Home

Things to make MyCareer Better in 2k15

This is a discussion on Things to make MyCareer Better in 2k15 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #9
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Things to make MyCareer Better in 2k15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUBoy93
I get that people would do that with custom sliders but the mode should be about what we want to do. If people want to average 100 ppg, more power to them. I want to be able to have a realistic like experience which isn't possible without getting custom sliders in the mode. We can have it in myGM but not myCareer? That's not okay.
See, THERE you've made a pretty good point. We do have them in MyGM. But I believe they keep them out of MyCareer for leaderboard purposes. Which is completely dumb because no one really pays attention to them, or gets on the site at all (at least I don't).

I'd love to see sliders in MyCareer, but realistically thinking, I don't think we'll ever have that luxury.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 01-10-2014, 11:13 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6
Icon2 Re: Things to make MyCareer Better in 2k15

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
i cant imagine custom sliders coming anytime soon as long as vc is in place.
I think its time we start a petition or boycott of 2k15 until custom sliders are added to this mode. Operation sports could get it done. Every other sports title with career mode in the history of gaming has custom sliders, yet they punish us for some perceived notion they have. you are not going earn more VC with sliders, anyone can average 80pts 20assists in this game on pro/allstar if they want. its not like you pile up VC for your stats. There are sliders in The Show, yet customers still buy tons of XP points so they shouldn't worry about losing money that way either. Its disrespectful the way they treat their fans of this mode compared to other companies. The show has so much customization in their great career mode it never gets old. I have never played an NBA2k career that didn't get old real fast, since we are locked into a certain gameplay and cannot tweak it at all.

Hell, I'll take sliders only in offline mode. 2k can't argue with that can they? my offline player cannot go online so where's the harm in letting me play basketball the way I want (realistic)? The customer pays $60+, you'd think we could play the kind of hoops we like. This is going to go on forever unless someone can really get their attention on this issue...
Old 01-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0

Personally, I think the way my career was in 2K11 was the sweet spot. They improved in some areas since then, but took a bunch of steps backwards in other areas that had me scratching my head.

First of all, I liked that we had the D-league and summer league games and hated how they were all taken out in favor of a single "rookie showcase" game. I understand some people want to just jump into the NBA, but some people (like me) actually loved the realistic touch. Perhaps give players an option in the future, if they want to be a lottery-bound phenom, or a guy just trying to crack an NBA roster?

Secondly, I like the general idea of scripted cutscenes, but there were key mistakes in their execution IMO. The game sometimes scripts the gameplay of either you or your teammates to get a cutscene (random 2 missed free throws in a row, and I'm asked to practice FTs afterwards? what a coincidence...) and that should never happen. Cutscenes are okay but they should be based on my play and my play alone, period.

Another good idea with poor execution are those social media and dynamic goal challenges. If my point guard gets 30 points and 11 assists, I shouldn't be blasted on social media for just getting 2 rebounds. And I hate hate hate those dynamic goals that ask me to be a ball hog or play "hero ball" and score 10 straight points or take the game winning shot (regardless if I'm double teamed). No coach in his right mind would ever encourage such a selfish style of play.

Finally, why the hell are you trying to monetize basic accessories like headbands and arm sleeves 2K, that's just greedy. If you're making us pay for them it should be because they have attribute boosts; otherwise basic player accessories should be free, like it used to be. That's nearly as bad as charging to set lineups in MyGM.

That about covers it, if they fixed all of this 2k15 = best game ever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

I say scrap VC entirely for every mode except MyTeam, and maybe whatever Park mode comes in 2k15. Let people pay for Jordan and Wilt.

If 2k wants to be groundbreaking with its career mode, the best thing to do would be to tie player development to on-court play. If I want to raise my three point shot, then I should focus on shooting drills in practice and taking good, open looks in game. Ditto for ball-handling.

There is no reason why making 8 layups in a game should lead to me being any better at shooting free throws. It's a fundamental disconnect in the mode that I think should go away.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:32 PM   #13
Rookie

For mycareer:

I would like to see more diverse cutscenes, especially after the first season. I've talked to my GM way too many times about the new place I just bought. Get rid of Jackson Ellis entirely. Like others have mentioned, have your rival an actual NBA player or NBA rookie. I understand it would be difficult to do with voice overs, but it would be a lot better than a made up character. Give the option for more shoe endorsements. Having adidas this year was a nice touch, hopefully it'll keep getting better.

My biggest complaint with the VC in my player is that the contracts don't mean jack sh*t. Either pay out more VC per paycheck, or at least give
Us the option to do off court things with it. Let us buy a house and different choices (downtown condo, mansion in the suburbs,
Etc). I think that would be realistic, and very cool.

Also, please either give us more customization in regards to our faces and appearance, or give us the option to upload our photo to use
For our player- like fifa does.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadlowe
I say scrap VC entirely for every mode except MyTeam, and maybe whatever Park mode comes in 2k15. Let people pay for Jordan and Wilt.

If 2k wants to be groundbreaking with its career mode, the best thing to do would be to tie player development to on-court play. If I want to raise my three point shot, then I should focus on shooting drills in practice and taking good, open looks in game. Ditto for ball-handling.

There is no reason why making 8 layups in a game should lead to me being any better at shooting free throws. It's a fundamental disconnect in the mode that I think should go away.
I agree, this sounds fantastic. The worst thing is this was used to be in the game to some extent; doing practice drills used to give you attribute rewards in addition to VC, but they took the rewards out and now it's just straight VC.

This increased reliance on VC is objectively making the game worse for those who don't pay.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:00 PM   #15
MVP

OkayC's Arena

If this game keeps cut scenes, then at least give me the option to skip them. I don't mind them for talking to the gm and coach, but that's it. Give me sliders, the ability to boost attributes by practicing in the gym, at least during off season. Get rid of the cut scenes that are just there to be gimmicky and make a story line. Let me make my own story. Have practice mean something. And let the personality badges determine my place on the team. Like the sparkplug one should mean I come off the bench as a sixth man, like a Jamaal Crawford.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2014, 03:53 PM   #16
Rookie

The scripted gameplay has got to go.

Also I hate that my guy has to score 40+ points for my team to be even close at the end of the game.

Get rid of vc. Introduce some exp system that has nothing to do with online play.

Why can't my team play D? It's either let CPU drive to the hoop for a lay up or I help and they kick it out for a three and I get "allowed man to score". My teams center will never jump or block anyone driving the to the rim. It's so bad. I thought this was the nba?

Why did I spend an hour creating my own sig shoe that I cannot wear? I'm sure nike love it that I still wear 2k trash when they pay me to wear nike.

Why do CPU players always shoot open Js but when I drive and kick it to my guys for a wide open j they instead drive in to a congested lane right behind me? Idiotic.

My message to 2K - you guys are not what you think you are. To have these issues in a game that you spent 17 years developing is quite embarrassing. I would patch out that intro, I wouldn't brag about that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »