Home

Kotaku now calling out 2K. This problem is now 'big'

This is a discussion on Kotaku now calling out 2K. This problem is now 'big' within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #9
OOO
Rookie

OOO's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Kotaku now calling out 2K. This problem is now 'big'

IGN is the big dog. Hopefully they will call out 2k on this mess.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:16 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
IMO thats what the problem is, 2k is the ONLY option...sure EA has a game, but its an utter pile of crap at this point. i wouldnt play it if i got it for free

2k was great back when live put out games people liked...once EA shut down live 2-3 years ago the service we know as 2k basketball turned into a monopolistic money grabbing pile of steaming crap customer support
I think their issue was a partial money grab and to stop the hacking that was done with hex and reditor. But they weren't honest with themselves about backlash and their crappy servers. On Christmas a ton of gamers got the game and boom!!! Take all that VC cash and holla at COD severs 2K

Teams
NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers - 2016 NBA Champions
NFL: Cleveland Browns
MLB: Cleveland Indians
NCAA BB: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cleveland St. Vikings
NCAA FB: Ohio State Buckeyes
Old 12-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
Yes and no. The simple fact is 2K release a good basketball experience. The best we have. EA can't release anything close right now. I'm not holding my breath for EA to have any big changes to make their game good next year, and I'm certain most basketball/video game enthusiasts aren't either. With that said - we're stuck with 2K acting like unapologetic despots.

They're not done flooding all of their social media avenues with machinations to quell the people who in fact eat their garbage with a spoon. When they are, which in my estimation will be in a couple of months or so, then the people who are still unhappy will be closer to a new NG title and the sting will be a little less severe. A few months later we'll be reminded of the new 2K that's in the works, and the cycle is complete. Meanwhile lots of us will still be saying things like 'Hopefully this is the year we can finally get accessory and shoe colors to be accurate. Maybe even headbands too!'
I have quoted you for truth. As much as I'd like to see another basketball game come through the ranks and do it right (i.e. how 2K used to handle themselves), I just don't see any realistic options in the foreseeable future.

I think you're right on with your second paragraph as well. I've been thinking about next year's release for a while and as a result, I've been bracing for their onslaught of lines like, "2K15 is going to make you forget 2K14 ever existed! #omgnewworld", "we had a full year to work out all the kinks and give you guys exactly what you're been begging for! #moreonlinereliance", and "online connectivity is new and improved!"

With the growing amount of skepticism throughout the 2K consumer base, I'm actually going to be kind of curious to see how people take the 2K15 hype and information releases. If Ronnie2K opens with, "Get ready guys. That's right, local roster saves are back!", are we all going to jump back on the 2K train and assume they righted the ship? Or are people going to be hesitant until the product hits the streets?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2013, 09:23 PM   #12
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

someone should start tweet spamming IGN about this ^^
Old 12-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 8

Let's be real too. The actual basketball in this game is on point and the graphics are dope so the areas they need to fix are things they should be able to handle. I think the core guys care enough to not let this debacle repeat next year. I'm willing to give them a chance with 2K15 if they address this thing during the build up.

Teams
NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers - 2016 NBA Champions
NFL: Cleveland Browns
MLB: Cleveland Indians
NCAA BB: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cleveland St. Vikings
NCAA FB: Ohio State Buckeyes
Old 12-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #14
Rookie

HakeemOlajuwon's Arena

OVR: 2

2K know how to deal with the beginnings of a controversy.

Remember few weeks ago,everyone started to complain about the VC system.
2K gave us a lockercode 10 000VC and everyone enter the code and forgot the problem.

2K will do the same , give us a lockercode and we will forget to have paid 60€ nba2k14 and we can't even play when we want.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
If Ronnie2K opens with, "Get ready guys. That's right, local roster saves are back!", are we all going to jump back on the 2K train and assume they righted the ship? Or are people going to be hesitant until the product hits the streets?
I'm going to assume Ronnie's definition of "local", "roster", "saves", and "back" are different from mine until I actually get to see it work myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2013, 11:58 PM   #16
Rookie

minwager's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HakeemOlajuwon
2K know how to deal with the beginnings of a controversy.

Remember few weeks ago,everyone started to complain about the VC system.
2K gave us a lockercode 10 000VC and everyone enter the code and forgot the problem.

2K will do the same , give us a lockercode and we will forget to have paid 60€ nba2k14 and we can't even play when we want.

LMAO!! No one has forgotten about the problem, guy. The VC system is a steaming pile of **** and throwing VC at us isn't the proper way to fix it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »