Home

Draft picks for MYGM

This is a discussion on Draft picks for MYGM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #1
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

OVR: 0
Draft picks for MYGM

2k needs to have all the draft picks trades for each team set correctly. Example is the Noel to Philly trade, basically on this game Pelicans keep their picks and get Jrue in the process not really fair for Philly. 2k can update rosters why not the picks? That would make picking a team in MYGM more realistic to the teams current situation/goals since you can customize everything else in the mode. Just something that bugs me about the game cause it's unfair for those teams who traded away players for picks to rebuild not even have them on the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Draft picks for MYGM

You think that's bad? How about the Celtics having the Nets/Hawks 2013 pick, the Clippers 2015, the Nets 2016 and 2018 picks along with the right to swap 2017 picks. Those Nets picks were the best part of that KG/Pierce trade but now since it doesnt have them, that trade looks terrible for the Celtics. At least keep trade override in so we can pull off the trades ourselves.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:32 PM   #3
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
You think that's bad? How about the Celtics having the Nets/Hawks 2013 pick, the Clippers 2015, the Nets 2016 and 2018 picks along with the right to swap 2017 picks. Those Nets picks were the best part of that KG/Pierce trade but now since it doesnt have them, that trade looks terrible for the Celtics. At least keep trade override in so we can pull off the trades ourselves.
I agree 100% with the trade override option needs to be back in place. You are right those picks was the main reason the KG/Pierce deal was done and those should be reflected in the game.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:38 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

This would be a great addition for franchise mode. I support this 110%. I'm honestly somewhat surprised it has yet to be implemented up to this point in sporting games. Those are the kind of details I like to see added to my basketball simulations.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #5
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Has any Celtics fans been able to make moves to where they can get some of those picks?

As soon as the not being able to advance in the playoff nonsense is addressed I'm starting my C's MyGm and would love to get at least 1st round pick back. I was thinking of moving Pierce and KG back to the C's and Wallace and Hump back to the Nets before starting, then trading them before the first game. I'm not sure if it would work or not though.

If anyone has done it successfully let us know what moves you made.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 2

Pretty sure Madden 25 had this feature. Every team had all correct draft picks even ones from other teams. So honestly it wouldn't be that hard at all to implement this.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:01 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

The game doesn't even work, why would you have any hope at all that this would be fixed?

This will never, ever happen.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #8
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

The Bynum/Deng deal just reiterates my point since this deal will reflect nothing for the Bulls on the game.... good job 2k

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »