Home

Things to make MyCareer Better in 2k15

This is a discussion on Things to make MyCareer Better in 2k15 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2014, 07:59 PM   #33
Rookie

champ1997's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Things to make MyCareer Better in 2k15

1.Bring back Summer League, Draft Combine, and Training Camp
2.Remove Jackson Ellis and replace him with the top Rookie at the position you choose
3.Give us the option to choose jerseys

Last edited by champ1997; 02-05-2014 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:25 PM   #34
Rookie

Valhalla's Arena

At first I would just like 3 little things fixed.

1) I should be able to change my number.
2) I should be able to choose which different jerseys for games.
3) why is is there not an option for red facial hair?
Old 02-11-2014, 06:29 PM   #35
Rookie

Finepanther's Arena

MyCareer Wishlist

1. No More Buying Attributes: This is not only boring but completely un-realistic. We should have a sense of accomplishment when we walk out on the court/park and our player is good. We should have to train and put in some work to get that dribbling attribute up, or to make 3s, or any other aspect of our MyPlayer's game. The training doesn't have to be tedious, they could be fun, competitive drills that we would look forward to doing. If our free-throws aren't falling, we could hit the gym and practice, this should then be reflected in an improvement after the workout (I realize this is in the game but we don't get more freethrow attributes when its over, we still have to buy them, it doesn't make any sense). To help with the workload we could be given better rookies so we aren't killing ourselves to be respectable in the league.

2. Different Player Stories/Backgrounds: Enough of the "unknown player who comes out of nowhere to surprise the scouts" storyline. We've had some variation of this since the mode began back in 11. I want to be the phenom, or college star with all the added pressure that comes with it. No more underdog, we've been there, let's move on.

3. Improving a Player's Body: I want to earn that "ripped" physique or train for the bigger muscles. Again I don't want to purchase quickness, speed, strength or vertical leap. I want to train for it (or come into the league with it). If I don't stay in shape my player could start to look soft and that would reflect itself in how he actually looks and plays. Maybe I want to put in some muscle for my post game. I'd hit the gym, lift the weights and come out looking stronger and being stronger, muscling smaller guys out of the way. This might in turn hurt my outside quickness but perhaps it's a trade off I'd be willing to make. Just like with ability, we should have pride in how our MyPlayers look. They look that way because I worked for it.

4. Offseason Mode: In past years my absolute favorite thing to do in MyCareer was to start saving up VC with about a month or so left in the season. After the play-offs I'd take that VC and put it into various attributes I wanted to improve on and come into the new season with an added weapon (post game, 3pt shot, better handle). This way I could simulate off-season improvement. I'd love to see this put in the game for real with various camps or trainers that we could hire to improve our skills or body that are specific for the offseason.

5. Cut the Cut-Scenes: If you can't do it right, don't do it at all. This addition is always going to get repetitive, even if the writing and story is good, which it isn't. This was also a sneaky way of taking out the various practice modes within MyCareer by only allowing us to do them once in awhile. I should be able to hit the practice court whenever I want, not when 2k wants me to, same for GM meetings.

6. More Customization: I'm talking about the face and body here. I love the addition of wingspan this year, I'd like to see that extended to other places like hands. Jordan was artistic because his hands were huge! I want to palm the ball or fake-pass with one hand like he did. Bigger hands could open up their own animation trees.

7. Signature Style: I've seen this brought up in other threads and I love the idea. Right now we get to choose how a player looks, dribbles, and shoots. Why not let us choose how they run, jump, back peddle, how they carry themselves? Do they chew gum? How do they trash talk to the other players? What's their overall feel or aura? I know this can be done because they did it with the Jordan Challenge. It was the little things that made it feel like I was Jordan in that mode. The addition of emotion this year was a good start but I'd like to see it pulled back into a more subtle representation. My guy screams at everything, literally every play he is screaming at stuff. They should save it for the big moments, not every time he makes a freethrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2014, 07:16 PM   #36
Rookie

DMTS's Arena

Customization

- The ability to choose jerseys. Idea: (The option to choose "throwback", "alternate", "regular", or when the time is right "Holiday" jersey "set" for each game to keep both teams wearing the same type of jerseys.

- Team colored/2nd colored accessories. They were in 2k13 and the CPUs have them so why cant we have them?

- Wider player customization. It's been said before so not going to go into it.

- The option to set home/away accessories. Ex. White for home, black for away.

General Ideas

- Player badges. Put us on the opposite sides of some cutscenes. An example would be a "leader" badge and would allow us to pep-talk teammates when they have a bad game to get them going again.

- GM Trust in you. This would also give the opportunity to add a badge when your trust gets high enough. The GM would go to you and get your opinion on trades and free agency. This would also allow you to get the right players around you to have a great team and ENJOY the game without stressing about your teammates.

- When you ask for a trade, the 3 teams you ask for have no influence on where you go. It'd be great if they actually did something.

- On court interviews. Just like the post-game interviews use the 4 options.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:02 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 9

Better Player Tendencies there is no way MCW of the 76ers who averages 16ppg irl should average just 7 in MyCareer mode that's just ridiculous

R.I.P King Kobe

PSN:Jfingaz27
Twitter: @Jof3_
Twitch: JOF3

Best places: Mount Carmel High School, ESPN 1000

R.I.P MOM . Father of Jerry IV, Jaiden, Jeremiah and Mila-Rose
Old 03-31-2014, 08:11 AM   #38
Pro

more things they need to add is an off-season transaction tracker , and give us the ability to know how much salary cap space we have.

I mean I wanna know who we draft what draft day trades we make, and what moves we make in Free agency.

Because my 76ers should of had like pick 16 or something but ended up with pick 9 and still managed not to draft a good player, But we signed LBJ so its cool.

But other than that we made no moves in free agency and I would like to know why when we only have 2 players on our bench with an overall of 71 and 70 the rest our all under 68.

There should be away to keep track of whats happening during the OFF-season and it should be a big Deal when u win awards like ROY,DPOY or MVP I shouldn't have to wait to find that out until next season if I don't make playoffs

R.I.P King Kobe

Old 03-31-2014, 08:18 AM   #39
Pro

also there needs to be more BIG Men prospects in the draft
there was a total of only 3 Centers drafted and one was a 70ovr the other a 57ovr and a 55ovr

Here is a breakdown of prospects by position in this draft class

17SG 12SF 13PG 7PF 3C

only one PF had an overall over 70 and it was a 71 the rest were all 67 or under

all the 80 and above prospects were either SG or PG with one being a SF with the highest rated prospect being a 82

But the best big man is a 71
that's just not fair 2k your draft classes for MyCareer should be much better and more random please and depth at each position shouldn't be hard

R.I.P King Kobe

Old 03-31-2014, 05:06 PM   #40

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

All i want is for them to bring back the draft combine and summer league, and give us the ability to choose uniforms for the game. One we already had and they took out, the other is a standard for sports games and its ridiculous that it still has not made it into this mode since it debuted in 2K10.

EDIT: how could I forget FREE AGENCY

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »