Home

Has anyone on the 2k Sports staff ever watched a game of basketball?

This is a discussion on Has anyone on the 2k Sports staff ever watched a game of basketball? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2013, 06:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Has anyone on the 2k Sports staff ever watched a game of basketball?

I know this might come as a complete shocker to anyone working on these 2k games but there are players in the NBA who actually *gasp* AREN'T good offensive players. Omg i know right!

Every big posts up like he's Hakeem. Hook shots go in like 90% of the time.

Every guard hits semi-open shots at about a 70% clip.

FG% every game is above 50.

Now let's talk about points of emphasis and how stupid they are.
"limit perimeter shots and give up every single layup"
or
"have 5 guys sit in the paint and watch as the opponent shoots wide open 3's at about 98% clip"

Is this how coaches preach? I can see Vogel in the huddle.. OKAY GUYS WE ARE GOING TO "LIMIT PERIMETER SHOTS" SO U KNOW WHAT TO DO.. GO STAND IN THE PAINT ALL GAME LONG!

Holy crap? Why the hell can't we have BOTH. Double the players that need to be doubled, help on the players that need to be helped on and stay close to the players you need to stay close to.. jesus.

This game is a complete mess right now from a simulation standpoint. The offense plays like an And 1 mix tape meets NBA Jam and some inbred monkeys at the zoo have more defensive awareness.

What the hell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Has anyone on the 2k Sports staff ever watched a game of basketball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamAgain
I know this might come as a complete shocker to anyone working on these 2k games but there are players in the NBA who actually *gasp* AREN'T good offensive players. Omg i know right!

or
"have 5 guys sit in the paint and watch as the opponent shoots wide open 3's at about 98% clip"

Is this how coaches preach? I can see Vogel in the huddle.. OKAY GUYS WE ARE GOING TO "LIMIT PERIMETER SHOTS" SO U KNOW WHAT TO DO.. GO STAND IN THE PAINT ALL GAME LONG!

Holy crap? Why the hell can't we have BOTH. Double the players that need to be doubled, help on the players that need to be helped on and stay close to the players you need to stay close to.. jesus.

This game is a complete mess right now from a simulation standpoint. The offense plays like an And 1 mix tape meets NBA Jam and some inbred monkeys at the zoo have more defensive awareness.

What the hell.
Honestly it's rating and sliders and the fact they do not have a dedicated staff member that knows how to properly rate players and their effectiveness. 2k has became very big business and this game is not for sim players any longer in my opinion. I'm very grateful to the roster and slider makers because without them were playing as you say nba jam and the and 1 mixtape of video games.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:43 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

obviously they do they got it right in most games except for 2k12 and 2k14 next gen

2k11 and 2k14 cg has it down pretty well

dunno why next gen 2k14 is way unbalanced, i agree everyone is like hakeem the post, perimeter shot % are too high but imo the problem lies with the held d and def rotations

if they fix these 2 things, next gen would be much more solid gameplay wise
Old 12-31-2013, 07:48 AM   #4
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraulo234
obviously they do they got it right in most games except for 2k12 and 2k14 next gen

2k11 and 2k14 cg has it down pretty well

dunno why next gen 2k14 is way unbalanced, i agree everyone is like hakeem the post, perimeter shot % are too high but imo the problem lies with the held d and def rotations

if they fix these 2 things, next gen would be much more solid gameplay wise

I think these are results of the sliders and affects of POE. The game is scrambled, it's way to hard to play defense is this game which leads to a lot of things we don't like. High shooting percentages, players leaving their assigned man, ******** teammate AI, it's all by design. Many don't even mind these annoyances so we the minority that have issues with the game get pushed to the side.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #5
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamAgain

or

What the hell.
You do know its a video game right? The key word is VIDEO.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 12:49 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

If your talking bout online its not on hof and you prolly suck on defense if offline change difficulty to rookie problem solved
Old 12-31-2013, 01:16 PM   #7
Training Camp Warrior

RustyRocket56's Arena

OVR: 5

I hate when "shoot at will" is one of the POE during mycareer games. my pg brings up the ball passes to sg and irrespective of defense sg jacks up a shot. EVERY .. SINGLE .. TIME
Old 12-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #8
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

2k basketball is an arcade game now...they hard coded 3pt %'s because people bitched about not being able to hit every contested 3....i mean cmon

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »