Home

What are you doing to combat the online input lag?

This is a discussion on What are you doing to combat the online input lag? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: What are you doing to combat the online input lag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Steezyy
Are you guys exaggerating the input lag or is it really that bad for some of you guys? I play a lot of online games and I have no problem playing on ball defense. I can tell there is a very slight input lag but it is the same as 2k13 and 2k14 current-gen.
For me it feels like it's at least a half second at it's worst.

I also have time periods where the game freezes for 1-2 seconds and then "fast-forwards" through whatever happened in that period.

Sometimes when I go to shoot a jump shot, a player who's shot I have down pat in offline games will just release the ball immediately and I'll get a "very late". It happens in probably 20% of jump shots with certain players.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #10
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Steezyy
Are you guys exaggerating the input lag or is it really that bad for some of you guys? I play a lot of online games and I have no problem playing on ball defense. I can tell there is a very slight input lag but it is the same as 2k13 and 2k14 current-gen.

It's real. The lag is consistent from match to match. I've never noticed input lag on last gen. There was internet lag here and there. But input lag is a different animal.

If you haven't experienced it, I'm glad for you. With all the 2K complaints so far, this is my first game breaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

Old 12-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes I was undefeated in next gen 2k and I played a game and the input lag struck me so bad that I had to quit the game because I couldn't shoot properly and I was running out of bounds. The person I was playing probably thought I was a little kid or something. I was pissed to quit that game. I get the lag every now and again since then

(Galaxy S4)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2013, 11:28 PM   #12
Rookie

Online input lag after Patch #3 is out of control and 2k shall fix it before losing thousand of customers. The Online experience is unplayable.
There is no excuse when compared with highly loaded online games like COD Ghost where thousand of players play at the same time.
Ive not seen any lag thread in any COD Ghost forum (and such game has 3x more players than 2k14 Next-Gen)

Lag is a huge game breaker!!!!

if this thread is about how to counter the lag, my response is: none. I'll wait two or three weeks to hear a good news from 2ksports. If not... bye bye 2K14, i'll trade in it.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:54 PM   #13
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
For me it feels like it's at least a half second at it's worst.

I also have time periods where the game freezes for 1-2 seconds and then "fast-forwards" through whatever happened in that period.

Sometimes when I go to shoot a jump shot, a player who's shot I have down pat in offline games will just release the ball immediately and I'll get a "very late". It happens in probably 20% of jump shots with certain players.
I've had all of that happen as well. The very late glitch happens with Wesley Matthews more than anyone else.

The fast forwarding, and game hitching thing happens when players jerseys start twitching in game so look for that next time.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:03 AM   #14
Rookie

Pre patch:

the park was somewhat playable for me

quick games/my team games were horrendous unplayable, no way to score/defend

Post patch:

the park is mostly smooth with a couple of bad games lagging a lot

quick games/my team games are now playable, there is lag present but i can time my jumpshots perfectly and run plays somewhat effectively

im a user from sydney AU, and even though it was only one session, so far it seems like the patch helped smoothed out the online experience for me

hmm, so did the patch help/worsen the input lag? for me it helped, to a couple of others who posted here on OS it actually made it worse so...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »