Home

Just Noticed the MyPlayer Skill Caps...Trading this game in today

This is a discussion on Just Noticed the MyPlayer Skill Caps...Trading this game in today within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2014, 09:25 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Just Noticed the MyPlayer Skill Caps...Trading this game in today

I think the caps disappear after your 3rd season

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2014, 09:40 AM   #34
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

This is the most stupid complaint yet.

I agree with what Simballer said in the first anser.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 01-04-2014, 07:05 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Would you rather have 7'5 Centers doing crossovers like Iverson in his prime? Pretty sure you, and most others, don't want that.

The reality is, there never has been, nor will there ever be a player that is perfect in every attribute.
Glad you've had a chance to reply in a thread where you actually have a valid argument.

Why don't you hit up my numerous threads/tweets about how my main 95 overall save file hasn't been playable for over a week.

Oh wait, I did get an answer to my ticket. That was 4 days ago, he/she asked me questions already answered in the original ticket and linked a MS website for troubleshooting a console not able to download updates....

It's clear you guys have a bad case of selective reading.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2014, 08:24 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Perrin23
I think the caps disappear after your 3rd season

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
If you don't know for 100% certainty don't say it. That would eliminate alot of the "I think" crap that's floating around

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2014, 09:08 PM   #37
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman38134
I've sat by quietly on the subject but I need to get this off my chest. Before I begin, I will quantify my statement by saying I've only played MyCareer and haven't touched MyGM, so my statements are only regarding the mode I am familiar with at this point. The only problem with VC is that it must be tracked and accounted for online via 2k's servers. Meaning if and when their servers faulter, as everyone knows they frequently do, then files become inaccessible and modes become virtually unplayable. That's it. You never need to spend a single penny on VC. It's an OPTION to purchase VC should u CHOOSE to speed up progression. Or gamers can be patient and continue to play the game and accrue the VC necessary to unlock items later. It's that simple. I'd had the game since it came out. I have a shooting guard who plays for the Nets and he's a 99 overall. I've maxed out every attribute and he's unstoppable on the court and has gone for 100+ points now in 4 different games. Whether your 3 point shot caps at 92 or 99, you will still be highly effective and at better than anyone in the league. And even at 99, u won't shoot 3's at higher than 40 to 50% from the field. U want to get that stat higher. Use the VC u EARN from the game and purchase the arm sleeves that boost the stat past your cap. I now have I've 14k in VC just sitting there on my account and I haven't spent a penny. Play on Hall of Fame and it will double the VC u earn each game, making anything u want to buy withinh reach in no more than 3 games. My point is the constant complaining about VC has gotten overblown as it is no differnt than a skill point system in any other game or RPG or point system in Call of Duty. All they did was implement an option to allow u to skip ahead should u choose. U can't get upset if someone puts something on sale and then u choose to go buy it. Otherwise exercise patience and earn everything as the game was originally designed. Max out everything on your guy and trust me, he'll still be head and shoulders above any other player in the game
Of course it's optional IF you only play one mode. Try to play My Career, My GM, and My Team. You'll see quickly that that those My Team packs, My GM facilities, AND My Career attribute upgrades can't all be bought with earned VC.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:05 PM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmooveMove
Of course it's optional IF you only play one mode. Try to play My Career, My GM, and My Team. You'll see quickly that that those My Team packs, My GM facilities, AND My Career attribute upgrades can't all be bought with earned VC.
Yes it can be. Although, I agree certain things aren't proportioned all that well, but I also agree that people's desire for instant gratification gravitates arguments towards the whole "it's impossible without buying VC argument.

I'm doing it myself. I haven't spent one dollar on VC and I am playing all those modes. The trick is to focus on one or the other.

Plus the locker codes. I've gotten over 30K VC from them.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:40 PM   #39
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
Yes it can be. Although, I agree certain things aren't proportioned all that well, but I also agree that people's desire for instant gratification gravitates arguments towards the whole "it's impossible without buying VC argument.

I'm doing it myself. I haven't spent one dollar on VC and I am playing all those modes. The trick is to focus on one or the other.

Plus the locker codes. I've gotten over 30K VC from them.
There shouldn't be a "trick". I should be able to play whatever mode I want, when I want (that includes when i'm offline)
Old 01-04-2014, 10:45 PM   #40
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Would you rather have 7'5 Centers doing crossovers like Iverson in his prime? Pretty sure you, and most others, don't want that.

The reality is, there never has been, nor will there ever be a player that is perfect in every attribute.
So uhhh.... please explain the following players in 2K14; LeBron, Kobe, D12, Steph Curry?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »