Home

Finally figured out good "D" using POE

This is a discussion on Finally figured out good "D" using POE within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2014, 12:02 AM   #17
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Finally figured out good "D" using POE

Doesn't work universally against all teams though. You need to understand what to use and against which opponent.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 01-05-2014, 12:17 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 24

This is what works best for me as well. In myTeam all the cheesers want to shot threes, with this they think they are wide open but I am able to get a good contest on their shots and they always miss.

These are the two combinations that work best for me. Run in Transition, Nothing Inside, and Offensive Rebound is one of combinations I run. Lately I've been running with Run in Transition, Create Chaos, and Play Physical. This set has been working really well for me so far.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:50 AM   #19
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Doesn't work universally against all teams though. You need to understand what to use and against which opponent.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
I agree. I, also, suggest to stop looking for the holy grail of combinations. Just follow the flow of the game and adjust as necessary. If you are boarding well, no need to select Crash Def Rebs....if your O is struggling...risk a couple of offensive boards and get out in transition.

As I said before, the Limit Perimeter shots has suspect PNR D. If you notice your opponent is using it, change your POE to "PNR offense" and exploit him until he adjusts.

If your opponent is running SFs at the PF. Use "Crash Off Boards" to exploit your mismatch with the big on the offensive end. Same with 3-2; 131 Zone..****n Crash Boards and Feed the post, with his players zoning out at the 3 it could lead to some easy put backs or 2nd chance points...you could also surrender some transition bucket IF he can take advantage...but if he cant, use it until they adjust...

If opponent in on nothing inside...select "patient offense" and run plays where shooter comes off down pick (possible shot) - to post entry - to kick out after double team in the post.

Basically, stop trying to figure out a one size fits all. Stop expecting 100% success. Just use some bball knowledge...adjust POE to what you trying to accomplish..adjust if it fails...whether it be with personnel, offensive to defensive strategy, playcalling, etc.

Lastly, make some video game adjustments not "how you think it should happen in real life adjustments" all the time. Maybe i need to crash the board with the off ball PG im playing with to help on the boards"..."well, andre miller isn't going to shoot, let me play offball on Gallo to keep him from getting the three"...."Adams don't got no post game, let me anticipate the kick out to Durant"...

I've typed too much lol...i need to have verbal conversations for things like this sometimes..
Old 01-05-2014, 09:11 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
Angry Re: Finally figured out good "D" using POE

These are all excellent suggestions thank you for that! I would also say that I have noticed when I have my settings for limiting perimeter shooters the defense suspect for limiting perimeter shots!? I literally had a guy down by eight come back in the last minute because he was using Stefan Curry and Sam jones exploiting how the AI on ball D reacts to a certain combo of EXTREMELY BASIC MOVES! even though I was limiting perimeter shots. I assure you this was an exploit. I dont want to say it because I am hoping no one else figures this out. But Could NBA 2K 14 fix this?!? if we have limit perimeter shots on, all 3's should automatically be contested and there should be no sagging off from 80 or above 3pters at least! It makes the game not fun for those of us that love playing all around dynamic games!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:36 AM   #21
Rookie

can someone please tell me how do i call a play on defense. i no how to call a play on offense but if i want to run a 1 3 1 or man or whatever how do i do that. thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 11:42 AM   #22
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

so....who need POE when i can just control the defender on the other teams best shooter and chase him around all day. wheres those open threes now!
Old 01-05-2014, 02:47 PM   #23
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb20098
can someone please tell me how do i call a play on defense. i no how to call a play on offense but if i want to run a 1 3 1 or man or whatever how do i do that. thanks
I use voice commands on the xbox1, but dpad left (or is it right?) also brings up the D menu. Voice commands work nicely; e.g., "zone 1-3-1" or man to man" or "half court trap" all work on the xbox1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »