Home

Boycott VC- Don't buy it.

This is a discussion on Boycott VC- Don't buy it. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
With all due respect- you don't have the right to tell anyone what they can say. Period. Sorry if I t offends your sensibilities.

No. Always-on is and will ALWAYS BE a problem no matter how good your servers are. No matter what. VC is not an integral part of ANY gaming, and will NEVER BE. Just because you like to be slapped around by corporate shills doesn't mean everyone else has to bend over as well.

I hope this generation of consoles fails miserably and dies off if the 1st parties continue with their microtransactions bull****. PC games don't have this **** and they're already look better than this "next-gen". We can only hope that VR is the thing that makes the popularity of PC beyond what consoles are.
I am not telling people what to say - I said we can't tell people what to do. There is a difference. Nice try - but not really.

And read my stuff again if you think I like micro transactions. I don't say that or even imply it. I just don't share the anger towards people who don't have the same point of view.

...and sorry homie but VC are already integral to gaming. And not going anywhere. Don't take my word for it..just look around at all the next gen games and read the article I posted.

Last edited by Glenn33; 12-29-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:52 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Boycott VC- Don't buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
I am not telling people what to say - I said we can't tell people what to do. There is a difference. Nice try - but not really.

And read my stuff again if you think I like micro transactions. I don't say that or even imply it. I just don't share the anger towards people who don't have the same point of view.

...and sorry homie but VC are already integral to gaming. And not going anywhere. Don't take my word for it..just look around at all the next gen games and read the article I posted.

You are right, VC is integral. Integral to ruining NBA 2k.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:03 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

I love VC. I hope they never get rid of it. It seperates the haves from the have nots. F*ck grinding for VC. If you got the money then spend it however the hell you want to.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:06 PM   #60
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchwork
I love VC. I hope they never get rid of it. It seperates the haves from the have nots. F*ck grinding for VC. If you got the money then spend it however the hell you want to.

If you buy VC, you are an idiot and you ruining the game.

The fact many of us still cant play usually offline modes is a result of VC.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:31 PM   #61
Pro

I have no problem with the existence of VC, I have tons of problems with the ridiculously inflated prices for accessories and how it results in design decisions like mandatory server authentication.

If it was truly an option for those who wanted to take a shortcut I'd be okay with it. But it is objectively making the game worse and more grind-like (AKA less fun) for those who don't want to spend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2014, 08:26 PM   #62
Just started!

I get it nobody wants to pay extra after they bought the game. But I honestly would pay more if it was worth it. It is just up to 2k to make it worth it.

I think the answer to this is to create a very stable online mode. I am hoping for an association mixed with the league. I want the option to play with multiple real life users and no cpu teams or some cpu teams. From there I would like to be rewarded from playing but more so for winning. I want online to play much closer to offline with tons of customization maybe highlights a better more user friendly trade system. I think a good online experience is what they need to focus on.

Maybe using VC to work towards improvement of players through drills. Or Using VC to "rehab" injured players so they come back quicker. Or VC to post trash talk videos or whatever. VC shouldn't be used to get an edge but it should be part of the puzzle to users to get an edge or develop players.

Just spitballing. I mean I love the game and I want them to make money. This is just what I'd pay for. What would you pay for?
Old 03-10-2014, 08:21 AM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadzier
I have no problem with the existence of VC, I have tons of problems with the ridiculously inflated prices for accessories and how it results in design decisions like mandatory server authentication.

If it was truly an option for those who wanted to take a shortcut I'd be okay with it. But it is objectively making the game worse and more grind-like (AKA less fun) for those who don't want to spend.

How does not buying accessories make your game worse? I have never purchased Vc and have played over a hundred games of 2k and have had no issue. If you can't afford to purchase a certain accessory, I'm sure that you can get a comparable one for less.

And btw, this isn't Barbie, you really shouldn't be complaining about this.

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

Last edited by RED BULL; 03-10-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:31 PM   #64
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED BULL
How does not buying accessories make your game worse? I have never purchased Vc and have played over a hundred games of 2k and have had no issue. If you can't afford to purchase a certain accessory, I'm sure that you can get a comparable one for less.

And btw, this isn't Barbie, you really shouldn't be complaining about this.

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk
sorry but some people actually care a lot about player style and clothing and such, that's a huge part of basketball IRL too. In previous games we could switch up our accessories at will, it made it a much more realistic and engaging player experience IMO, and having basic stuff locked behind a VC wall seriously hampers that experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »