Home

Help with manual substitutions?

This is a discussion on Help with manual substitutions? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

OVR: 0
Help with manual substitutions?

Until recently, I've been using auto substitutions, but I'm getting annoyed with the CPU subbing out my sole "hot" player, or subbing out my star too frequently, or letting big men get too tired. But I'm struggling with manual subs. A couple questions:

1. The most convenient way to manually sub is obviously with timeouts, but those are a limited resource. When is the best time to do a quick-sub? During freethrows? After an opponent field goal?

2. The quick-sub menu doesn't tell you how tired everyone is. Is there a way to get this info without taking a timeout?

3. When quick-subbing or during timeouts, is there a quick way to see who's played how many minutes?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #2
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Help with manual substitutions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrySTruman
Until recently, I've been using auto substitutions, but I'm getting annoyed with the CPU subbing out my sole "hot" player, or subbing out my star too frequently, or letting big men get too tired. But I'm struggling with manual subs. A couple questions:

1. The most convenient way to manually sub is obviously with timeouts, but those are a limited resource. When is the best time to do a quick-sub? During freethrows? After an opponent field goal?

2. The quick-sub menu doesn't tell you how tired everyone is. Is there a way to get this info without taking a timeout?

3. When quick-subbing or during timeouts, is there a quick way to see who's played how many minutes?

Thanks.
Another broke feature, it's difficult to regulate when it's not set to automatic. 2k has it set up so you play there game not urs.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

1 You need to think ahead, so you get your players in at the next deadball. Best time is to sub during freethrows or when coming back on defense.
Takes a bit to get used but after a while it's easy and natural.

2 You can see how much energy your player has left on the circle beneath players. Also, really tired players will get a gatorade icon beneath them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 12-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #4
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Another broke feature, it's difficult to regulate when it's not set to automatic. 2k has it set up so you play there game not urs.
Your post isn't helpful or on topic. Manual subs work fine. Only problem is you can't see how tired the players are on the quick sub menu, but it's nothing terrible.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Your post isn't helpful or on topic. Manual subs work fine. Only problem is you can't see how tired the players are on the quick sub menu, but it's nothing terrible.

Wasn't meant to be helpful, it's the truth and I'm not trying to be negative but it's another issue, they sub out a player who's hot and they sub out 4 and sometimes 5 players at one time when that never happens unless it's a blowout in the fourth quarter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks for the replies. So if the player circle turns partly red, that indicates fatigue? Or is it just the absence of green that indicates fatigue?

I'll try subbing while getting back on defense. There's usually a few seconds of time then.

Yeah, it's the "auto-sub out hot player" that bugs me most. You can address it by immediately asking him to sub back in, but there can be a delay, and I'm not sure the hotness persists.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Wasn't meant to be helpful, it's the truth and I'm not trying to be negative but it's another issue, they sub out a player who's hot and they sub out 4 and sometimes 5 players at one time when that never happens unless it's a blowout in the fourth quarter.
We're not talking about auto subs, we're talking about manual subs, so stay on topic. Otherwise post in the bugs thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »