Home

Before I TOTALLY ruin my MyCareer...

This is a discussion on Before I TOTALLY ruin my MyCareer... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2014, 11:21 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Before I TOTALLY ruin my MyCareer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Steezyy
Did you choose them as your favorite team when you first made your myCareer? If you did no matter how high rated you are you'll get traded there for very little assets using Sir Duke's method.

Also I got those things you were talking about before I got traded to my favorite team so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get traded to the Heat.
I did select the Heat as my favorite team. Part of the issue is you get lebron's signature skill the second time u play against him. Unfortunately my Phoenix Suns aren't scheduled to play the Heat for the second time until the week before the trade deadline. Therefore if I even ask for the trade right after, it wouldn't happen in time likely, since the GM gives u a few days to "think" about it. Plus lebron's conversation with u about teaming up, doesn't occur until the offseason. So these two things make me think it could be a problem
Old 01-13-2014, 10:22 AM   #10
Rookie

Anyone have a definitive answer? Like they've done it?
Old 01-13-2014, 11:11 AM   #11
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman38134
...has anyone successfully been traded to the Heat during their rookie year? I ask because I played through 2 full seasons and into my 3rd. I just created a new career and am considering trying to be traded to the Heat. But having already seen how some story elements play out during your first year regarding some interactions with Lebron when u play against him, win the championship, etc, it makes me wonder if the game would even allow u to be on his team. Cause if so, some scenes either shouldn't play or would seem weird. So again, just wondering if anyone has successfully pulled off the trade their rookie year.
Play really bad in the rookie showcase and get drafted by the Heat late. In my first mycareer on current gen that's how I got drafted by the Heat, my favorite team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2014, 03:52 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
Play really bad in the rookie showcase and get drafted by the Heat late. In my first mycareer on current gen that's how I got drafted by the Heat, my favorite team.
I didn't even think they had a pick. Hey so I'm curious, since u were drafted by them, did u ever get the scenes where Lebron says he's been watching u or gives u his signature skill? Or how did that play out?
Old 01-13-2014, 04:11 PM   #13
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman38134
I didn't even think they had a pick. Hey so I'm curious, since u were drafted by them, did u ever get the scenes where Lebron says he's been watching u or gives u his signature skill? Or how did that play out?
He said it was on current gen ( ps3 360 ) you had no scenes on CG only on NG
Old 01-13-2014, 05:47 PM   #14
Rookie

Oh I overlooked that part of his comment. Well that just burst my bubble
Old 01-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #15
Rookie

Guess no one has actually done it. Scared I'm gonna screw up my career when I request this trade soon and get sent somewhere I really don't wanna be
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2014, 11:59 PM   #16
Rookie

BoJackson16's Arena

I've done everything Duke method says to do so far. Just got past trade star teammate conversation. If Sir Duke method hold true I'll know in a few games. I'll post if it works or not

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »