Home

Do you miss Association Mode?

This is a discussion on Do you miss Association Mode? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2014, 12:05 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Do you miss Association Mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBlack
I disagree.

The 'intention' of the MyGM mode was good.
But the 'execution' of the MyGM mode is another story.

There is a big difference between intending to do something... and actually doing it.
I will do a more in depth post on this soon, I believe that they are on track, sure it needs tweaking, but it is great
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2014, 03:49 PM   #42
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

MyGM is a complete downgrade from Association. You can no longer control multiple teams, you can't start the season today's point in the real season like last year, which was AWESOME. No matter how you spin myGM, those two missing elements make it worse.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:08 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
MyGM is a complete downgrade from Association. You can no longer control multiple teams, you can't start the season today's point in the real season like last year, which was AWESOME. No matter how you spin myGM, those two missing elements make it worse.
30 team control is unrealistic, gives the user to much control and is just flat out stupid. I had no idea anyone actually used it until this year

Starting the season from the day it was in real life was interesting, but u like to have my own stats and my own record, I don't want to play with stats or a record that I didn't contribute to. But to each his own. I also don't believe in simulating games while others just play 5 games in a season, simulate to the playoffs and then play. Everyone is different, but from my perspective mygm is an improvement without question
Old 01-12-2014, 06:09 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBlack
I disagree.

The 'intention' of the MyGM mode was good.
But the 'execution' of the MyGM mode is another story.

There is a big difference between intending to do something... and actually doing it.
It takes too much control from players, period! It shouldn't even be coupled to online. It's should of had coach mode and so many other features.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:14 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
It takes too much control from players, period! It shouldn't even be coupled to online. It's should of had coach mode and so many other features.
Wth is coach mode? That doesn't even make sense for a basketball game, because you would do nothing but call offensive plays, unless u want to change your defensive sets every second

You already have POE and the ability to call plays, that mode is unnecessary

IMO some of you guys just want flat out nonsense features that don't make much sense for a game developer to actually leave or put in a game at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2014, 06:17 PM   #46
Rookie

Donny514's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED BULL
30 team control is unrealistic, gives the user to much control and is just flat out stupid. I had no idea anyone actually used it until this year

Starting the season from the day it was in real life was interesting, but u like to have my own stats and my own record, I don't want to play with stats or a record that I didn't contribute to. But to each his own. I also don't believe in simulating games while others just play 5 games in a season, simulate to the playoffs and then play. Everyone is different, but from my perspective mygm is an improvement without question
Great argument. Calling many people's opinions stupid because you disagree with it. Many people do 30 team control as the CPU moves are incredibly unrealistic.
All MyGM is is a stripped down version of Association mode with a few extra things. I shouldn't have to spend VC to edit my rotation (even though it is a one time pay). What I think ticks me off the most, is that they force you to make all of these decisions and interviews and goals. What was great about Association was that while it was very in-depth, it was a simple concept to grasp, and that simple concept branched out into many other concepts that veteran players could use. It's simple, MyGM plays the same for everyone, whether you're new or old, while Association could have many people playing it in a much different way.
NBA: Atlanta Hawks, Detroit Pistons, Memphis Grizzlies
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NCAA: Michigan State Spartans
Old 01-12-2014, 06:18 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny514
Great argument. Calling many people's opinions stupid because you disagree with it. Many people do 30 team control as the CPU moves are incredibly unrealistic.
All MyGM is is a stripped down version of Association mode with a few extra things. I shouldn't have to spend VC to edit my rotation (even though it is a one time pay). What I think ticks me off the most, is that they force you to make all of these decisions and interviews and goals. What was great about Association was that while it was very in-depth, it was a simple concept to grasp, and that simple concept branched out into many other concepts that veteran players could use. It's simple, MyGM plays the same for everyone, whether you're new or old, while Association could have many people playing it in a much different way.
I apologize, I don't mean stupid in the regard you are taking it, I mean it doesn't make sense.

Regarding the other stuff in your post, give me a few minutes, I am making a thread for this.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:58 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED BULL
Wth is coach mode? That doesn't even make sense for a basketball game, because you would do nothing but call offensive plays, unless u want to change your defensive sets every second

You already have POE and the ability to call plays, that mode is unnecessary

IMO some of you guys just want flat out nonsense features that don't make much sense for a game developer to actually leave or put in a game at all.

Trust me the way you feel is in the very low minority if it even exist beyond you. I have been a 2K fan from day one and the majority of offline fans expect and want this. If you were to do a poll maybe you and one or two other people wouldn't want these features.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »