Home

Is there a way to change your voice in MyCareer?

This is a discussion on Is there a way to change your voice in MyCareer? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2014, 12:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Is there a way to change your voice in MyCareer?

The voice doesn't match up at all with my guy. It kind of ruins the talking scenes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Is there a way to change your voice in MyCareer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstotss
The voice doesn't match up at all with my guy. It kind of ruins the talking scenes.
Yeah I agree but I wish there was. There is currently no way to do that. I just don't understand why they couldn't have a dude who speaks like a normal person do the voice acting. His slang sounds so forced and I don't know any respectable NBA player who talks like he's trying to be ghetto. It sounds straight up like a white guy trying to be black when black players don't even talk like that.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:44 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

I think they picked that voice cause, in a way he can fit the races of the people he's talking with. Like, you can't really tell if the voice actor is white, black, asian, or hispanic. lol its a universal type voice. No distinct accents. Ecept him saying, ya feel me every sentence.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:11 PM   #4
Pro

And here I was thinking speaking normal English would be universal. :P
Old 01-02-2014, 05:22 PM   #5
Rookie

This is especially funny when players make really light skin people on the game and they have that voice, hah

I don't see how it would be too hard for them to add some different voices already.

2k Petition ^^ Sign plz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2014, 08:51 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
Yeah I agree but I wish there was. There is currently no way to do that. I just don't understand why they couldn't have a dude who speaks like a normal person do the voice acting. His slang sounds so forced and I don't know any respectable NBA player who talks like he's trying to be ghetto. It sounds straight up like a white guy trying to be black when black players don't even talk like that.
Um WTF man do you even watch basketball? Plenty of NBA players, and people in real life, talk like that. Maybe you're ignorant but a good number of NBA players literally do come from the ghetto, but that slang isn't exactly limited to those areas either. I personally use and have friends that use that type of slang all the time, and I don't think it sounds forced. Maybe a bit of bad acting, but the dialogue itself is accurate enough. Maybe you should get out more and meet new types of people if you don't think people talk like that, you feel me?

Last edited by kadzier; 01-02-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:31 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadzier
Um WTF man do you even watch basketball? Plenty of NBA players, and people in real life, talk like that. Maybe you're ignorant but a good number of NBA players literally do come from the ghetto, but that slang isn't exactly limited to those areas either. I personally use and have friends that use that type of slang all the time, and I don't think it sounds forced. Maybe a bit of bad acting, but the dialogue itself is accurate enough. Maybe you should get out more and meet new types of people if you don't think people talk like that, you feel me?
lol the myplayer sounds like a hipster and it does sound forced. how is that ignorant?

I actually like it though. I think its funny when he throws in a ya feel me at an inappropriate time, like during a press conference lol. I always laugh.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
lol the myplayer sounds like a hipster and it does sound forced. how is that ignorant?

I actually like it though. I think its funny when he throws in a ya feel me at an inappropriate time, like during a press conference lol. I always laugh.
Well I was responding more to the idea that people or NBA players don't talk like that, because they definitely do. Casual language is not out of place at press conferences, and NBA players use slang like that at press conferences all the time.

Maybe they could get a better actor but in general the dialogue sounds accurate enough to me. I'm actually glad they tried to make him sound like an actual basketball player instead of a generic white dude like some people seem to want.

Last edited by kadzier; 01-02-2014 at 09:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »