Home

Post patch game play

This is a discussion on Post patch game play within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Post patch game play

I finally caved and downloaded the patches. I was enjoying the game tremendously prior to the patches, as I disliked how defense was after the second patch.

Now, for me at least, I find players to be able to do whatever they want. I can do anything with minimal effort. The cpu is unbelievable. Also, I find defense to be next to useless. My guys slip and slide, but rarely stick to their man. In fact, I find all player movement a lot more loose.

I have sliders heavily tuned. Extremes in some instances. Yet, minimal effects.

Am I alone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Post patch game play

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
I finally caved and downloaded the patches. I was enjoying the game tremendously prior to the patches, as I disliked how defense was after the second patch.

Now, for me at least, I find players to be able to do whatever they want. I can do anything with minimal effort. The cpu is unbelievable. Also, I find defense to be next to useless. My guys slip and slide, but rarely stick to their man. In fact, I find all player movement a lot more loose.

I have sliders heavily tuned. Extremes in some instances. Yet, minimal effects.

Am I alone?
The only thing that bothers me during a game post patch 3 is the ball. It seems more warpy now as it flutters all around and is not fluid like it was prior to the 3rd patch.

Can you describe what you mean by loose? Also, HOF difficulty has always had impeccable CPU. I can win, but it's not fun for me since contesting shots is futile as it seems they can hit anything so I play on Superstar. However, I might play HOF anyway since my team is 40-6. We definitely win too much and I'm not on an amazing team (Timberwolves).
Old 12-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #3
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
The only thing that bothers me during a game post patch 3 is the ball. It seems more warpy now as it flutters all around and is not fluid like it was prior to the 3rd patch.

Can you describe what you mean by loose? Also, HOF difficulty has always had impeccable CPU. I can win, but it's not fun for me since contesting shots is futile as it seems they can hit anything so I play on Superstar. However, I might play HOF anyway since my team is 40-6. We definitely win too much and I'm not on an amazing team (Timberwolves).
Well, prior to the patch if I started a game mode and used the default rosters, then quit that game and loaded custom rosters, the player movement was absolutely amazing. Footplanting seemed legit and players seemed weighted. Cuts and changes of speed and direction were noticeable but not so profoundly exaggerated.

Now it seems I'm on roller skates. Especially on defense. If I go to just move a foot or 2 in a direction, sometimes my player feels like he's in cement, but once he does actually move he slips and over extends. I can't stay near who I'm defending though.

It's difficult to explain as it's a feel, but it changes gameplay dramatically.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

The rebounding is much better. I'm just missing defensive settings. If I use the POE that defends the perimeter I'll have guys hugged up on nonshooters hedging on pick and rolls when they shouldnt getting beat back door by guys that they should never play behind.

If I use the nothing inside POE then its all up to the opposing team to play stupid. If they play smart its three point city. Some teams like the Spurs will still play dumb and attack the paint but smart teams like the Kings will lite you up from three.

So far those are my only issues. The rest of the game is much better.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Patch sticky guys

Galaxy Note 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #6
yellow

23's Arena

Decided I'll reopen this because the sticky is nothing more than a my career thread and it's awful.

What mode are you guys playing on?

All star superstar pro hof ?

Galaxy Note 2
Old 12-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Is there anyway to delete the patch without deleting nba today?
Old 12-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #8
yellow

23's Arena

Doubt it man

Galaxy Note 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »