Home

How Many Of You Will Buy 2k15 If The Current VC System Stays The Same?

This is a discussion on How Many Of You Will Buy 2k15 If The Current VC System Stays The Same? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Buying 2k15: Yes or No
Yes- Will buy, current system is bad but not bad enough to keep me from buying. 52 31.33%
No- Won't buy, current system is complete crap. Needs a total overhaul otherwise I'm off 2k until until changes are made 114 68.67%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2014, 12:52 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: How Many Of You Will Buy 2k15 If The Current VC System Stays The Same?

I voted yes, but I don't think the current system is bad. The Jordan's and Nikes are overpriced and you shouldn't have to buy different color headbands, but other than that I have limited issues with VC. If they don't fix the servers and give us offline saves again, I may walk.

Teams
NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers - 2016 NBA Champions
NFL: Cleveland Browns
MLB: Cleveland Indians
NCAA BB: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cleveland St. Vikings
NCAA FB: Ohio State Buckeyes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 12:54 PM   #26
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Yes and im sure those who say no will get it anyway just like it works with a lot of other popular games

are you going to count on live? i doubt it.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:54 PM   #27
MVP

AntiBandwagoner's Arena

OVR: 6

I honestly don't have too much of an issue with the VC system. The only real problem for me is the servers. I think the people on this forum are overreacting to the problems of the game and aren't looking at the positives, it is the best looking sports game on the planet at the moment.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2014, 01:57 PM   #28
Rookie

Khaos_Kiwi's Arena

OVR: 0

For MyCareer I really need them to change a few things:

-More VC for being a good teammate and having a good game.

- Completely change the dynamic goals. At present all they do is foster selfish and unrealistic play. Goals like start a run, hold opposing player scoreless for rest of quarter, score 10 points all by yourself are plain stupid. All these goals just promote bad basketball and worse, they reward it with more VC than actually playing well!

-All (Non-attribute boosting) accessories and team gear (clothes from the team you are currently playing for) need to be free. There is just no reason why we should be spending exorbitant amounts of VC on cosmetic things, to make our players look like they are actually in the NBA!

For MyGM:

Unfortunately I can't be too specific concerning this mode as the VC implementation has completely sucked the life out of this mode for me.

It just needs to change. I can't meet owner or coach requests due to the extremely high amount of VC that is being charged. No I tell Scott Brooks, I can't send Marcus Smart to a training camp because I don't want to waste VC I could use on MyPlayer. No Owner, I can't buy us an analytics firm as I am not spending real world money on virtual coins just to please you in a DAMN BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME!

2k, you guys are getting further and further away from what your core audience wants. It's not too late to listen and ensure none of this **** is in 2k15, or ANY future 2k video game.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:00 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

Unless they revert to the old Association mode, then I won't be buying 2K15.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos_Kiwi
For MyCareer I really need them to change a few things:

-More VC for being a good teammate and having a good game.

- Completely change the dynamic goals. At present all they do is foster selfish and unrealistic play. Goals like start a run, hold opposing player scoreless for rest of quarter, score 10 points all by yourself are plain stupid. All these goals just promote bad basketball and worse, they reward it with more VC than actually playing well!

-All (Non-attribute boosting) accessories and team gear (clothes from the team you are currently playing for) need to be free. There is just no reason why we should be spending exorbitant amounts of VC on cosmetic things, to make our players look like they are actually in the NBA!

For MyGM:

Unfortunately I can't be too specific concerning this mode as the VC implementation has completely sucked the life out of this mode for me.

It just needs to change. I can't meet owner or coach requests due to the extremely high amount of VC that is being charged. No I tell Scott Brooks, I can't send Marcus Smart to a training camp because I don't want to waste VC I could use on MyPlayer. No Owner, I can't buy us an analytics firm as I am not spending real world money on virtual coins just to please you in a DAMN BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME!

2k, you guys are getting further and further away from what your core audience wants. It's not too late to listen and ensure none of this **** is in 2k15, or ANY future 2k video game.
You played 82 games in myGM and didn't have enough VC for a training camp and the Analytics firm?

Teams
NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers - 2016 NBA Champions
NFL: Cleveland Browns
MLB: Cleveland Indians
NCAA BB: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cleveland St. Vikings
NCAA FB: Ohio State Buckeyes
Old 01-01-2014, 02:23 PM   #31
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

I look at it this way:

This year, with the way they instituted VC, it's like they were trying to make me buy the game twice, shaking me down to be able to have the game experience we used to get out of the box.

So as a result, I will only buy the game once in two years. No purchase for me next year, and I probably would have made that purchase if not for this year's VC abomination. That, plus the bugs even beyond VC make the mode I play (MyGM) literally unplayable. And that doesn't even get to the server issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 03:37 PM   #32
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiBandwagoner
I honestly don't have too much of an issue with the VC system. The only real problem for me is the servers. I think the people on this forum are overreacting to the problems of the game and aren't looking at the positives, it is the best looking sports game on the planet at the moment.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
I also think it's somewhat shortsighted. Some seem to be arguing more on principle, similar to the reaction to having to pay $5 for The NBA Combine back in 2K10. The VC issue seems to be compounded because of the server issues. We'll see how the reaction is next year if/when 2K does something regarding the Legends. For all I know VC could help subsidize the inclusion of the Legend content - every year there's the threat that it won't be continued, understandable given no other sports games are doing anything anywhere near as extensive. Imo it'd be the most sensible thing to justify monetizing.

From what I've read the VC structure could somewhat easily be changed to something more fair (dropping from MyGM, re-pricing items) but there's the "it's not implemented right in it's first year so remove it completely" contingent that doesn't want to have VC in the game in any form. If I were 2K and going to get accused of being like every other game, perhaps they should simply take other games' approach - stop taking the kitchen sink/do everything possible and upgrade as other sports games upgrade on a yearly basis. Pull back and offer less/stop pushing the envelope, and make sure the what's offered works properly.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »