Home

Excellent Shot Release... Uh Oh..

This is a discussion on Excellent Shot Release... Uh Oh.. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2014, 12:52 PM   #1
Rookie

aga11ah's Arena

OVR: 5
Excellent Shot Release... Uh Oh..

first off.. let's go over the definition of excellent since 2ksports apparently has no idea what it means.

Quote:
ex·cel·lent
ˈeksələnt/Submit
adjective
extremely good; outstanding.
ok now that we've got that out the way...

I understand just because it's an excellent release that doesn't mean it should go in 100% of the time. I get that. so before the 2k defenders start crying.. I know that already.

now.. I've put in a bunch of hours in this game and I can tell you.. whenever I notice I got off an excellent release the first thing I say is ah damn. why? because they only go in about 50% of the time. it makes no sense at all. even if the shot quality is a B+ or better. if shot quality is a B+ or A then they should go in at least 75%... this is the NBA, not scrubs at the YMCA right?

it's hilarious how you can have a F shot quality and be early or late and have just a good of chance to go in as excellent release. it's so ridiculous.

I actually had 2 excellent releases yesterday with good shooters like Glen Rice Jr clank off the backboard. just brutal misses. it makes no sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 01:03 PM   #2
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Excellent Shot Release... Uh Oh..

You could have an excellent shot release, but you are falling out of bounds.
This grade just takes in consideration the release from you hands, not if you are shooting behind the backboard or if you four defenders in your face or if you laying on the floor.

That's why the shot selection is much better to go by, not the release.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 01-06-2014, 01:03 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aga11ah
first off.. let's go over the definition of excellent since 2ksports apparently has no idea what it means.

ok now that we've got that out the way...

I understand just because it's an excellent release that doesn't mean it should go in 100% of the time. I get that. so before the 2k defenders start crying.. I know that already.

now.. I've put in a bunch of hours in this game and I can tell you.. whenever I notice I got off an excellent release the first thing I say is ah damn. why? because they only go in about 50% of the time. it makes no sense at all. even if the shot quality is a B+ or better. if shot quality is a B+ or A then they should go in at least 75%... this is the NBA, not scrubs at the YMCA right?

it's hilarious how you can have a F shot quality and be early or late and have just a good of chance to go in as excellent release. it's so ridiculous.

I actually had 2 excellent releases yesterday with good shooters like Glen Rice Jr clank off the backboard. just brutal misses. it makes no sense.
Eh, this is one of the few "issues" that people have that i don't think is a big deal. You honestly think that if a shot quality is a B+ or A they should go in 75% of the time? Who in the NBA shoots 75%? I honestly get a little annoyed because in all of my games the shooting% is too high for both teams even with shooting sliders lowered. Also, having a great release doesn't mean as much if you're defended well. Just because you have a perfect released doesn't mean it should go in constantly if you're contested.

You do realize that 50% shooting is good in NBA basketball right? Hell even 3 point shooters that are really good usually only hit 3's at about a 40% clip.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:20 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
Eh, this is one of the few "issues" that people have that i don't think is a big deal. You honestly think that if a shot quality is a B+ or A they should go in 75% of the time? Who in the NBA shoots 75%? I honestly get a little annoyed because in all of my games the shooting% is too high for both teams even with shooting sliders lowered. Also, having a great release doesn't mean as much if you're defended well. Just because you have a perfect released doesn't mean it should go in constantly if you're contested.

You do realize that 50% shooting is good in NBA basketball right? Hell even 3 point shooters that are really good usually only hit 3's at about a 40% clip.
While I agree with you about percentages, and about shots not going in when you're contested. I disagree with game about the excellent releases missing on wide open shots, all the time. I used to get angry, but now is just laugh it off. It happens too often.

Because of the dead eye or space creating sig (I forget which) you get a higher % of the shot falling when a defender is arriving late. Because of that little boost, my shots go in at a higher percentage while the defense is on me than having a wide open shot. I'm saying wide open on the wing, excellent release and a+ quality.. Either winds up shooting short, or bouncing super high and going out of bounds.. My 3s are at 94 and I play on HOF.

Sometimes I'll go 1-9 from 3, others I'll be 7-9.
I mean, my percentages are still realistic, because I make up for it when I score at a higher percentage. So it balances out. I'm hovering 43% 3s, 54% FG, and 81% FT.

The one I don't get is the FT.. I can't make more than 3 consecutive shots. I'm rated 90, and he goes wide right on A- slightly early releases.. And makes B+ releases lol.. Granted, irl, there are shots I thought were going to miss because my release felt off, but the shot winds up going in and everyone's looking at me whilst shaking their heads. I just do the Jordan shoulder shrug "idk"
Old 01-06-2014, 01:24 PM   #5
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
You could have an excellent shot release, but you are falling out of bounds.
This grade just takes in consideration the release from you hands, not if you are shooting behind the backboard or if you four defenders in your face or if you laying on the floor.

That's why the shot selection is much better to go by, not the release.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

but but... you can be WIDE open and it gives you a c- because somehow the guy 15 feet from you is "contesting" your shot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 01:32 PM   #6
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
but but... you can be WIDE open and it gives you a c- because somehow the guy 15 feet from you is "contesting" your shot
Then that's where the problem lies, if it really is a problem; not in the shot release.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 01-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #7
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

also what bout them hard coded shooting %'s.. 84 3pt rating A+ quality/release brick city, marc gasol _.. 2/2 from 3pt! cpu needs to have release timing like in 2k11??
Old 01-06-2014, 02:02 PM   #8
Pro

Why do these dudes create threads if you're just a
"2k defender" if you disagree?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »