Home

Who gives a crap about injuries?

This is a discussion on Who gives a crap about injuries? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you happy with the current injury system?
Yes if the player is injured he shouldn't be useable in any game mode. Even quick match. 5 12.82%
No, Only players out for the entire season should be unusable 2 5.13%
No, injuries should only effect MyGM and Online matches, not play now and NBA Today. 23 58.97%
Remove the injuries altogether, it they happen in game it happens, I don't care about the real NBA 9 23.08%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #9
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Who gives a crap about injuries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Same crying every year smh. Injuries are apart of the game like headbands and shoes. Players should be available BUT have their overalls dropped to 50 so they are scrubs. That should fix the " I want to play with ....." Crying . You get the injured version of the player so you can cry about how he isn't effective BECAUSE HE'S INJURED
I kinda like playing current rosters online and in NBA today however the rosters are poor so roster editors should have full uninjured rosters to edit like they have on the PC version.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Same crying every year smh. Injuries are apart of the game like headbands and shoes. Players should be available BUT have their overalls dropped to 50 so they are scrubs. That should fix the " I want to play with ....." Crying . You get the injured version of the player so you can cry about how he isn't effective BECAUSE HE'S INJURED
That is stupid, if you start a new season or myGM or even myPlayer, you should start with full non-injuried rosters, after all its a video game. The second you start a myGM or season mode, its not going to be like the real NBA season, so the injuries shouldn't be the same as the real NBA.

It should be like it has always been. Just give an option to have injuries on or off.

If you are playing as the celitcs you should be able to use Rondo, if using the Lakers you should be able to use Kobe.

Where is the fun in a video game not being able to use a star player of your favorite team?
Old 12-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think we need a option to play with injured players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #12
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre
That is stupid, if you start a new season or myGM or even myPlayer, you should start with full non-injuried rosters, after all its a video game. The second you start a myGM or season mode, its not going to be like the real NBA season, so the injuries shouldn't be the same as the real NBA.

It should be like it has always been. Just give an option to have injuries on or off.

If you are playing as the celitcs you should be able to use Rondo, if using the Lakers you should be able to use Kobe.

Where is the fun in a video game not being able to use a star player of your favorite team?
Kobe and rondo will be useable but lowered ratings indicating injury. Or use default rosters. Has anyone noticed that you are given option to play with default rosters in offline quick matches ?

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 12-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

real life injuries shouldn't effect the game at all. This game is 60 bucks you should be able to play with whoever you want.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobestopper
real life injuries shouldn't effect the game at all. This game is 60 bucks you should be able to play with whoever you want.
I agree, the game shouldn't have realistic rosters either, you should be able to build teams from scratch, I paid $60 whole dollars for this game, its mine, I should be able to do anything I want!

/sarcasm
Old 12-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Kobe and rondo will be useable but lowered ratings indicating injury. Or use default rosters. Has anyone noticed that you are given option to play with default rosters in offline quick matches ?
Sure but you have to manually make all the trades that happened over the year. And I have not gotten this game yet for this reason and a few others like the VC fiasco. They need a roster DL option like MLB the show has.

its hurting no one to have both options. use current injuries or not.

If you want to have it so the ranked online games uses real injury rosters that is fine, but don't make the people like me and others who play offline and want to use current rosters without injuries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #16
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

I think they should make each team have 15 spots. The first 12 for active players and last three for injury/inactive players. Put those players injured on that list, give us the option to play with them or keep them on injured list. If you take the person off the list, they lose the injury. Live has a option similiar to this, I would like to see 2k add this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »