Home

Should we sue 2k sports????

This is a discussion on Should we sue 2k sports???? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2014, 02:17 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Should we sue 2k sports????

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
The idea that complaining after the fact leading to change, is a farce.
Here's the thing: We didn't know that they would patch in DRM after we bought the game. By then, it was too late to return it (for me at least).

We didn't get a chance to complain about this stuff before the fact, because it wasn't present.

I do agree that not buying the game in the future is the best way to show our displeasure.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I dont take talking about things like this lightly.

I'll be honest with you all, i've bought just about all of NBA 2K's ever since ESPN NBA 2K was the name of it in the early days since Dreamcast. I love NBA and I have always loved this game. It is a big hobby of mine and i am an injured veteran so I really dont have a lot of things that I find interest in any more that I can physically do. I can't play ball anymore but I can play 2k. I know it sounds sad but its true. Whatever. I enjoy playing it online and i enjoy the new game modes that come out.

I love this entire game except for the fact that it requires me to invest VC into everything and there should be some game modes that dont require me to put in VC. its so bad that they have to quell us with monetary vc compensation periodically. I know I have spent at least $50 on VC since PS3 2k13, PS3 2k14 and now ps4 2k14. Yeah I bought both generations version of 2k14 because I couldnt hold out until I got my ps4.

Even though I say all that I am so incredibly burned and sick of 2k at this point and vow to never ever ever purchase a product from them. The only way I will purchase a 2k product is second hand and that is out of spite for them at this point. I have been nothing but loyal as a customer and polite with my support requests recently and 2k wont even bother to reply with a canned answer.

and to the smart alec that says "well don't buy it", we surely wont next year. the issue is what do we do about the current product that we have been utterly lied to about? on the back of the game it doesnt say online is required it is only needed for some modes but on their support website on support dot 2k dot com it says that online is required and it doesnt say you need to use VC on the back of the game.

The only thing they have really added since 2k12 that is a legitimate feature and not something that was just removed previously and rehashed is VC and "The Park" on the next gen version of 2k14 and the vc requirement and need to spend money on vc is not even mentioned on the back of 2k13 or 2k14. this is false advertisement and not setting a clear expectation that you will need to spend money on the game.

nba 2k14 should have been a FREE 2 PLAY game . At least then i would be MORE THAN HAPPY to spend my hard earned money on VC but because I have already spent $60, I should not have to buy an endless amount of vc to continue playing and then have to do it all over again next year because none of my ****ing **** will carry over.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:44 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
The idea that complaining after the fact leading to change, is a farce.

#1) 2K doesn't make money on the games they sell, their parent company does. 2K is a glorified work force with a recognizable name.

Take Two is the parent company pulling in the cheddar, and cutting the checks to the 2K "employees."

None of these complaints are getting to, or affecting Take Two Interactive or their bottom line.

When games are retailed, they're sold, in bulk, at a wholesale price to the retailers, and we buy it at the MSRP. That means...Take Two already got their money, long before you purchased your game.

Change occurs when future versions of the game fail to meet or exceed sales figures from the previous year. What that actually used to mean was the wholesaler (or publisher/distributor) wasn't getting enough orders to clear out their supply at the same rate as previous years.

They keep producing product at the same rate, but the demand for it is going down, causing a surplus that they don't want.

#2) All of that being said...complaining after you bought the game will do almost nothing. You'll get a copy-and-paste PR reply. That's about it.

2K will slap on as many bandaids as they're permitted, then it's on to the next.

The real answer is...stop buying the game. Not buy then complain.

NBA 2K is big business. Big business does what it needs to do to keep the money flowing.
No that is how to affect their future sales. The discussion is whether or not those who have purchased a product that has been misrepresented and unsupported can file a suit. Please stay on topic.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:59 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9

There definitely be a compensation for this rather than giving VC's all over, that's pathetic don't buy this stuff guys.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:05 PM   #21
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

lol you gamers like to take it up the butt by these companies. I've seen supplement companies sued for little things. I got a check in the mail for $48 2 months ago because someone filed a suit against a company and they had to pay everyone $16 for each tub of protein they bought with a max claim of 3. All it takes is the right ppl with the right attitude to get this going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2014, 03:09 PM   #22
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Doesn't sound bad, get ur complaints and testimonies together, I think a class action lawsuit isn't a bad idea.

https://www.change.org/petitions/tak...ba-2k14-issues
2k and Take Two Interactive are certainly prime targets for a class action suit, they happen all the time and for weaker reasons. The complaints on this one are legit.

Meanwhile, I signed the Change.org petition and I recommend others do as well.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:18 PM   #23
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by redicufide
Just saying im really upset that we can not have online leagues. Heck we pay $60 for a game that we cannot enjoy with the servers being down. Plus I dont know what is up with the online records but im like 28-13 andIwas playing a guy online and he said it showed my record as 8-9. Come on 2k fix this stuff or EA will rise to number one.
And where is the part you should sue them for? sell the game easy.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:50 PM   #24
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
And where is the part you should sue them for? sell the game easy.
see this is the attitude ppl shouldn't have. He just told you how broken the servers are and tell him just to sell the game. Keep bending over and taking i'm sure 2K enjoys it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »