Home

2K's Response to My VC Complaint

This is a discussion on 2K's Response to My VC Complaint within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #9

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: 2K's Response to My VC Complaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsimons
I don't know why people are complaining so much about VC. Given, I've only played MyCAREER, but after 1 full season of playing, taking advantage of the 2k14 App, and looking out for Locker Codes... My player is an 87 overall.

Play the game, and if you don't have time to invest in the game, you have the option to make it easier and purchase VC. Don't see any significant problems with that.

Now if only the servers were consistent...
The current VC economy in game forces you into playing one mode only. You don't earn enough in game to actually enjoy all modes. Doesn't matter how much VC you can earn on twitter, Facebook, or some app. You should be able to earn enough VC in game to enjoy all modes or just restrict it to one maybe 2 modes.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:07 PM   #10
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
The current VC economy in game forces you into playing one mode only. You don't earn enough in game to actually enjoy all modes. Doesn't matter how much VC you can earn on twitter, Facebook, or some app. You should be able to earn enough VC in game to enjoy all modes or just restrict it to one maybe 2 modes.
100% valid point. Yes you can play the game but you're restricted in how far you can advance or take advance of the benefits that require VC. You are forced into using this game as a VC farming system until you've sufficiently unlocked enough of the game to make it playable in multiple modes.

The response means nothing, to be expected.

This old and antiquated way of marketing and putting out fires is going to cost 2K a huge market share if EA makes a solid leap. Greed has them putting the cart before the horse and they just seem oblivious to how much they're truly harming their brand.

My guess is that they're certain it isn't the VC but the bugs and glitches and I'd bet good money they've convinced themselves that if they can put out a much more polished game that they'll clean up on the money VC will generate and all will go back to normal.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #11
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm not sure what the complaint is. The 2k guy is right. You aren't required to pay any extra money for VC to play anything.

Sure, VC is essential to playing the game, but you don't have to pay anything for it if you don't want to. However, the price of some of the stuff is a tad too high.

On a side note, I think the term "hard earned money" has run it's course. 85% of the people who use it don't work hard at all. Most of the time, the people who use it sit at a desk all day looking at a computer. That's not "hard work". You're not laying the railroad or manually lifting coal from a mine using a wheelbarrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 4

VC or any other virtual currency should NOT be in any game FULL STOP!!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

I shouldn't have to use social network sites to obsessively and tediously farm coins to play a full-retail home console basketball-simulation game.

It's ridiculous and reading the responses in this thread proves that. The responses literally are describing a free-to-play model...and more so a casual mobile f2p "game".
If that's what NBA2K has become, and if that's the market 2K is going for screw them. They won't get my hard earned money, my Christmas money, my fiance's money, my can't believe they paid me for this money....NADA.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 1

I hope everyone that is complaining refuses to buy the game next year. The only way 2k is going to make changes if sales drop. I also hope NBA Live gets there act together so we have another option to choose from.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETURNOFTHEKING
I hope everyone that is complaining refuses to buy the game next year. The only way 2k is going to make changes if sales drop. I also hope NBA Live gets there act together so we have another option to choose from.
I know I personally have no plans on buying it unless they address the online-only aspect and the VC economy. But yeah, I too hope live gets it together so 2k stops taking their customers for granted.

MyGM is essentially pay to win now. You need to rack up like 50,000 VC prior to even touching the mode if you want a full-fledged GM experience without playing every game yourself because there are so many things to buy. Attributes, abilities, facilities ect...

It's just like another poster said; it's eerily similar to a free-to play model except for one little detail: Its NOT free to play. Many of us pay $60 to play this game on launch, and we expect a full-fledged game without having to spend more. The people making the business decisions at 2k are greedy.

Last edited by MrBigShot1; 12-27-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I'm not sure what the complaint is. The 2k guy is right. You aren't required to pay any extra money for VC to play anything.

Sure, VC is essential to playing the game, but you don't have to pay anything for it if you don't want to. However, the price of some of the stuff is a tad too high.

On a side note, I think the term "hard earned money" has run it's course. 85% of the people who use it don't work hard at all. Most of the time, the people who use it sit at a desk all day looking at a computer. That's not "hard work". You're not laying the railroad or manually lifting coal from a mine using a wheelbarrow.

You shouldn't have to get VC to unlock simple things in GM mode like changing line ups or stupid things like that.

VC should only be for cosmetic BS that you don't need to obtain to play the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »