You're going to blame the game for failed animations lag most of the time before blaming yourself.

The most pissed off thing i ever seen in the game: When you have a transition break and your teammate is running along and you want to pass a bounce pass ...it ended up turnover because somehow ....someway, the ball didn't connect. Oh really?? Get real. There is absolutely no pressure. Whatever. And this is not just one occasion....many many many times i seen this that just trigger randomly.

In online, when someone is open and you pass the ball, nope....too late. By the time you decide to pass the ball, the defender had already recovered and did you know how much time had lost since you press that pass button due to lag online?? Enough time for the defender to recovered to intercept your pass. Any way, i don't want to keep ranting....but it seems like this game is like a last minute thrown in mode because there is just so many things that go wrong. Even the substitution is slow. If after a 1st qrt and you want to open that little menu so you can sub in the player you want...guess what?? Gotta do quickly (like 3secs) because the menu will go away. So basically the fastest you can sub in the player you want is a single player. So if you try to sub in more than 1 player, nope can't do it. Gotta reopen the menu again....thanks a lot!! By that time, the 2nd quarter had already start the players would not be able to get on the court.

Message to 2K: Next time, please devote more time and resource toward online mode. Appreciated a lot...I want my $60 to be worth it.

Last edited by reptilexcq; 12-25-2013 at 08:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »