Home

Interesting... Have you guys experienced this?

This is a discussion on Interesting... Have you guys experienced this? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2013, 04:23 AM   #1
Rookie

Escobeats's Arena

OVR: 0
Question Interesting... Have you guys experienced this?

Is it just me but throughout the spending time on 2K14 next-gen I noticed opposition CPU defenders react soooooooooo fast. It's almost like they're fixed into a pre-anticipated animation from the moment you try to attack the paint.

One in which this case happened to me was when I was used the Bulls against the Jazz. Hinrich was bringing the ball up the court, surveying the floor I noticed the achers of space and pretty much an open lane with Favors defending Butler on the wing. I quickly made the pass to Butler and here was me thinking Favors would be beat for all money judging from his positioning on the floor trying to deny the pass from Hinrich which left miles of space on the baseline and the direction his feet were planted, as soon as I made my dash for the bucket to my suprise Favous would slide about 4 - 5 meters from his previous position in about 0.25 of a second to then cut me off dead in-line with the rim which stopped any penetration that I previously had. Favors isn't 'FASTEST' in the league but for any player especially Favors to move that quickly over so much distance left me rolling with tears in my eyes at how unhumanlike this was, definitly one of those moments where I was like 'REALLY THO?'.

It's little things like these which really standout in the game because the game is so darn photorealistic and beautiful. This had me wondering and part of the reasoning why I'm making this thread.

How many of you guys have exeperienced events similar to this or moments which have left you shaking your head?

Champions:
, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Interesting... Have you guys experienced this?

this has been in the game for years. i think its just more noticeable now because like you said it looks more photorealistic. so those issues become much more recognizable.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Interesting... Have you guys experienced this?

I notice this stuff all the time...the CPU shooting %'s are also insane...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »