Home

Kotaku now calling out 2K. This problem is now 'big'

This is a discussion on Kotaku now calling out 2K. This problem is now 'big' within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-30-2013, 01:42 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Kotaku now calling out 2K. This problem is now 'big'

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
dont know what that website is...never heard of it but mad props.

game informer "sort of" called 2k out earlier today, but if IGN does it 2k's rep is going to get shot and EA is going to have a MASSIVE opportunity to become the #1 basketball franchise if they put out a mildly decent product next year
Negative. Game Informer kissed their rear ends while reporting a minor server bug. I lost a shred of respect for them.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:07 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 4

The game was a great before the first patch that screwed everything up.
They need to undo all the patches, give us roster updates, then start patching over again without adding all the always online and VC BS.

Keep the skill points.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:12 AM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by memtndude
Negative. Game Informer kissed their rear ends while reporting a minor server bug. I lost a shred of respect for them.
When was this, was it before the game was released? Because if so remember the reviewers got a different version of the game. All the crap everyone hates was patched into the game once it was released.

So the VC and always having to be always online was not in the game.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:57 AM   #20
MVP

vtcha's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Let's be real too. The actual basketball in this game is on point and the graphics are dope so the areas they need to fix are things they should be able to handle. I think the core guys care enough to not let this debacle repeat next year. I'm willing to give them a chance with 2K15 if they address this thing during the build up.
You are completely right about the actual gameplay footage and visual. However, aside from the online frustrations, the problem lies within the issues where a 'casual' gamer wouldn't notice. I'm talking about the trade logic problems, the MyCareer freeze problems, the poor coaching rotations, the outdated and seemingly always delayed live rosters, etc. These are the exact problems that happen year after year.

I myself rarely play online in the first place because it is just too laggy and delayed for me. Especially since I'm an international player using a U.S server, there is usually about 0.5-1 second delay for me, hence it is so difficult to time the release of a jump shot, let alone play on-ball defense ...
Old 12-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #21
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Pastapadre just gave them a smack around too:

NBA 2k14 Recovering From Devastating Weekend Server Problems

Quote:
It would be difficult to cite another game that has stumbled so badly post-release as next-gen NBA 2K14. From the recognition that online connections are essentially required at all times, to the damaging VC system that has turned so many against the series on its own, the crashes preventing many from simply playing the game’s central modes, and even the more pronounced lag post-patch and new bugs introduced into MyGM – it’s been one thing after another and 2K has shown no signs of gaining their footing or compensating all those who have struggled to get out of the product what it promised.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2013, 05:19 PM   #22
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Pastapadre just gave them a smack around too:
For those that don't know, I'd take anything Pastapadre says with a pound of salt. He's historically shown a bias against 2K sports games, so it's no surprise he'd play up any dissention as much as possible. I remember he tried to make a big deal out of OJ Simpson being on a team named the Assassins in All Pro Football, a game that already had a lot going against it without NFL licensing. I don't know if he changed his tune over the years as I lost interest in football gaming gradually after post-NCAA/NFL exclusivity, but as a long-time gamer it doesn't surprise me he's piling on the negativity bandwagon.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 12-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #23
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
For those that don't know, I'd take anything Pastapadre says with a pound of salt. He's historically shown a bias against 2K sports games, so it's no surprise he'd play up any dissention as much as possible.
That's bull ****. He holds the game to account unlike all the nutriders on the big games sites.

Even if he was biased against, that wouldnt invalidate what he has to say.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #24
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
For those that don't know, I'd take anything Pastapadre says with a pound of salt. He's historically shown a bias against 2K sports games, so it's no surprise he'd play up any dissention as much as possible. I remember he tried to make a big deal out of OJ Simpson being on a team named the Assassins in All Pro Football, a game that already had a lot going against it without NFL licensing. I don't know if he changed his tune over the years as I lost interest in football gaming gradually after post-NCAA/NFL exclusivity, but as a long-time gamer it doesn't surprise me he's piling on the negativity bandwagon.
I've been reading him for a while, about multiple games, and I find he's pretty focused on cutting through the hype and spin for all the sports games, no matter the publisher.

With all due respect, when it comes to NBA 2k, you come across as far more biased to me than anything I've ever seen from Pastapadre, though your posture is always to defend and excuse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »