Home

Things to make MyCareer Better in 2k15

This is a discussion on Things to make MyCareer Better in 2k15 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2014, 03:54 AM   #25
Rookie

Khaos_Kiwi's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Things to make MyCareer Better in 2k15

One idea I just thought of would be changing your game time gear in the locker room pre-game.

As in choosing what shoes to wear and other accessories.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2014, 03:56 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
Most important thing for mycareer:

WHY ARE PLAYS NEVER RUN WHEN YOU ARE AT ANY POSITION OTHER THAN PG?
that is like the worst thing they fixed the pick glitch where if u tried to set. pick it would end whatever play u were running and now they just dont run plays which is the worst i mean i have a C for the Pelicans and all we do is the big guys sit in the post nd stand there and the perimeter players sit at the three point and run iso plays only play is when i set a pick and roll.

But its crazy becaude the cpu runs all sorts of plays

R.I.P King Kobe

PSN:Jfingaz27
Twitter: @Jof3_
Twitch: JOF3

Best places: Mount Carmel High School, ESPN 1000

R.I.P MOM . Father of Jerry IV, Jaiden, Jeremiah and Mila-Rose
Old 01-12-2014, 03:56 AM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinger2013
that is like the worst thing they fixed the pick glitch where if u tried to set. pick it would end whatever play u were running and now they just dont run plays which is the worst i mean i have a C for the Pelicans and all we do is the big guys sit in the post nd stand there and the perimeter players sit at the three point and run iso plays only play is when i set a pick and roll.

But its crazy becaude the cpu runs all sorts of plays
theres so many little simple thingd 2k can do to fix this stuff but choode not to its ridiculous

R.I.P King Kobe

Old 01-12-2014, 10:09 AM   #28
Rookie

champ1997's Arena

They need to bring back Summer league cause a lot of rookies make a quick name for themselves in the summer league and it also gives you a chance to work on your game B4 the season starts and also need to have ability to choose your Jersey Wich is so simple
Old 01-12-2014, 10:09 PM   #29
MVP

zello144's Arena

WARNING VERY LONG LIST DONT GET ANGRY I WARNED YOU!

1. Change up the contracts let me get paid in money not VC. I want to be able to earn performance bonuses for making a certain number of stats or winning awards. I get that 2K uses VC a lot but I want realism. At least let me buy VC with my money In 2K12 we could buy SP's with our salary.
2. Give us more agents each with their own benefits and disadvantages right now they are pretty much the same. Say I sign with one agent I will probably not get drafted high or get those large mega deals in free agency but he gets me high paying endorsements.
3. Draft Combine I want to work out for teams and go through the combine I either end up getting drafted as a 1st or 2nd rounder or go undrafted depending on how good I do but as an undrafted player I can get invited to any teams training camp and try to make the roster if I don't put me in the D-league.
4. Put in Summer league and training camp bring back the D-league.
5. Fix the coach AI seriously I should not be playing the entire 4th quarter or be playing center if im a PG etc. Also let me discuss strategy with the coach right now its just scripted I want to actually discuss strategy review film discuss minutes etc.
6. With the GM if my coach gets fired let me help him try to find a replacement while this doesn't happen a lot If I'm a star player the GM should ask for my input atleast.
7. In the All star game present us with the MVP award if we are the player of the game and let us give a little speech the same with the Finals if we win.Also show the celebration in the locker room.
8. When we sign with a team, get drafted high, or get traded give us an introductory press conference showing us wearing our new jersey and how do we feel about the team,city, and teammates.
9. Press conferences in the locker room keep it like it is only in the playoffs or like when #7 happens.
10. Fix the AI teammates most of what they do is....questionable
11. Bring back drills If I want to be the best I gotta put in dat work to be deh best.
12. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PLAY EVERY SINGLE GAME! LET US SIM SOME GAMES LIKE THE SHOW. IT TAKES FOREVER TO GET THROUGH A SEASON! I only play the enitre 1st season and sometimes the 2nd then its sim to the playoffs for me but with My Career we can't do that.
13. Give me the last game environment if its my last game in the NBA I want it to feel like it. I wanna go out like MJ did in 03 the announcers all talking about him and the fans and everyone cheering at him even though they were playing away.
14. When we retire let us see our number getting retired and hung up in the rafters. I have also been asking for this in just about every sports game LET US COACH! When we retire after our playing days are over let us be the coach I want to be like Jason Kidd let us schedule practices discuss trades with the GM. Go over game film and strategy with players. We should be able to become head coaches or assistants in the NBA or D-League. This makes us play the game a bit longer instead of it collecting dust.

I WARNED YOU IT WAS LONG DONT GET ANGRY YOU CHOSE TO READ IT
xD

Long list and probably not happening anytime soon but they should at least think about some of this.

Last edited by zello144; 01-12-2014 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:57 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Most of the time you get drafted by a team you simply don't want to play for or a team that has a star at your position already. Portland for example shouldn't be drafting you, a soon to be star PG, to eventually replace Lillard which will happen by end of the 1st season.

1. Tune the CPU draft logic to avoid this from happening or have interested CPU teams that have a need at your position trade up in the draft to get you.

2. Or Add an OPTION to start your career as a free agent. As a free agent you would try out for scouts from various teams. You would then receive offers from multiple teams and you could choose the best fit for your player.

Basically those first two are about not having to go through the process of asking for trades until you move to a team you like or a team that actually needs your services.

3. Add in a way to test out your player BEFORE the cutscenes and showcase game. I tend to create a lot of myplayers and change the height, weight, position, type etc until I have what I want. The problem is it could take 10-15 minutes to get through the start before you can actually use your player in the showcase.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:21 PM   #31
Rookie

. Possibility to have different MPs (position, appearance, name, everything customizable individually)
for OFFLINE use only

. Possibility to choose at the beginning of the mode if we want to use VC for attribute + accessories or for accessories only

Choosing accessories only means that you can only make your MP better based on what u do on the court/during practice
(ex : after 50 def rbds --> +1 Def Rbd) FIFA IS THE PERFECT EXAMPLE TO FOLLOW FOR THIS.

. Possibility to have different MPs (position, appearance, name, everything customizable individually)
for ONLINE use only

About MP online... What about 2 servers ?

. 1 for hardcore 2k fans with attribute progress based on what u do on the court/practice (VC can only buy accessories)
. 1 for casual players who don't have time for this and want to be able to buy their attritubes with VC.

. Advanced customization tool

. Get rid of any type of scenario/rival/cutscene that is not extremely well made and diversified enough to not become boring.

. Get rid of voices (ruin the immersion and limit possibilities of coherent dialogues).
Texts for dialogues >>>> voices we have now

. Get rid of VC for contracts (WE WANT $$$, and realistic amounts of it for what we are worth on the court.

. Realistic prices for accessories (and realistic means free for most, what nba player pay his own headbands?)

. Bring back draft combine, summer lg, training camps and D-League !

. Please let us have our own experience, it shouldn't be like a linear COD story mode.

I should be able to have a MP who plays like Rodman and another one who plays like Sefolosha if i want to, and my teammates still play their game and my team still having a realistic chance of winning the game, and not HAVE to have the new superstar in the league for your story to make sense.

I know what you tried to do, yes it's a slap in the face when you play the game for the first time, but it's ruining the immersion on the long run for your real fans.

. CUSTOM SLIDERS (absolutely mandatory)

Advice from a LONG TIME fan, 2k Devz:
Think about making History
Not making money
The money you are seeing flowing now thanks to micro transactions is going to cost you your throne and your reputation on the long run. Only an inexperienced and ignorant blind person wouldn't see that.
Making History with the best product possible will make you enough money and self esteem to be truely happy !

Last edited by Guy Georges; 01-13-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2014, 03:53 AM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokie36
Most of the time you get drafted by a team you simply don't want to play for or a team that has a star at your position already. Portland for example shouldn't be drafting you, a soon to be star PG, to eventually replace Lillard which will happen by end of the 1st season.

1. Tune the CPU draft logic to avoid this from happening or have interested CPU teams that have a need at your position trade up in the draft to get you.

2. Or Add an OPTION to start your career as a free agent. As a free agent you would try out for scouts from various teams. You would then receive offers from multiple teams and you could choose the best fit for your player.

Basically those first two are about not having to go through the process of asking for trades until you move to a team you like or a team that actually needs your services.

3. Add in a way to test out your player BEFORE the cutscenes and showcase game. I tend to create a lot of myplayers and change the height, weight, position, type etc until I have what I want. The problem is it could take 10-15 minutes to get through the start before you can actually use your player in the showcase.
Yeah they can def do what nhl does allow u to go through the draft or just pick the team u play for which would be great

R.I.P King Kobe

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »