Home

VC Glitch - Have VC but cannot use in MC

This is a discussion on VC Glitch - Have VC but cannot use in MC within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2014, 02:10 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
VC Glitch - Have VC but cannot use in MC

I've seen this posted on the forums. If you start a second career, you cannot used redeemed vc or vc earned outside MC which really sucks. My brother first save corrupted so he started another mycareer. Instead of the vc logo, it says VC. All the redeemed points from 2k and from playing online matches, he cannot use in myplayer. He has over 17000 VC that he can't use.

Is 2k planning to fix this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2014, 02:53 AM   #2
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: VC Glitch - Have VC but cannot use in MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
I've seen this posted on the forums. If you start a second career, you cannot used redeemed vc or vc earned outside MC which really sucks. My brother first save corrupted so he started another mycareer. Instead of the vc logo, it says VC. All the redeemed points from 2k and from playing online matches, he cannot use in myplayer. He has over 17000 VC that he can't use.

Is 2k planning to fix this?
Thats not something 2k can fix and thats not something caused by creating a second career. Thats happening because the My Career file is offline and you cant use vc on an offline file.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:56 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duke 27
Thats not something 2k can fix and thats not something caused by creating a second career. Thats happening because the My Career file is offline and you cant use vc on an offline file.
the first career saved worked though. Is there a way to get it online? I have the PS+ membership. However since its on my console, anyone on my ps4 can enjoy the benefits of online cause its my primary console. He can play online games and do everything else with ps plus. But the file is not online? I don't get how that can be possible. you have to be online to play mycareer
Old 01-02-2014, 03:03 AM   #4
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
the first career saved worked though. Is there a way to get it online? I have the PS+ membership. However since its on my console, anyone on my ps4 can enjoy the benefits of online cause its my primary console. He can play online games and do everything else with ps plus. But the file is not online? I don't get how that can be possible. you have to be online to play mycareer
Youre first career was online then. Theres no way to switch an offline file to online. You only have to be online to play My Career if its an online My Career. When your brother made that second My Career he must have been offline. The difference is that in online My Careers you get the normal VC icons but if youre playing offline you get VC points with no icon. The only fix is to start another My Career ane make sure its online.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:05 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Youre first career was online then. Theres no way to switch an offline file to online. You only have to be online to play My Career if its an online My Career. When your brother made that second My Career he must have been offline. The difference is that in online My Careers you get the normal VC icons but if youre playing offline you get VC points with no icon. The only fix is to start another My Career ane make sure its online.
We did that and its still showing the vc letters instead of the icon. He doesnt have his original save. You can't even boot into my player without being connected to the internet.

Try it. If your console is not connected to the internet it doesnt even show up in the main menu. You're not allowed to have an offline myplayer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2014, 03:11 AM   #6
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
We did that and its still showing the vc letters instead of the icon. He doesnt have his original save. You can't even boot into my player without being connected to the internet.

Try it. If your console is not connected to the internet it doesnt even show up in the main menu. You're not allowed to have an offline myplayer.

You can create an offline My Career at any time. A lot of people have them. You just need to be offline. Your My Career will automatically load the most recently created my career so you need to start a new file. If you started another amy Career and youre still getting vc points then youre either offline still or the servers jacked up.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:46 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
You can create an offline My Career at any time. A lot of people have them. You just need to be offline. Your My Career will automatically load the most recently created my career so you need to start a new file. If you started another amy Career and youre still getting vc points then youre either offline still or the servers jacked up.
Thanks man..the servers must have been jacked up. Had to delete file one to make it work

Old 01-02-2014, 05:12 AM   #8
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3

Something like this happened to me. I had a MC and then I wasn't able to use VC I had got from doing the MyGM farm tactic. I made a new MC yesterday and can access my VC. I have no idea why this happened.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »