Home

Personality Badge Questions

This is a discussion on Personality Badge Questions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2013, 11:50 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Personality Badge Questions

So, my old combination was Streaky (for building heat quickly), Unphased (For holding heat through quarters) and Spark Plug (so I started the game at high rhythm) but now I am having my doubts about this combo.

I am noticing with streaky, once I miss two shots in a row, it becomes very difficult for me to build again unless I start dunking or focusing on making consecutive shots. When that is the case, I find myself laying off moving the ball and assisting which I don't like to do. I used to use Volume shooter and Cool and collected but it seemed with cool and collected I didn't get hot, although I feel I was making much more of my 3s, which leads me to my next question(s):

Does cool and collected not allow you to get hot and just keeps you warm but prevents you from getting cold? Or does it work like microwave by allowing you to stay hot longer after reaching it? Also, does spark plug work if you are a starter or only of you're coming off the bench as a sub?

I was thinking about using "swagger" for building since I dunk a lot, cool and collected (if it allows you to get hot and stay at that "narrow" rhythm) and maybe something like floor general to help my team since I noticed they can get pretty flop city if we are down the slightest margin. I was also debating "closer" as well. Obviously going to use Primetime during the playoffs.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Crookid; 12-30-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 12:03 AM   #2
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Re: Personality Badge Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
So, my old combination was Streaky (for building heat quickly), Unphased (For holding heat through quarters) and Spark Plug (so I started the game at high rhythm) but now I am having my doubts about this combo.

I am noticing with streaky, once I miss two shots in a row, it becomes very difficult for me to build again unless I start dunking or focusing on making consecutive shots. When that is the case, I find myself laying off moving the ball and assisting which I don't like to do. I used to use Volume shooter and Cool and collected but it seemed with cool and collected I didn't get hot, although I feel I was making much more of my 3s, which leads me to my next question(s):

Does cool and collected not allow you to get hot and just keeps you warm but prevents you from getting cold? Or does it work like microwave by allowing you to stay hot longer after reaching it? Also, does spark plug work if you are a starter or only of you're coming off the bench as a sub?

I was thinking about using "swagger" for building since I dunk a lot, cool and collected (if it allows you to get hot and stay at that "narrow" rhythm) and maybe something like floor general to help my team since I noticed they can get pretty flop city if we are down the slightest margin. I was also debating "closer" as well. Obviously going to use Primetime during the playoffs.

Thoughts?
Streaky can be a difficult personality badge as with Cool and Collected. These two personality badges are like polar opposites in fact. The issue wirh Streaky is that it makes it easier to get on a hot streak and it also makes it easier to get on a cold streak. Your consistency will fluctuate a lot using this and your rhythm is affected greatly by misses and makes. Cool and Collected on the other hand keeps your rhythm in a narrow range. Which means you wont be affected much by streaks in either a positive or negative direction. Its a lot harder to get hot but its much harder to get cold as well. I dont use either of these personality badges for those reasons. They have upsides and downsides to both of them unlike other personality badges. Spark Plug is only activated when you come into the game so its really only useful coming off the bench.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:02 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duke 27
Streaky can be a difficult personality badge as with Cool and Collected. These two personality badges are like polar opposites in fact. The issue wirh Streaky is that it makes it easier to get on a hot streak and it also makes it easier to get on a cold streak. Your consistency will fluctuate a lot using this and your rhythm is affected greatly by misses and makes. Cool and Collected on the other hand keeps your rhythm in a narrow range. Which means you wont be affected much by streaks in either a positive or negative direction. Its a lot harder to get hot but its much harder to get cold as well. I dont use either of these personality badges for those reasons. They have upsides and downsides to both of them unlike other personality badges. Spark Plug is only activated when you come into the game so its really only useful coming off the bench.
Ahh, thanks for clearing that up man. That makes much more sense to me. I figured as much, but your explanations helped me understand and solidify any assumptions.

I think I'm going to go with Swagger/Volume Shooter, Unphased/Closer and Floor General
Old 12-31-2013, 04:04 AM   #4
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
Ahh, thanks for clearing that up man. That makes much more sense to me. I figured as much, but your explanations helped me understand and solidify any assumptions.

I think I'm going to go with Swagger/Volume Shooter, Unphased/Closer and Floor General
Dont use Volume Shooter. Thats one of the "negative" personality badges along with Dialed In. Volume Shooter doesnt do anything to help you in anyway. It can only hurt you if because your rhythm drops if you dont take enough shots. That isnt an issue but theres no benefit to volume shooter, it doesnt help you rhythm in anyway, so its useless. Youre way better off using swagger, closer, unphased or floor general. Stay away from dialed in and volume shooter, those personality badges can only hurt you not help. Hardened is another awesome one because it helps you out when youre low on stamina and helps tou fight through it.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:15 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Dont use Volume Shooter. Thats one of the "negative" personality badges along with Dialed In. Volume Shooter doesnt do anything to help you in anyway. It can only hurt you if because your rhythm drops if you dont take enough shots. That isnt an issue but theres no benefit to volume shooter, it doesnt help you rhythm in anyway, so its useless. Youre way better off using swagger, closer, unphased or floor general. Stay away from dialed in and volume shooter, those personality badges can only hurt you not help. Hardened is another awesome one because it helps you out when youre low on stamina and helps tou fight through it.
Ahh thanks.

And wow nice suggestion with hardened. I'm pretty confident ill use that now especially since I'm in ungodly hours and that is probably a big reason as to why my shooting was suffering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 08:56 AM   #6
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2

Does Beta Dog do anything if you don't have an Alpha Dog on the team? I had it on for a while and I felt like I was making more shots even though the 76ers have no Alpha. I guess I could have just had a few hot games.

Also, what are the best Personality Badges to have? I see ones that would be useful but I want to know what are best for a game-to-game situation.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:25 PM   #7
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
great insights to the personality badge....personally i like the hardened and those that give you boost playing d
Old 01-01-2014, 06:45 PM   #8
Rookie

I use Floor General and Defensive Anchor(don't know if they stack when other got them, nobody in my team got em so I use both), then depending on the game I use either Primetime, Closer, Alpha Dog or Mind Games. While I do think that most of the badges should fit with what you're doing, I usually go with these depending on the matchup. If I am up vs a Scrub team I tend to experiment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »