Home

Should we sue 2k sports????

This is a discussion on Should we sue 2k sports???? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2014, 03:30 AM   #9
Rookie

Cedrik's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Should we sue 2k sports????

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/
Old 01-01-2014, 03:46 AM   #10
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Doesn't sound bad, get ur complaints and testimonies together, I think a class action lawsuit isn't a bad idea.

https://www.change.org/petitions/tak...ba-2k14-issues

Last edited by XxJustAguessxX; 01-01-2014 at 03:55 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:04 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think lot of people are really frustrated with 2K's handling on this game and it's problems since launch. They were happy to accept all of the praise when it first came out but are a lot more silent when it comes to actually letting us know how they will fix the game.
Personally I have had my xbox one digital copy since launch and played it non stop for the first few weeks until the problems after the patch and then BAM,cant play my gm,cant play My Player just constantly goes back to main menu. Since I have a digital copy I basically have a broken game I cannot use.

Ball is in your court 2K,lets hope there is competition next year and I know where my money will be going then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 09:01 AM   #12
MVP

nate1986's Arena

OVR: 2

A class action lawsuit is a good idea, but the question is will enough people sign up, whoever said 2k took all the praise for how well the gameplay is, but they don't take criticism well is right on the money

As I have said ea sports came out and admitted we gave you a bad product but we will fix it, which by all indications seem to be happening while 2k claims they are "working" to fix issues, if this keeps up and NBA live does improve 2k is gonna have to pull their heads out of their collective butts otherwise they won't be kings of the court later this year
Old 01-01-2014, 01:13 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbalhologram
I think lot of people are really frustrated with 2K's handling on this game and it's problems since launch. They were happy to accept all of the praise when it first came out but are a lot more silent when it comes to actually letting us know how they will fix the game.
Personally I have had my xbox one digital copy since launch and played it non stop for the first few weeks until the problems after the patch and then BAM,cant play my gm,cant play My Player just constantly goes back to main menu. Since I have a digital copy I basically have a broken game I cannot use.

Ball is in your court 2K,lets hope there is competition next year and I know where my money will be going then.
I feel your pain fam, but I don't think 2k's faults this year warrant a clean slate for 4 years of EA bull. They refused to show any gameplay until after people bought the game smdh. If 2K isn't a purchase next year I understand, but to me that just puts both companies in the same boat of lost trust.

Teams
NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers - 2016 NBA Champions
NFL: Cleveland Browns
MLB: Cleveland Indians
NCAA BB: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cleveland St. Vikings
NCAA FB: Ohio State Buckeyes
Old 01-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #14
Banned

heater41's Arena

OVR: 10

Go ahead, why not, it's America after all. That's all we do in this country is b*tch and moan. Sell it for $40 on Ebay and consider the $20 you lost a rental fee. Then, stop complaining. Then, you can spend more time with your family and friends and do something useful. All this complaining is really starting to get to me.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by heater41
Go ahead, why not, it's America after all. That's all we do in this country is b*tch and moan. Sell it for $40 on Ebay and consider the $20 you lost a rental fee. Then, stop complaining. Then, you can spend more time with your family and friends and do something useful. All this complaining is really starting to get to me.
Then get off these forums. Because in this case people have a right to complain. And it's the folks like you,the ones who always want to look the other way when stuff like this happens, that are the main reason this nonsense continues to happen. You pay good money for something,you expect it to do what it's supposed to do, not this bs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 02:07 PM   #16
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMBrown
Then get off these forums. Because in this case people have a right to complain. And it's the folks like you,the ones who always want to look the other way when stuff like this happens, that are the main reason this nonsense continues to happen. You pay good money for something,you expect it to do what it's supposed to do, not this bs.
The idea that complaining after the fact leading to change, is a farce.

#1) 2K doesn't make money on the games they sell, their parent company does. 2K is a glorified work force with a recognizable name.

Take Two is the parent company pulling in the cheddar, and cutting the checks to the 2K "employees."

None of these complaints are getting to, or affecting Take Two Interactive or their bottom line.

When games are retailed, they're sold, in bulk, at a wholesale price to the retailers, and we buy it at the MSRP. That means...Take Two already got their money, long before you purchased your game.

Change occurs when future versions of the game fail to meet or exceed sales figures from the previous year. What that actually used to mean was the wholesaler (or publisher/distributor) wasn't getting enough orders to clear out their supply at the same rate as previous years.

They keep producing product at the same rate, but the demand for it is going down, causing a surplus that they don't want.

#2) All of that being said...complaining after you bought the game will do almost nothing. You'll get a copy-and-paste PR reply. That's about it.

2K will slap on as many bandaids as they're permitted, then it's on to the next.

The real answer is...stop buying the game. Not buy then complain.

NBA 2K is big business. Big business does what it needs to do to keep the money flowing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »