Home

Excellent Shot Release... Uh Oh..

This is a discussion on Excellent Shot Release... Uh Oh.. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2014, 01:33 AM   #97
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Excellent Shot Release... Uh Oh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre
The game does script like that. There are tons of people that complain about this. you can pretend its not there all you want but it is there.
Oh, the game definitely can have some semi scripted moments and/or cheating cheese from the computer, i've made a thread about that before with examples. BUT the info you brought to the table for the game you felt was scripted wasn't enough. Just looking at stats and saying "the game cheated because the CPU shot waay better than i did" doesn't work because nobody has anyway of knowing what kind of defense you were playing and what kind of shots you were taking. Not to mention that you shot a low percentage but kept shooting a ridiculous amount of threes. Better off pounding the ball inside and getting fouls and establishing some rhythm at the free throw line.

I don't disagree that the game can cheat and give the CPU some boosted attributes, but i don't know if i agree about that for the game you were talking about or the examples you used because it's not enough info. Now if you wanna talk about literal scripting, how about in my player being up by 25-30 in the 3rd quarter and then being subbed out(no matter what your regular minutes are or how many minutes you play normally) and not being put in until the 4th quarter with 5 seconds left and being down by 1 or 2 with a dynamic goal saying "win the game". THAT'S literally scripting.

Hmm, so after browsing through this thread. It seems like the actual reason you made this is more related to you having issues with the AI beating you or making comebacks rather than actually thinking this is how the mechanic of shooting should work.

Last edited by SPRINGS03; 01-08-2014 at 01:37 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »