Home

Who at 2k thought it would be smart to have online DRM?

This is a discussion on Who at 2k thought it would be smart to have online DRM? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2013, 11:32 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Who at 2k thought it would be smart to have online DRM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre
They also didn't patch it into the game until after it was reviewed, so it would get high reviews. If the reviewers had to deal with all the stuff everyone is now it would have gotten 6.0s
This! ^^^^

To me this was the most decieving part of it all in my opinion. Not only did this trick a lot of people "purposely" to hide their shanagains but it has ruined a LOT of people's gaming experience with this game that do not have internet connections.

2k developers...Believe it or not..there are A LOT of people..especially those in the lower-class sector ..that do not have a internet connection at home. I know of at least 5 different people that live on the west side of my town which is the lower-income side of town...these guys cannot even play this new game. You may think because they cannot afford internet connection..how can they afford a PS4 or X1? Well believe it or not..there are people that cannot afford a monthly internet bill but can afford a next gen system for xmas..even if it means having to scrap up the funds to purchase a new console and a game or two. Like i said..if i personally know of 5 people that cannot play most of NBA2k14's modes because they cannot afford a broadband internet connection...it makes me wonder how many peeps out there are in this same situation.

SHAME ON YOU 2K SPORTS!!! SHAME ON YOU!!! THIS IS A DISGRACE TO THE GAMING SCENE!!

MORE POSTS FROM NEOGAF ABOUT NBA2k14's ONLINE DRM!! HERE>> http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=741802
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2013, 11:52 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
This! ^^^^

To me this was the most decieving part of it all in my opinion. Not only did this trick a lot of people "purposely" to hide their shanagains but it has ruined a LOT of people's gaming experience with this game that do not have internet connections.

2k developers...Believe it or not..there are A LOT of people..especially those in the lower-class sector ..that do not have a internet connection at home. I know of at least 5 different people that live on the west side of my town which is the lower-income side of town...these guys cannot even play this new game. You may think because they cannot afford internet connection..how can they afford a PS4 or X1? Well believe it or not..there are people that cannot afford a monthly internet bill but can afford a next gen system for xmas..even if it means having to scrap up the funds to purchase a new console and a game or two. Like i said..if i personally know of 5 people that cannot play most of NBA2k14's modes because they cannot afford a broadband internet connection...it makes me wonder how many peeps out there are in this same situation.

SHAME ON YOU 2K SPORTS!!! SHAME ON YOU!!! THIS IS A DISGRACE TO THE GAMING SCENE!!

MORE POSTS FROM NEOGAF ABOUT NBA2k14's ONLINE DRM!! HERE>> http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=741802
2K should just unpatch the DRM and VC crap that was added after the fact.
let everyone play the game that the reviewers praised. It should be a simple fix.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:56 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 1

2k simply got ahead of themselves. They thought, "Wow Next-Gen! Let's try something crazy!"

They simply didn't do enough testing.

The question now is if they have learned their lesson from today.

It is unacceptable to have your game be completely unplayable for an entire day.

I don't know how they plan to make it up to us consumers, but they better have something in store.

AND I DON'T WANT VC!
Old 12-29-2013, 12:00 AM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
2k simply got ahead of themselves. They thought, "Wow Next-Gen! Let's try something crazy!"

They simply didn't do enough testing.

The question now is if they have learned their lesson from today.

It is unacceptable to have your game be completely unplayable for an entire day.

I don't know how they plan to make it up to us consumers, but they better have something in store.

AND I DON'T WANT VC!
all they can do is unpatch the DRM, anything short of that won't be enough.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:00 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
Nobody cares about a few hardcore sports gamers.
The game is 4th best selling game on Next-gen consoles. I think some people care.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:02 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre
all they can do is unpatch the DRM, anything short of that won't be enough.
They better.

I like the VC for the myGM (it gives it a great RPG feel). But they should give you more for MyCareer.

And they shouldn't make it so obvious that it is just an attempt to get people to buy it instead of just simply wanting to add an element to the game.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:06 AM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
They better.

I like the VC for the myGM (it gives it a great RPG feel). But they should give you more for MyCareer.

And they shouldn't make it so obvious that it is just an attempt to get people to buy it instead of just simply wanting to add an element to the game.
Well VC is fine for my player but it was better when it was skill points. What I mean by VC is the VC that forces you to be online to use them.

Just give people the option to play my player offline and use the old skill points.

And just take those points out of GM mode all together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2013, 12:40 AM   #32
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
Nobody cares about a few hardcore sports gamers.
A few hardcore? underestimate how 2k would fall without the fans that bought the 2k games since day 1 when they weren't anything

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »