Home

STUCK IN A LOOP PLEASE HELP

This is a discussion on STUCK IN A LOOP PLEASE HELP within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2014, 04:43 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: STUCK IN A LOOP PLEASE HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
Bump.

Can anyone shed some light on a fix for this? 2k is unresponsive.
I consider you sort of lucky. MyCareer and MYGm crash every time for me. I've started a new MyCareer, and it crashes going into the rookie showcase, then loads my old MyCareer on top of it. I've played the Pacers five times, and it crashes at the end of that game each time. It's a vicious cycle.

MyGM will let me simulate and then all of a sudden it crashes out and I'm at the home screen again and when I enter MYGM i'm back where I started. So I'd say continue using your new one for a while and maybe it will fix. Or maybe the file was corrupted and you'll have to restart. Sorry I'm not a lot of help, but that's my experience with MyCareer on Next Gen thus far.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:48 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemerson22
I consider you sort of lucky. MyCareer and MYGm crash every time for me. I've started a new MyCareer, and it crashes going into the rookie showcase, then loads my old MyCareer on top of it. I've played the Pacers five times, and it crashes at the end of that game each time. It's a vicious cycle.

MyGM will let me simulate and then all of a sudden it crashes out and I'm at the home screen again and when I enter MYGM i'm back where I started. So I'd say continue using your new one for a while and maybe it will fix. Or maybe the file was corrupted and you'll have to restart. Sorry I'm not a lot of help, but that's my experience with MyCareer on Next Gen thus far.
Did you try hard resetting your console? My X1 had similar issues until I realized turning it off the old way only puts it in standby and hard resetting restores your cache.

You hard reset by taking the plug out while in standby and putting it back in.

I am going to try to load the file several times consistently and if that doesn't work I'm going to try and reinstall the game.

I'll report back here for you and maybe my findings will help you as well.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:18 PM   #11
Rookie

chadex's Arena

Quote:
Did you try hard resetting your console? My X1 had similar issues until I realized turning it off the old way only puts it in standby and hard resetting restores your cache.

You hard reset by taking the plug out while in standby and putting it back in.

I am going to try to load the file several times consistently and if that doesn't work I'm going to try and reinstall the game.

I'll report back here for you and maybe my findings will help you as well.
I just tried this now to attempt to fix my MyGM save file, still nothing at all. Don't think the Xbox One allows you to clear installations, either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2014, 07:24 PM   #12
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
My Career file says everything it is supposed to. My character has all his gear on and everything is visible but My Career will NOT start up.

Last night I saved the game after half time because I was having a good game. I started it up today as normal where it would take me to where I saved in the game and it won't load. It just keeps crashing to home screen after saying "My Career starring"

Is there a way I can back peddle to an earlier save? I'm assuming it is crashing due to it being in a game already?

Anyone, please help. ;(

What I've tried so far:

Loading the actual save.
Taking off all the gear.
Hard resetting the console.
Letting the intro play out.
Starting the game not logged in.
Mine has been doing that since December 26.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 01-02-2014, 08:06 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadex
I just tried this now to attempt to fix my MyGM save file, still nothing at all. Don't think the Xbox One allows you to clear installations, either.
Do you mean uninstall by clear installs? Because it does. Go into apps and games, not the pin of the game; press the menu button and then press uninstall. I uninstalled my game and now installing it again.

Once installed, from my understanding, XBox One will sync your cloud saved data. I'm going to try and load up my save after it's done installing and hopefully it works.

I could have sworn I read somewhere there was a way to delete your save and sync an earlier one that is saved on the 2K server, but I can't find that thread.

Nevertheless, a dude over at the official forums said he got his ticket answered because he had a corrupt file. They did something that erased his character's stats but allowed him to access his character where he was when it was corrupted and refunded him all his VC. He simply reallocated his stats as before and is fine now.

Only problem is it took him over a week to get a response. It sucks they are so slow and it's down right appalling but I do feel a bit better there is a chance they'll eventually contact me to help.

We'll see I guess.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:35 PM   #14
Rookie

chadex's Arena

Quote:
Do you mean uninstall by clear installs? Because it does. Go into apps and games, not the pin of the game; press the menu button and then press uninstall. I uninstalled my game and now installing it again.

Once installed, from my understanding, XBox One will sync your cloud saved data. I'm going to try and load up my save after it's done installing and hopefully it works.

I could have sworn I read somewhere there was a way to delete your save and sync an earlier one that is saved on the 2K server, but I can't find that thread.

Nevertheless, a dude over at the official forums said he got his ticket answered because he had a corrupt file. They did something that erased his character's stats but allowed him to access his character where he was when it was corrupted and refunded him all his VC. He simply reallocated his stats as before and is fine now.

Only problem is it took him over a week to get a response. It sucks they are so slow and it's down right appalling but I do feel a bit better there is a chance they'll eventually contact me to help.

We'll see I guess.
Thanks man! Trying that now. Hoping this works...I'd kill for some MyGM time.

EDIT: A whopping 7 hours later after reinstalling, my game still kicks me back out to the main menu when I want to start a new MyGm save. Damn.

Last edited by chadex; 01-03-2014 at 07:07 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadex
Thanks man! Trying that now. Hoping this works...I'd kill for some MyGM time.

EDIT: A whopping 7 hours later after reinstalling, my game still kicks me back out to the main menu when I want to start a new MyGm save. Damn.
Same with me but I found a semi fix. 2K also contacted me so while I wait for a second response (of course they asked me all the questions I already answered in the original ticket), I started up a new career after doing so on my main XB One profile started crashing consistently.

If you create a new user on your xbox, for some reason it doesn't ask you to create an XBox Live account. I did this and actually made a gamertag I wanted without paying $10 for a change. This gave me a whole new profile and I started 2K and was given all the bonus VC you're given for first creating an account. There were no My Career saves so I started a new one with no issues.

Not the greatest fix, but if you were looking to start fresh with a new profile for your new console this could be good for you. I know I was.

I'm going to see if the locker codes still work (the ones I used on my main account) and ill report back here with info when 2K responds again.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »