Home

Examining Mygm and why it's vc implementation is good

This is a discussion on Examining Mygm and why it's vc implementation is good within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2014, 08:11 AM   #73
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Examining Mygm and why it's vc implementation is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED BULL
Honestly, if you are incapable of understanding that in real life, one gm cannot do all of the things that you are asking to do, then I can't help you. We are talking about mygm mode, what do you think is wrong with it, not including things that are unrealistic to the mode.

This is like you telling me that in my career you want the ability to sign free agents or make trades. And you are angry because you feel limited. Do players in the real world have this ability?

Now, if the only thing that you find wrong with mygm is that it is not association mode, which is similar, but in concept cannot be the same, then we shouldn't bother continuing this discussion.

I'm just trying to see what others like and don't like about the mode, encompassing what the mode is supposed to be
but in mygm you are not only the gm but your gm is also the coach and you control every player on your team on the court. do gms irl have that much control over the team?
Old 01-13-2014, 08:14 AM   #74
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
It is unrealistic, in my opinion it should be removed.

Why? Bad draft. Look at the stats of the guy the cavs drafted, things happen.

The CPU doesn't shoot 75% from 3 and I have the slider at 47.

Is vc a necessity? Sure. If ur playing an RPG, I hope you don't think you can win without leveling up, the boss would kill you right? So in 2k,u would just get fired if you are unable to complete your goals at your current level.

So you want to have 30 gms? Lol, you can't even have 30 my players so that couldn't happen at all.
not with the right strategies. pretty much every rpg ive ever played has (user-created) challenges online to beat the game without leveling up.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:18 AM   #75
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
I'm not saying don't speak on it, but you are mad at one game mode, because it isn't another. Isn't that unfair?

That's like looking at porsche and looking at a benz and getting mad at the porsche becuse it isn't a benz. Sure they have similarity in that they are both cars, but they are different experiences.

I don't get how you can be so closed minded in that you can't discuss one thing and what u like and don't like, without comparing it to something else.

Don't you understand why it can't be association?

Can you not do everything you asked in a quick game modes. You can have all the control you want, put any player where u want, male ur own schedule. Heck, I'll give u a piece of paper so u can keep your own stats. All the control you want, becuse quick game allows it.
youre alluding to the rpg elements of the game; in that case why dont we have to start out as an assistant coach or even a trainer then work our way up to gm? that would be more realistic than starting as a gm with none of the skills required to be successful.

back to the association vs mygm argument: i wouldnt get mad at a porsche because its not a benz. but i would get mad if someone took away my benz and gave me a porsche instead. thats the difference here. they took away something that everyone liked and replaced it with something else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2014, 08:24 AM   #76
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Thank you for this response, but if people don't want to be one gm, don't play the mode, and don't complain about not being able to do certain things in it that go against what the mode is , go play quick game, all the control they want is there.
this sounds eerily similar to don mattricks response to the always online requirement of the xbox one:

Quote:
Some of the advantages that you get, of having, a box that is designed to use an online state, so, that, uh, to me is the future-proof choice, and I think people, could've arguably gone the other way if we didn't do it and fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Xbox 360.
so if you dont like mygm dont play it. fortunately we have a product for anyone who wants to have control. its called nba 2k14 on the pc/ps3/xbox 360.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:26 AM   #77
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Yea, I'm probably a 2k spy trying to get you to see the light.

Fantasy draft should never have been in there imo and I don't believe I've ever used it in a 2k game.

It is a video game, but you also don't see purple or green people, or coaches with flaming hair so I think they are trying to be realistic to the actual product, which is why the nba granted them the license....

30 team control doesn't hurt me, but it also doesn't make sense within the scope of mygm

im sorry i couldnt resist
Old 01-13-2014, 08:30 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 1

How about keep MyGM just like it is for those people that like that and for the rest of us that want total control of everything in the league they can add a MyCommissioner mode.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #79
Banned

OVR: 12

Spoiler

Get what you're saying -- these new modes are pretty high achievements and go above and beyond -- but at the end of the day, this is a videogame. People want options and customization. No one ever complained about too many options or too much customization. I wouldn't ever want to concede options and say oh well it's just part of the game. In this day and age gamers expect all the fixins with their sports games. I think it's excusable this year because this is the first game on the next gen consoles, but imo 2K15 should be entirely about -

1. Customization
2. Options
3. Less VC overkill
4. Fixing the bugs, fixing the servers (ever?), cleaning it up, refining the game
5. A fancy new feature
Old 01-13-2014, 09:18 AM   #80
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

The very nature of something being ones opinion makes it impossible to call a thought wrong, but the basis that VC somehow makes this game better is highly illogical.

As it's been pointed out an insane amount of times. Why would I to pay for something that should be build into the game? I don't disagree with the premise of a RPG like feel in all 'MyWHATEVER' modes the problem is it's implementation. VC was created for one purpose only and that was to squeeze more money out of the consumer. Other wise it would have just remained 'skill points' and would continue to be collect playing the game.

VC adds nothing in terms of realism. If anything VC stagnant any real progress to be made in MyGM or MyPLAYER. 'Skill points' aren't realistic in itself. What we should have been looking at going into this new generation of consoles were more lifelike progression. Centered around practices, in game performances, and experience. Seriously what's realistic about improving my vertical 12' in a month. Or going from an awful talent evaluator to Sam Presti in a month? What we should be looking at is an end to the cookie cutter that Player/GM building. For the whole purpose of the 'MyWHATEVER' mode is the feel of really doing something. What's real about upgrading attributes you don't even work on. This is what VC represents at a small cost none the less.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 01-13-2014 at 09:20 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »